Steady Sixties

Least Favourite Player

Post by Beast »

Who is your least favourite player?
Mr Glass
County Player

Re: Least Favourite Player

Post by Mr Glass »

At the moment. Ross Montgomery. (But I tend to change my mind on this one).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
Dave33
Pub Champion

Post by Dave33 »

Can't say that I particularly dislike any particular player really , when there's darts on Tv I will watch and would not turn it off because a particular person is playing.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Denis Ovens. Just bores me when watching.

Imagine watching that whilst on a cliff top listening to Everybody Hurts. . . YOU'D JUMP

Never met the bloke and only going on what comes across on tv.
Thinking of one.
lukethespook
Brass Darts

Post by lukethespook »

Dennis ovens also .. bit boring
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:At the moment. Ross Montgomery. (But I tend to change my mind on this one).
Snap!

Speak to me elsewhere for full explanation. I don't want to be the first person to get banned from this place. Robot/Fluff deserves that accolade :D
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Not sure this is a very "nice" thread if I'm honest, especially as lots of pro players and people connected with them are starting to post on here. Just my opinion though guys!
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Non of them tbh, i understand the personal sacrifice that goes into trying to be a decent darts player, and the effort and cash that goes along with it, they all deserve the respect.
Beast
Steady Sixties

Post by Beast »

Sorry then. I created this thread yesterday, a little while after I joined. Didn't realise the forum would grow so rapidly, delete if neccessary.

Beast.
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Lee Taylor wrote:Not sure this is a very "nice" thread if I'm honest, especially as lots of pro players and people connected with them are starting to post on here. Just my opinion though guys!
i know I posted on this thread, but gotta say I do agree with you Lee. These are the sort of threads that can easily get out of hand and become offensive instead of just a bit of fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot »

Bradders wrote:
BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:At the moment. Ross Montgomery. (But I tend to change my mind on this one).
Snap!

Speak to me elsewhere for full explanation. I don't want to be the first person to get banned from this place. Robot/Fluff deserves that accolade :D

Not sure what you are on about Bradders but I think you've got me mistaken with someone else - whats this fluff business?
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

not taking advantage of your new found freedom then lads.
brainwashed perhaps
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

doubles for dough wrote:not taking advantage of your new found freedom then lads.
brainwashed perhaps
One of those tricky balancing acts.

This type of thread is an interesting one and I will raise with my esteemed colleagues.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

doubles for dough wrote:not taking advantage of your new found freedom then lads.
brainwashed perhaps
hehe - even if the moderation is less severe, I think most people want respect for all players - I know I'm not comfortable with this thread - I know it wasn't posted to be nasty, just a balance of another 'who is your favourite player' - but it still could turn into a slanging match, and if a player mentioned reads a criticism, or a member of his family, what would it do for their confidence? And other players might feel that if it's player x today, it could be them tomorrow. Not that we're carrying pitchforks I know ;) It's just that there's no real need to say who you don't like - or especially WHY is there?

ramble over.
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

give peace a chance, kum ba ya and all that jazz
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Don't really see any need for this thread and its exactly the type of thing which is going to dissuade pros from joining.
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Murphio wrote:Don't really see any need for this thread and its exactly the type of thing which is going to dissuade pros from joining.
that's what Andy used to say :roll:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

jointer wrote:
Murphio wrote:Don't really see any need for this thread and its exactly the type of thing which is going to dissuade pros from joining.
Who? :D
Big Jock Knew
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

jointer wrote:
Do you think he had a point in fairness? I remember Wayne Mardle chucking it after getting some unnecessary criticism as to how pish he was and how he didn't deserve a Premier League place. I realise its a balancing act but I dont see what a thread designed solely to run folk down brings to the forum. If you were Denis Ovens, for example, would you feel like signing up?
Just my opinion.
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Murphio wrote:
jointer wrote:
Do you think he had a point in fairness? I remember Wayne Mardle chucking it after getting some unnecessary criticism as to how pish he was and how he didn't deserve a Premier League place. I realise its a balancing act but I dont see what a thread designed solely to run folk down brings to the forum. If you were Denis Ovens, for example, would you feel like signing up?
Just my opinion.
he had a point yes
but his protection of them got a bit silly in the end
making people priority over the rest who in the main keep the board going isn't the way to go imo
i know for a fact it peed a lot of people off

i think this thread is more of who you least like watching
don't think anyone would be offended by that,unless there really sensative souls ;)
Last edited by jointer on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.