World Championship Qualifying Spots

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: World Championship Qualifying Spots

Post by Ginge »

foggs3355 wrote:last year it was top 3 from north amercia dpends of where part qualifers from

1 John Part Canada £5,700
2 Darin Young USA £5,100
3 Gary Mawson USA £1,950
4 Ken MacNeil Canada £1,925
It's only 2 this year. MacNeil won't be there. Part will probably be 32nd seed.
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Bradders wrote:
foggs3355 wrote:last year it was top 3 from north amercia dpends of where part qualifers from

2 Darin Young USA £5,100
3 Gary Mawson USA £1,950
the worst possible place he wants to be.

in years gone by maybe the worst tie Mr T would have wanted.
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Bradders wrote:

2 Darin Young USA £5,100
3 Gary Mawson USA £1,950

A few scenarios exist whereby Part won't be the 32nd seed. However they are not as easy as skipping a tournament (as per G.Anderson) and relies on unlikely outcomes at the WGP.
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Bradders wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:
Bradders wrote:

2 Darin Young USA £5,100
3 Gary Mawson USA £1,950

A few scenarios exist whereby Part won't be the 32nd seed. However they are not as easy as skipping a tournament (as per G.Anderson) and relies on unlikely outcomes at the WGP.
Its a pro game and skipping a tournie now is a finanacial decision which is open to the player and his/her management.

If i was in the game in the era of Taylor I would maximise my income with the importance of not playing him, and i would hope my advisors would direct me so.

All all you fuckers who think you have to play Taylor to be the best and beat Taylor at this sport are deluded. In a pro sport the obvious thing is to avoid him.

simples
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wasnt saying otherwise. Was saying that Part being the 32nd seed is very much out of his hands, unlike last year where Anderson controlled his own destiny n
Big Jock Knew
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
Additionally, the top four non-qualified players from the European Order of Merit will qualify and earn a place in the first round, alongside the leading player from the PDC's North American Order of Merit.
Would mean that there is only one NA OOM qualifier?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bram_1900 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but:
Additionally, the top four non-qualified players from the European Order of Merit will qualify and earn a place in the first round, alongside the leading player from the PDC's North American Order of Merit.
Would mean that there is only one NA OOM qualifier?
No, two. Read the list in the opening post again ;)
Big Jock Knew
ST87
Steady Sixties

Post by ST87 »

For those who miss out via the Players Championship Order of Merit there’s still another chance with the PDPA qualifiers in Derby – admittedly a slim one bearing in mind that only 1 spot is available.

While I think it’s a good thing that there are many countries involved in the PDC World Championship I can’t help but think that the tournament itself is too big.

Take the Preliminary Round as an example. Although I happen to think that the standard has got slightly better in recent years, the fact is that not one winner in the Prelims made it past the first round proper last year. From a purely sporting perspective it adds very little to what is supposed to be the elite competition in World darts.

I thought having 64 players maximum, like they had a few years ago, was fine.
Further details to be announced shortly.
thorntree
The Ton Club

Post by thorntree »

Does anyone know which countries are included in the "East", "South" and "West" Europe qualifiers?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

thorntree wrote:Does anyone know which countries are included in the "East", "South" and "West" Europe qualifiers?
There was a poster knocking round somewhere with details of the West one. You tried the PDC-Europe site?
Big Jock Knew
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

thorntree wrote:Does anyone know which countries are included in the "East", "South" and "West" Europe qualifiers?
Western Europe is Holland, Belgium, Spain, Gibraltar, France, Italy, Portugal and Andorra.

Luxembourg got dissed.
thorntree
The Ton Club

Post by thorntree »

armchairfan wrote:
Western Europe is Holland, Belgium, Spain, Gibraltar, France, Italy, Portugal and Andorra.

Luxembourg got dissed.
Thanks. That doesn't leave much for Southern Europe.
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

thorntree wrote:
armchairfan wrote:

Luxembourg got dissed.
Southern Europe is Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Serbia, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova.

This being held in Ptuj, Slovenia on the 6th of November.

Eastern Europe is Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belorus, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine and Austria.

This is being held in Eisenstadt, Austria on the 30th of October.

http://www.pdc-europe.net/index.php?opt ... 87&lang=de
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The PDC WC should be reduced to 48

Top 24 of the PDC order of Merit
Top 16 of players (Not involved in the top 24 of OOM)
6 Qualifers
2 Wildcard picks
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

armchairfan wrote:
thorntree wrote:
armchairfan wrote:

Luxembourg got dissed.
Southern Europe is Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzogovina, Serbia, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova.

This being held in Ptuj, Slovenia on the 6th of November.

Eastern Europe is Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belorus, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine and Austria.

This is being held in Eisenstadt, Austria on the 30th of October.

http://www.pdc-europe.net/index.php?opt ... 87&lang=de
Interesting that Russia isnt included in any of those zones, so I fully expect another Russian qualifier to be instigated.

Oche - hush. There was nowt wrong with the event when it had 64 entrants. 72 is slight overkill, though.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

bradders- Too many matches, its near overkill
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bradders wrote:
Oche - hush. There was nowt wrong with the event when it had 64 entrants. 72 is slight overkill, though.
Bradders it is against site policy to tell well respected members of this forum to hush, you can tell oche to hush but just not anyone else :tongue:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:bradders- Too many matches, its near overkill
They wouldnt do it if they couldnt sell tickets. They are doing, so it will continue. Your not forced to watch it.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

72 is fine......major opportunities for the PDPA members who pay their fees...32 plus 16 plus 1 ....49 full PDPA members...that's ample opportunity in reward for their membership
The rest spread around the world means that it is as close to a genuine WORLD championship as you are going to get.....if you want a World Championship then it has to be open to the World....like i said there are plenty of spots for the members as well so they are not missing out
One of the drawbacks about Lakeside these days is the lack of WORLD stars...it is basically a UK Championship which cannot be a good thing for a World Championship
You will never please everybody but the PDC field of 72 is currently just about right
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

the uk open is the best tournament because of the unpredictability of it. i would suggest scrapping the world championship and most of all the other tournaments that are on sky. Maybe keep 2 televised a year the newly named World open championship and the world matchplay. theres too much darts on tv and it could lead to an oversaturation of the product and a decline in interest. so Barry if you're listening this is my vision for world darts. it is the way forward.

Look forward to hearing from you

Doubles for Dough