Phil Taylor.......disrespectful without meaning to be??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
GtotheF
International

Re: Phil Taylor.......disrespectful without meaning to be??

Post by GtotheF »

I've said several times I think Taylor is a better loser than winner - if that makes sense.

When he gets beat, he hardly ever makes excuses and virtually always congratulates his conquerer.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

ericbristowlegend
Pub Champion

Post by ericbristowlegend »

i think phil just phil isnt he at this rate a funny bloke but not meaning to be all the time
How goes it?
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Adrian1969 wrote:I've said several times I think Taylor is a better loser than winner - if that makes sense.

When he gets beat, he hardly ever makes excuses and virtually always congratulates his conquerer.
I think the frightening thing about Taylor is that he actually sees losing as a positive thing for him to go and do something to improve his game further.

Taylor always seems to come back stronger after a surprise defeat. That's what makes him a true great.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:I've said several times I think Taylor is a better loser than winner - if that makes sense.

I think the frightening thing about Taylor is that he actually sees losing as a positive thing for him to go and do something to improve his game further.

Taylor always seems to come back stronger after a surprise defeat. That's what makes him a true great.
Not only that but it removes the fear of losing from his game which makes him extremely dangerous in high pressure situations. To me Taylor has mastered the mental side of the game.