Lewis v Adams

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Lewis v Adams

Post by nikkiboy »

Justin Credible wrote:
The Fixer wrote:
skudlooking wrote:adams could have played if he wanted it was hardly a life or death situation adams chose to chicken out
No, he chose to listen to the advice of people who stopped him from earning a decent payday.

I wonder whether MF would have done that if he was offered the gig to MC? 8-)
nobody but the bdo would hire fatz......
incorrect he gets most of his work in Europe because of his Lakeside gig, whatever you think personally of the guy he is a well known face and voice of darts and events benefit from having him as MC imo (providing they turn the coverage off when he's doing his joke stint)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

Skewball wrote:can't get excited over an exhibition match to be honest. I never even watched the Fordham Taylor match and the Barney Taylor one was weird - with its odd format.

I don't think it will be televised - I suspect thats why it's been so easy to get organised and agreed. It will go well under the radar with PDC and BDO probably distancing themselves from it.
listen it cant be televised as all PDC players can only play on english TV under the PDC banner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

MDA wrote:
Skewball wrote:can't get excited over an exhibition match to be honest. I never even watched the Fordham Taylor match and the Barney Taylor one was weird - with its odd format.

I don't think it will be televised - I suspect thats why it's been so easy to get organised and agreed. It will go well under the radar with PDC and BDO probably distancing themselves from it.
listen it cant be televised as all PDC players can only play on english TV under the PDC banner
or with the PDCs permission
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

nikkiboy wrote:
MDA wrote:

or with the PDCs permission
which they will not give having tried to get it myself once b4 it will be a good night though no doubt
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

Murphio wrote:
gashalasha7 wrote:Yes there is.

Go to http://www.circustavernnightclub.com/

then move the mouse to the bottom of the page, you will see white arrows you can click, it is number 3/10 'Darts final'
My apologies, you are absolutely right. Adams is going to have his arse handed to him on a plate. :darts
load of tripe
TheSportsDean
Pub Champion

Post by TheSportsDean »

davcol wrote:
Murphio wrote:

then move the mouse to the bottom of the page, you will see white arrows you can click, it is number 3/10 'Darts final'
My apologies, you are absolutely right. Adams is going to have his arse handed to him on a plate. :darts
load of tripe
Adams is a very very high calibre player. This year possibly he showed signs of fatigue during the Lakeside and due to this I'm not certain that he would compete week in week out for titles in the PDC (I still think he's a top 10 player), but in a one off game, he's definitely good enough to give Lewis a real run for his money. The PDC has a much tougher field, and for me their champion is more worthy of the tag of World Champion but take nothing away from Adams, he's a quality player in a field lacking quality in depth.

I look forward to this, I'll certainly be looking to get along.
I use Twitter, occasionally.... https://twitter.com/TheSportsDean

I also blog occasionally... http://thesportsdean.blogspot.co.uk/
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

and the Iron Fist wrote:A little early to be advetising this.... didn't Lewis already kick Adams arse in an exbo last year?
If he can play Lewis in an exbo then why not taylor? Hmmm
Because Taylor would likely have slaughtered Adams, as opposed to Lewis just giving him a mini lesson in the game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

davcol wrote:
Murphio wrote:

load of tripe
If you say so.
Luke SkyChalker
Steady Sixties

Post by Luke SkyChalker »

The place would be rammed and the atmosphere would be electric if this went ahead.
There is a possibility that the crowd could be quite partisan and loyalties split into two camps.

The match up I would dearly love to see would be between Blabbers/Braggers/Bradders v Paddy M chucking their chips and sausages at each other across the tables.

Oh please let it happen, Fightclub!!!!!!! :HHHNH:
A Legend in my own Spare Bedroom
Ginge
International

Lewis v Adams

Post by Ginge »

Luke SkyChalker wrote:The place would be rammed and the atmosphere would be electric if this went ahead.
There is a possibility that the crowd could be quite partisan and loyalties split into two camps.

The match up I would dearly love to see would be between Blabbers/Braggers/Bradders v Paddy M chucking their chips and sausages at each other across the tables.

I'm off the chips at the mo. Salad, perhaps.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Luke SkyChalker wrote:
The place would be rammed and the atmosphere would be electric if this went ahead.

You don't win friends with salad.
Red Robbo
The Ton Club

Post by Red Robbo »

Love him or hate him (or are just plain indifferent) this thread illustrates Adams' stature / profile in the game. The sheer size of it.

Compare this to Webster against Part in the GSOD which was actually a competitve game of darts and I remember it barely raised a whimper out of people!

For the record I think it will be a very close game. Toss of a coin. Adams rarely crumbles these days and although Lewis has higher highs these are likely to be balanced out with the lower lows to a point similar to flatlining Adams.

For the first and only time I wish I lived in the Essex area to go and see it!
Luke SkyChalker
Steady Sixties

Post by Luke SkyChalker »

Bradders wrote:
Luke SkyChalker wrote:The place would be rammed and the atmosphere would be electric if this went ahead.

Chips are made from potatoes, potatoes are classed as veg, veg is a staple component of salad.
Did you go to school???
Anyway, how about tossing really hard spuds at each other, the Irishman would be enraged about the abuse and waste of his beloved national crop.
A Legend in my own Spare Bedroom
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

and the Iron Fist wrote:So Martin Adams is allowed to play the PDC champion when it's somebody he might be able to beat...
Things have changed a little since the last incident, he will have no problem this time. Times change things move on, even for the BDO.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Red Robbo wrote:Love him or hate him (or are just plain indifferent) this thread illustrates Adams' stature / profile in the game. The sheer size of it.

Compare this to Webster against Part in the GSOD which was actually a competitve game of darts and I remember it barely raised a whimper out of people!

For the record I think it will be a very close game. Toss of a coin. Adams rarely crumbles these days and although Lewis has higher highs these are likely to be balanced out with the lower lows to a point similar to flatlining Adams.

Old Wolfie doesnt have a great record against the top players.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

mancdart wrote:
Red Robbo wrote:Love him or hate him (or are just plain indifferent) this thread illustrates Adams' stature / profile in the game. The sheer size of it.

In exhibition it's not bad.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
mancdart wrote:

Best of 5 legs? Yeah,Wolfie shows him how its done. :DDD:

Adams cant cut it against the top players. Do you remember his games against Barney?
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:So Martin Adams is allowed to play the PDC champion when it's somebody he might be able to beat...
Things have changed a little since the last incident, he will have no problem this time. Times change things move on, even for the BDO.

They have indeed... Phil Taylor no longer being PDC champ being the significant one.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

mancdart wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
mancdart wrote:

Best of 5 legs? Yeah,Wolfie shows him how its done. :DDD:

Adams cant cut it against the top players. Do you remember his games against Barney?
when barney completely owned him
Dazman
Superleague Player

Post by Dazman »

On SkyBet's homepage, it says 9/4 for Lewis to beat Adams. I don't know about anyone else but I will be having some of that.
SoD World Matchplay champion 2008
SoD World Matchplay co-champion 2009
TSoD World Grand Prix runner-up 2010
TSoD World Championships champion 2011
TSoD UK Open Regional (Wigan) champion 2011
TSoD Premier League Week 12 champion 2011
TSoD Premier League joint runner-up 2011
TSoD World Grand Prix third place 2011
Darts Betting News Grand Slam of Darts champion 2011
TSoD Players Championship Finals co-champion 2011

Twitter - @Dazman5
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk