Phil Taylor.......disrespectful without meaning to be??

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
OllyNufc180
County Player

Phil Taylor.......disrespectful without meaning to be??

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Hi all

I remember watching Taylors post match interview after he beat Simon Whitlock a few weeks back in the Premier league.......

In this interview i remember taylor referring to Whitlock as ' a great kid' .......now i am not having a dig at taylor as I think he seems one of the most genuine and canniest blokes you could meet, however as simon is 40 or so, calling him a kid could be seen as a little disrespectful dont you think??

Another thing.....I have seen Taylor hammer many players yet say after , or mention in a quiet word in hand shake that his opponent played well......while everyone must admit taylor is the best, and some players best wont even contest taylors average game, it is surely a strange for a player to be told they have played well despite getting a good hammering...........its not like phil says this after a win over a pub qualifier in the UK Open as he's said it to Adrian Lewis not long ago, despite hammering him.

Now, i hope people understand that i am not having a dig at phil i just noticed that these things could get some fans and players thinking, and whilst i am sure phil is not saying these things with any hurt or malice intended , they could come across a little patronising and direspectful.......(is patronising the right word :oops: :lol: ??)

Thanks for reading, and whats your opinion on this.....
slymaster
International

Re: Phil Taylor.......disrespectful without meaning to be??

Post by slymaster »

First of all I think he really respects Whitlock. Maybe even likes him.

I think thats his usual vocabulary. Cracking little player, over the moon etc...
Sure it can be classified as patronizing. I dont think he means it that way.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

slymaster wrote:First of all I think he really respects Whitlock. Maybe even likes him.

I think thats his usual vocabulary. Cracking little player, over the moon etc...

Pretty much agree with this. It's so easy to over analyise everything someone says in too much depth isn't it!
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

slymaster wrote:First of all I think he really respects Whitlock. Maybe even likes him.

100% agree, and your right about his usual vocab.....he uses it for everyone really , but some may find it disrespectful but like you and I say i dont think he means any of it in a bad way
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Taylor deffo rates Whitlock very highly.

Not sure on the head to head and I'm guessing Whitlock rarely beats him , but he usually gives the great man a decent battle.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Lee Taylor wrote:

Pretty much agree with this. It's so easy to over analyise everything someone says in too much depth isn't it!
i dont think i over analised taylor ........i mean come , if your were adrian lewis, and as you have just got mauled from taylor he says well played....he will know he didnt play well and it could easily be interpreted as cheeky by some
boozehound99
Brass Darts

Post by boozehound99 »

he said that manley played well after beating him at the players champ in the post match interview with manley stood next to him, the look on manleys face was priceless
I am a genius. I've just been to busy to show the world my powers.............
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Adrian1969 wrote:Taylor deffo rates Whitlock very highly.

Not sure on the head to head and I'm guessing Whitlock rarely beats him , but he usually gives the great man a decent battle.
Taylor 5-2 Whitlock

And at the moment his biggest challenger imo.
Taylor had to make his fine 125co. If not its 7-7.

Just recently watched the Worlds final again. It was a much, much closer call then the scoreline suggests.
Last edited by slymaster on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

boozehound99 wrote:he said that manley played well after beating him at the players champ in the post match interview with manley stood next to him, the look on manleys face was priceless
Thats was a good one. Manley really tried to keep it in. Couldnt.. :lol:
redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman »

I honestly believe Taylor tries too hard to sound gracious after handing out yet another good hiding, and this makes him look condascending.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

slymaster wrote:

Yep. With King not too far behind?
redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman »

Lee Taylor wrote:
slymaster wrote:

i would put king slightly ahead - he has that extra experience and seems to be the player who is least fazed by playing taylor - although his overall record against Phil isn't great (who's is!)

one thing is for sure for my money - if Taylor is going to be toppled in any events in the near future Whitlock and King are the most likely suspects.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

redman wrote:I honestly believe Taylor tries too hard to sound gracious after handing out yet another good hiding, and this makes him look condascending.
Yup. On the other hand what should he say after beating Lewis for the 26th time (19th in a row)?
Phrases -a convenient way out..

Imagine Bristows interview! :lol:
redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman »

slymaster wrote:
redman wrote:I honestly believe Taylor tries too hard to sound gracious after handing out yet another good hiding, and this makes him look condascending.
Yup. On the other hand what should he say after beating Lewis for the 26th time (19th in a row)?
Fair point - would be funny to hear him say "I own him and he will never climb out of my pocket!"
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

redman wrote:
slymaster wrote:
Fair point - would be funny to hear him say "I own him and he will never climb out of my pocket!"
Even Manley would like that. :lol:

He is coming and he owns nearly all of you (beside his 6% ownership of the PDC).
Last edited by slymaster on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

redman wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
slymaster wrote:

i would put king slightly ahead - he has that extra experience and seems to be the player who is least fazed by playing taylor - although his overall record against Phil isn't great (who's is!)

one thing is for sure for my money - if Taylor is going to be toppled in any events in the near future Whitlock and King are the most likely suspects.
Agree.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

I am not from the Anderson clique (nicest possible way, of course) but I am just saying - dont underestimate Mr. Anderson.
Last edited by slymaster on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

slymaster wrote:I am not from the Anderson clique but I am just saying - dont underestimate Mr. Anderson.

Absolutely. And Wade coming back into form too. Could be an interesting Summer ahead!
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Lee Taylor wrote:
slymaster wrote:I am not from the Anderson clique but I am just saying - dont underestimate Mr. Anderson.

Absolutely. And Wade coming back into form too. Could be an interesting Summer ahead!
Gutted that Barney is not Barney atm.
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

i think people from stoke are like mancs,they call everyone kid
whether they be 20 or 60
iv'e heard adie lewis say it a few times at the events to players older than him

when i worked in Sheffield they called people duck :)