Lewis v Adams

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
skudlooking
The Ton Club

Re: Lewis v Adams

Post by skudlooking »

adams could have played if he wanted it was hardly a life or death situation adams chose to chicken out
TWITTER @skudlooking
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Bradders wrote:
Paddy, there was nothing, absolutely nothing stopping Martin getting on a plane to Inverness. Of course he had "a choice", but if he went against the powers that be, no doubt his life would have been made difficult.

Unless you are suggesting the IDPA would have inprisoned him? That is the only way they could 100% stop him doing the exbo.
Bradders, this is utter tosh. You've got to wonder if 1200 quid is worth all the hassle - answer: it is not.
The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer »

skudlooking wrote:adams could have played if he wanted it was hardly a life or death situation adams chose to chicken out
No, he chose to listen to the advice of people who stopped him from earning a decent payday.

I wonder whether MF would have done that if he was offered the gig to MC? 8-)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
That's right, if you knew the full story you would know that he had no option.
Of course he had an "option", but no doubt it would have led to a repercussion. Stripping of England captaincy perhaps?
Bradders you don't know anything about this incident, all you do is surmise the facts, all I can tell you is he had no choice, so please don't blame Martin for this. Try and think logically, he he had no intention of playing initially why on earth did he agree to the match.

Paddy
Paddy, there was nothing, absolutely nothing stopping Martin getting on a plane to Inverness. Of course he had "a choice", but if he went against the powers that be, no doubt his life would have been made difficult.

Unless you are suggesting the IDPA would have inprisoned him? That is the only way they could 100% stop him doing the exbo.
Yes there was something that stopped him getting on that plane, and he had no real choice to make, it was a no brainer so to speak. Unless you know the full story it would be better if you kept your mouth shut, or else you might be accused of once again spreading unsubstantiated rumours, go and play with your mate Justin, ffs.

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Yes there was something that stopped him getting on that plane, and he had no real choice to make, it was a no brainer so to speak. Unless you know the full story it would be better if you kept your mouth shut, or else you might be accused of once again spreading unsubstantiated rumours, go and play with your mate Justin, ffs.

Paddy
Go on then, lets deal in facts and you tell the world what physically stopped Adams going against the wishes of the IDPA and boarding a plane.
Big Jock Knew
noddy69
Superleague Player

Post by noddy69 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
That's right, if you knew the full story you would know that he had no option.
Of course he had an "option", but no doubt it would have led to a repercussion. Stripping of England captaincy perhaps?
Bradders you don't know anything about this incident, all you do is surmise the facts, all I can tell you is he had no choice, so please don't blame Martin for this. Try and think logically, he he had no intention of playing initially why on earth did he agree to the match.

Paddy

Paddy
If it was politics that got in the way would you not agree that it was a shame and there was no need to get in the way of what would have been a great night of darts and was after all only an exbo so absolutly no need.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

noddy69 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote: Of course he had an "option", but no doubt it would have led to a repercussion. Stripping of England captaincy perhaps?

Paddy

Paddy
If it was politics that got in the way would you not agree that it was a shame and there was no need to get in the way of what would have been a great night of darts and was after all only an exbo so absolutly no need.
If it was politics then yes, I would have to agree with you.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy
Go on then, lets deal in facts and you tell the world what physically stopped Adams going against the wishes of the IDPA and boarding a plane.
Unlike you blabber mouth, I can keep things that have been told me in confidence, if you knew the truth you would only use it to stir up yet more trouble, if you needed to know you would have been told.

Paddy
So I take it you dont know then. Fair enough.
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy
Unlike you blabber mouth, I can keep things that have been told me in confidence, if you knew the truth you would only use it to stir up yet more trouble, if you needed to know you would have been told.

Paddy
So I take it you dont know then. Fair enough.
As far as you're concerned you might as well take it that I don't know, correct.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Actually, I think I may know what it is. There was a rumour somewhere else about something going off in Adams personal life, perhaps it was that.
Big Jock Knew
noddy69
Superleague Player

Post by noddy69 »

I only got details from here but what I took from it was that ma and one other pulled out ted and big john stood in and there was someone on to ask john not to play,now that to me and to many others would look like politics getting in the way of darts.Now granted thats all from here but again it looks that way and again goes to tarnish one persons image,unfairly maybe but if it was political in my eyes its doing ma no favours.
chris dyke
Brass Darts

Post by chris dyke »

back to the thread with lewis scoring power i think he will beat adams without any major problems
mozzamoloney
Brass Darts

Post by mozzamoloney »

what happened to the modern darts fan who would watch any game of arrows. the comments on here are borderline ridiculous. lets see if the match happens and lets see how adams does instead of shooting him and the bdo down, i am not pro bdo nor pro pdc, i have favs in both code and a merger would be the best thing to happen in the game for me, but if that happened what the hell would some of you have to criticize.
:CDDD:
noddy69
Superleague Player

Post by noddy69 »

mozzamoloney wrote:what happened to the modern darts fan who would watch any game of arrows. the comments on here are borderline ridiculous. lets see if the match happens and lets see how adams does instead of shooting him and the bdo down, i am not pro bdo nor pro pdc, i have favs in both code and a merger would be the best thing to happen in the game for me, but if that happened what the hell would some of you have to criticize.
:CDDD:
I dont think there is anyone on here who wouldnt want one body looking after darts,one world champion etc Im also a darts fan,granted I prefer watching the pdc as I think the standard across the board is higher and the coverage better but ill watch any darts when i can find it on. In fairness theres nothing wrong on a forum with being critical if you see something to critisize or you feel is worth it..it would become very boring if everyone just agreed all the time.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Lets hope that Mardle finds his way back to form.
Tony O'Shea vs Wayne Mardle could be a good one.
Deller will "once again" destroy Eric.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

So Martin Adams is allowed to play the PDC champion when it's somebody he might be able to beat...
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
skudlooking
The Ton Club

Post by skudlooking »

and the Iron Fist wrote:So Martin Adams is allowed to play the PDC champion when it's somebody he might be able to beat...
correct and i dont think he can beat him
TWITTER @skudlooking
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

skudlooking wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:So Martin Adams is allowed to play the PDC champion when it's somebody he might be able to beat...
correct and i dont think he can beat him

I would say he might beat Lewis 3 times out of 10 in a proffesional surrounding. In an exbo with Lewis pissed then the odds are better.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

all i can say is keith deller will be loving all the press this is getting 9 months b4 the show cant fault ya keith lol
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

The Fixer wrote:
skudlooking wrote:adams could have played if he wanted it was hardly a life or death situation adams chose to chicken out
No, he chose to listen to the advice of people who stopped him from earning a decent payday.

I wonder whether MF would have done that if he was offered the gig to MC? 8-)
nobody but the bdo would hire fatz......