World Championship Qualifying Spots

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: World Championship Qualifying Spots

Post by nikkiboy »

doubles for dough wrote:the uk open is the best tournament because of the unpredictability of it. i would suggest scrapping the world championship and most of all the other tournaments that are on sky. Maybe keep 2 televised a year the newly named World open championship and the world matchplay. theres too much darts on tv and it could lead to an oversaturation of the product and a decline in interest. so Barry if you're listening this is my vision for world darts. it is the way forward.

Look forward to hearing from you

Doubles for Dough
thank you Mr Holmes
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

are you stalking me?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

I have just looked on the PDC europe website and many of the countries are offering Wildcards/entries,hotels etc for PDC europe tour events next year if you finish 2nd 3rd etc in the europe playoffs.

I was just wondering how these players are going to be able to enter the european PDC tour tournaments if all peeople with a tour card (128) all travel to the comps. Surely there will be no places available. And from what I understand if all 128 places are not taken then there is going to be a Friday night qualifying comp for PDPA members.

Maybe I am wrong but I dont seem to understand things here??? :?
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:I have just looked on the PDC europe website and many of the countries are offering Wildcards/entries,hotels etc for PDC europe tour events next year if you finish 2nd 3rd etc in the europe playoffs.

I was just wondering how these players are going to be able to enter the european PDC tour tournaments if all peeople with a tour card (128) all travel to the comps. Surely there will be no places available. And from what I understand if all 128 places are not taken then there is going to be a Friday night qualifying comp for PDPA members.

Different rules apply outside of the UK at the moment anyway, no doubt they will remain. So the 220 who entered Salzburg Saturday may happen again.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Bradders wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:I have just looked on the PDC europe website and many of the countries are offering Wildcards/entries,hotels etc for PDC europe tour events next year if you finish 2nd 3rd etc in the europe playoffs.

Different rules apply outside of the UK at the moment anyway, no doubt they will remain. So the 220 who entered Salzburg Saturday may happen again.

Whats the point in having the tour card then in Europe, They dont do that in golf??

Suppose it means those not in top 96 or have a tour card can enter in europe then.

Personally i cant see this being the case, Only time will tell.
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I think there are issues in Europe surrounding restriction of trade, hence why anyone can enter Salzburg, Haarlem etc... as a day member.

That might remain, I could be wrong though. Knowing me I probably am.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Bradders wrote:I think there are issues in Europe surrounding restriction of trade, hence why anyone can enter Salzburg, Haarlem etc... as a day member.

I think ya will be on this one bradders
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Bradders wrote:I think there are issues in Europe surrounding restriction of trade, hence why anyone can enter Salzburg, Haarlem etc... as a day member.

I would like to be wrong, the Day Membership is a bit silly. Think it was 220 entries at Salzburg and from accounts on here it was chaotic.
Big Jock Knew
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

Bradders wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

I would like to be wrong, the Day Membership is a bit silly. Think it was 220 entries at Salzburg and from accounts on here it was chaotic.
When the PDC briefly published the 2011 Order of Merit rules in July the main change was that Tour Card holders would not have play in the preliminary round of any non-UK event.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

armchairfan wrote:
When the PDC briefly published the 2011 Order of Merit rules in July the main change was that Tour Card holders would not have play in the preliminary round of any non-UK event.
so if all 128 Pro tour card holders turn up and say 100 more enter that means some tour card holders will get byes and some wont, Cant see that being fair, money is paid for last 64,the idea is win 1 game and ya in the money, this will not be possible if more than 128 enter
JFT97
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
armchairfan wrote:
so if all 128 Pro tour card holders turn up and say 100 more enter that means some tour card holders will get byes and some wont, Cant see that being fair, money is paid for last 64,the idea is win 1 game and ya in the money, this will not be possible if more than 128 enter
But there aren't 128 Tour Card holders only 120. So the non-members would play down to 8 if all Tour Card holders turned up.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

armchairfan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
armchairfan wrote:
But there aren't 128 Tour Card holders only 120. So the non-members would play down to 8 if all Tour Card holders turned up.
I must have it wrong then because I thought there was going to be top 96 in order of merit then womens world WC finalists,u'21 wc finaslists etc then the remaining place were going to the Q school till the 128 was filled up. And then if the 128 did not enter for a players comp the remaining places would be offered for members to play for on a friday night to make the 128.

This is what has been talked about between players.
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Nope, 120:

Tour Cards will be awarded to the following players:
Top 96 full PDPA members from the PDC Order of Merit (having competed in at least 10 events which are counted on the PDC Order of Merit during the preceding two years) as of Jan 4 2011.
4 x semi-finalists from the 2011 Lakeside Championship
2 x finalists from the 2011 PDC World Under-21 Championship
2 x finalists from the 2010 PDC World Women's Championship
16 x players who progress from 2011 Q School
In the event that any players from the above list choose not to take up their Tour Card by a deadline determined by the PDC, extra places will be allocated to players from the Q School.

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0 ... 70,00.html
Big Jock Knew
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

Bag Carrier wrote:
armchairfan wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:
armchairfan wrote:
I must have it wrong then because I thought there was going to be top 96 in order of merit then womens world WC finalists,u'21 wc finaslists etc then the remaining place were going to the Q school till the 128 was filled up. And then if the 128 did not enter for a players comp the remaining places would be offered for members to play for on a friday night to make the 128.

This is what has been talked about between players.

4.1 Entry to all Players Championship events staged in the UK is open only to Tour Card holders.

Tour Cards will be awarded to the following players:
Top 96 full PDPA members from the PDC Order of Merit (having competed in at least 10 events which are counted on the PDC Order of Merit during the preceding two years) as of Jan 4 2011.
4 x semi-finalists from the 2011 Lakeside Championship
2 x finalists from the 2011 PDC World Under-21 Championship
2 x finalists from the 2010 PDC World Women's Championship
16 x players who progress from 2011 Q School

In the event that any players from the above list choose not to take up their Tour Card by a deadline determined by the PDC, extra places will be allocated to players from the Q School.

As you can see there are just 120 cards with 8 spots left over for Friday night qualifiers.

I see Bradley got there first.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Oh right cheers for that boys, i must admit I never fully checked it out, I was told by someone it was 128, but this certain person I believe is no longer a PDPA member as of last few weeks.

Its good news there is still at least 8 places up for grabs each week for PDPA members on the friday night.

I believe the ladies WC runner up is going to accept the tour card. Wonder if the champ will and travel from USA each week.

I think the 2 U'21 players will already be in top 96.

Cant see all 4 from Lakeside taking it.

I wonder where the current list goes down to in the rankings then for the top 96 as some in the current 96 have not played 10 comps ( qualifiers from foreign countries for WC)
JFT97
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:Oh right cheers for that boys, i must admit I never fully checked it out, I was told by someone it was 128, but this certain person I believe is no longer a PDPA member as of last few weeks.

Its good news there is still at least 8 places up for grabs each week for PDPA members on the friday night.

I believe the ladies WC runner up is going to accept the tour card. Wonder if the champ will and travel from USA each week.

I think the 2 U'21 players will already be in top 96.

Cant see all 4 from Lakeside taking it.

I wonder where the current list goes down to in the rankings then for the top 96 as some in the current 96 have not played 10 comps ( qualifiers from foreign countries for WC)
There is a list on Darts Database somewhere called Tour Card Race, which shows the frontrunners and the number of events played in.
I'll find a link and add it on here:

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings.aspx

Change the drop-down to Tour Card Race.

Scotty Burnett won't qualify for one unless he does some travelling. So everyone as far as 103rd in the list will be offered one as it stands. This will change as players like William O'Connor (currently 103rd=) will get £4k in Dublin and rise up the table a bit.
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

cheers bradders, helpful as usual :WWWW:

But the dartsdatabase does not tally up with the PDC websites same ranking??

Anastasia is alot higher in one than the other.

I might just be thick
JFT97
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

On the pdpa site, private section, there is a spreadsheet with an up to date tour card race OOM section.
If you are still a member, or get Anna to use her registration and check it out.
Also says top 88 from the OOM wll be offered cards NOT 96!!!!
interesting
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Bag Carrier wrote:cheers bradders, helpful as usual :WWWW:

I might just be thick
Just checked on the pdpa site and it's in the pro tour section Tony and it does say Top 88 ,that are eligiable, will be offered!!!!
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Grubby wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:cheers bradders, helpful as usual :WWWW:

I might just be thick
Just checked on the pdpa site and it's in the pro tour section Tony and it does say Top 88 ,that are eligiable, will be offered!!!!

U up late boyo.

Jim's not down is he ??
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne