PDC Russian Qualifier

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Rout
International

PDC Russian Qualifier

Post by Rout »

Hi!

I have heard from various sources, including a close friend of mine, that they are having nightmares finding out anything about the PDC Russian qualifier for Ally Pally. Apparently it was similar last year - with only people within the Moscow area permitted to enter.

I know we have some great contacts on here. Sonofsam is clearly a man in the know with all things PDC, Ana's other half, or anyone else? Can you help? Russia is a fairly big place. . . . . is this tournament being properly advertised and is the entry to this tournament as open as you would expect?

Planet darts (when you think of the name "planet" should really be giving full details on the international qualifiers should it not? Its a website available globally, and nothing can be found on either there or PDC Europe sites.

The more cynical might look at these supposed international qualifiers as a means to get certain players into the WCs, but I am sure that cannot be the case, its great the PDC is looking to globalise the sport, but lets make sure its open to all!

Perhaps some can shed some light on whats happening with the Russian qualifier? Everyone seems in the dark about when and where its happening and how to toddle on down!

Thanks!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
WCDPA
International

Re: PDC Russian Qualifier

Post by WCDPA »

Routy cynical as usual! Spud posted it's been known about for some while!
I've heard there's as much info on venue as the ladies super series from idpa
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

It was at the weekend was it not. I remember Ana saying something about it on Twitter a few weeks ago.
Ginge
International

PDC Russian Qualifier

Post by Ginge »

mod500 wrote:It was at the weekend was it not. I remember Ana saying something about it on Twitter a few weeks ago.
No, it's this weekend.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Cheers Bradders, I dont know what I would do without you. There is a list of entries on DDB but I,m not sure if its a guess or the actual list. I see Irina Armstrong is scheduled to play in it to according to that list.
Ginge
International

PDC Russian Qualifier

Post by Ginge »

mod500 wrote:Cheers Bradders, I dont know what I would do without you. There is a list of entries on DDB but I,m not sure if its a guess or the actual list. I see Irina Armstrong is scheduled to play in it to according to that list.
The Chinese one is this weekend as well. Only 3 spots left to fill.
Big Jock Knew
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

mod500 wrote:Cheers Bradders, I dont know what I would do without you. There is a list of entries on DDB but I,m not sure if its a guess or the actual list. I see Irina Armstrong is scheduled to play in it to according to that list.

where is this list exactly? She hasnt entered so its a great surprise to her.
Image ImageImage Image
Guacks
Steady Sixties

Post by Guacks »

It hardly says she's scheduled to play in it, it just says possible.

I'm guessing she's one of the few Russians who have played in a PDC tour event this year and the assumption has been made that she might enter the qualifier.
Insiderinfo
Brass Darts

Post by Insiderinfo »

Maybe the appearance of certain players at the World Champs would enable the sport to be grown in Russia at a quicker rate , and wildcard invitations would be extremely upsetting for the fragile little souls in Darts to take, so a genuine 16 player qualifier featuring a number of quality players including last years qualifier Roman Konchikov , seems fair .
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Bradders wrote:
The Chinese one is this weekend as well. Only 3 spots left to fill.

Within 5 minutes of those spots being filled . You'll need another 3 :D
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Insiderinfo wrote:Maybe the appearance of certain players at the World Champs would enable the sport to be grown in Russia at a quicker rate , and wildcard invitations would be extremely upsetting for the fragile little souls in Darts to take, so a genuine 16 player qualifier featuring a number of quality players including last years qualifier Roman Konchikov , seems fair .
So what you are saying is that this is a way round giving wildcards?

How do you decide these 16 players then, other than the obvious 2?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer »

Rout wrote:Hi!

I have heard from various sources
Which ones?
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Guacks wrote:It hardly says she's scheduled to play in it, it just says possible.

I'm guessing she's one of the few Russians who have played in a PDC tour event this year and the assumption has been made that she might enter the qualifier.
Where does it say this though because I cant find it
Image ImageImage Image
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Insiderinfo wrote:Maybe the appearance of certain players at the World Champs would enable the sport to be grown in Russia at a quicker rate , and wildcard invitations would be extremely upsetting for the fragile little souls in Darts to take, so a genuine 16 player qualifier featuring a number of quality players including last years qualifier Roman Konchikov , seems fair .

According to a Russian website/forum darts is not growing at all in Russia, its dying and this is from the man who organised the qualifier last year. They can only view pdc darts on our friends justintv and once a year they get to see one or 2 matches on eurosport from lakeside if they are lucky.
Image ImageImage Image
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

does anyone know where this is being held then? or who is taking part exactly?

any links would be appreciated
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Bound to be a good turn out ! I wonder who us responsible for advertising it! If Avalon can't find it who has a world class dart playing wife who comes from Russia! Seems quite bizarre!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:does anyone know where this is being held then? or who is taking part exactly?

any links would be appreciated
I think its in the Russia city of Tver, sure I have seen that somewhere.

As for what time, entries etc, God only knows.
Big Jock Knew
Guacks
Steady Sixties

Post by Guacks »

avalon wrote:
Guacks wrote:It hardly says she's scheduled to play in it, it just says possible.

Towards the bottom of here ...

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Qualifyi ... ntKey=2334
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Guacks wrote:
avalon wrote:

Towards the bottom of here ...

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Qualifyi ... ntKey=2334
Those arent the official entries, those are just Thorntrees guesses. You wont see Irina Armstrong anywhere near it!

You might as well have Vladimir Putin and Andrei Arshavin on the list, in truth. I havent seen an OFFICIAL entry list anywhere.
Big Jock Knew
Guacks
Steady Sixties

Post by Guacks »

I know they're not the official entries, as I've said earlier.

I can't recall seeing the official list at any point last year before the qualifier.