Floor vs Stage?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bushy
Feather Flights

Floor vs Stage?

Post by Bushy »

Ok, so it is pretty evident looking at results over the past few years, that some people just aren't 'floor' players. Part, Sheherd, MVG, van der Voort, Barney, Wade, Jenkins, Mardle etc. Never seem to do that well on the floor, they have all won an event (except Shepherd) since the began in the PDC, but they never seem to do it consistantly, as opposed to Jones, Ovens, Caven, Osborne, Hamilton, Heydon etc. Who have all transformed into quality floor players.

So, what is it that makes players good on the floor, but bad on the stage, and vice versa?
Gringo
Pub Champion

Re: Floor vs Stage?

Post by Gringo »

Bushy wrote:Ok, so it is pretty evident looking at results over the past few years, that some people just aren't 'floor' players. Part, Sheherd, MVG, van der Voort, Barney, Wade, Jenkins, Mardle etc. Never seem to do that well on the floor, they have all won an event (except Shepherd) since the began in the PDC, but they never seem to do it consistantly, as opposed to Jones, Ovens, Caven, Osborne, Hamilton, Heydon etc. Who have all transformed into quality floor players.

So, what is it that makes players good on the floor, but bad on the stage, and vice versa?
I dont agree with saying Van Der Voort isnt a floor player I think hes consistently good on the floor.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

There is a subtle difference between the players you list and I think there are 2 types:

Some of them don’t have the incentive to perform to their highest level week in week out on the floor (Barney, Wade, Jenkins)

While some I agree do seem to struggle on the floor despite having the incentive/need to get ranking places.
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Brissy touched on this in this months Darts mag- saying playing in empty halls then stepping onto the big stage will come to a shock for any up and coming player..Words to that effect anyway...
ericbristowlegend
Pub Champion

Post by ericbristowlegend »

star quality
How goes it?
Paulie Walnuts
Pub Champion

Post by Paulie Walnuts »

Painter is another you can add to your first list. Maybe it's a motivation problem.
Captain Ash
Pub Champion

Post by Captain Ash »

It's a long day at a Players Champs, a lot of waiting for your games to come up in the early stages so I would expect maintaining concentration, & to remain focused is an issue.
Live your life, 'cause you've got a good one.