Murphio
International

Re: Least Favourite Player

Post by Murphio »

jointer wrote: he had a point yes
but his protection of them got a bit silly in the end
making certain people priority over the rest who kept the board going
everyone should be equal imo
Agree totally mate - but I suspect this thread was posted to test the water in regards to slagging people off with impunity.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Murphio wrote:
jointer wrote:
Murphio wrote:Don't really see any need for this thread and its exactly the type of thing which is going to dissuade pros from joining.
that's what Andy used to say :roll:
Do you think he had a point in fairness? I remember Wayne Mardle chucking it after getting some unnecessary criticism as to how pish he was and how he didn't deserve a Premier League place. I realise its a balancing act but I dont see what a thread designed solely to run folk down brings to the forum. If you were Denis Ovens, for example, would you feel like signing up?
Just my opinion.
I see where you are coming from murphio but the denis ovens comment wasn't personal just didn't enjoy his style of play that's all. I don.t want things to get personal.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

spaceman70 wrote:I see where you are coming from murphio but the denis ovens comment wasn't personal just didn't enjoy his style of play that's all. I don.t want things to get personal.
Your call bud ;)
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

MR F would rather wayne mardle stayed and risk losing loads of good posters just so he could tell everyone that he posted on his forum !
he lost all interest in the bread and butter posters imo and got obsessed with keeping posters like ted happy,who hardly ever posted anything in the first place
as long as nothing personal is posted then i don't see the problem
Last edited by jointer on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

jointer wrote:MR F would rather wayne mardle stayed and risk losing loads of good posters just so he could tell everyone that he posted on his forum !

Are you at Robins Park next weekend? We should have a pint, sounds like we have a mutual hatred :D
Big Jock Knew
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Bradders wrote:
jointer wrote:MR F would rather wayne mardle stayed and risk losing loads of good posters just so he could tell everyone that he posted on his forum !

Are you at Robins Park next weekend? We should have a pint, sounds like we have a mutual hatred :D
i don't hate him mate,i don't hate anybody
just didn't like the way he ran the forum
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

jointer wrote:
Bradders wrote:

i don't hate him mate,i don't hate anybody
just didn't like the way he ran the forum
Yes, thats what I meant.
Big Jock Knew
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

people who post rude or personal insults towards players are just out to cause a stir and have never even met the player or players in question,they make an opinion of how they see a player on TV
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

jointer wrote:people who post rude or personal insults towards players are just out to cause a stir and have never even met the player or players in question,they make an opinion of how they see a player on TV
It's about the banter and getting the balance right.

Got to admit I did used to enjoy you winding Davie Hanson up about Gary Anderson.

Fair do's to Davie though he virtually always took it in good spirits.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

When can we expect the Anderson Mafia to join up? :D :D
Big Jock Knew
jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

Adrian1969 wrote:
jointer wrote:people who post rude or personal insults towards players are just out to cause a stir and have never even met the player or players in question,they make an opinion of how they see a player on TV

Got to admit I did used to enjoy you winding Davie Hanson up about Gary Anderson.

yep Davie took all that in the way it was intended.i think everyone had the crack with that one :D
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

jointer wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

yep Davie took all that in the way it was intended.i think everyone had the crack with that one :D

He did to be fair.

But you could have opened a thread about the weather then and GA name would appear in it.

Davie's denials were legendary :P

ww
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Everybody has favourite players and players that they dislike. I'm no exception there are a few players that I will travel hundreds of miles to see play and will think twice about others doing a free exhibition in my local.

But I would never name those players as to me it serves no purpose.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Stubby wrote:Everybody has favourite players and players that they dislike. I'm no exception there are a few players that I will travel hundreds of miles to see play and will think twice about others doing a free exhibition in my local.

But I would never name those players as to me it serves no purpose.
I've always felt this.

There are two or three who I can't stand but just don't see the point in naming them - like they would give a s*** what I think. :lol: :lol:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

jointer
Pub Champion

Post by jointer »

my least favorite player is myself

i always punch myself in the face when i miss a double
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

I said Denis Ovens 1st, I thought I made it clear that it was not personal and just the way he came across on tv. I never really thought abut it being wrong to name my least favourite player, I dont think I slagged him of and most sensible people would realise that this is banter. Lets not get to PC. I have never met Denis so cant judge his character just the image that tv presents.

If any of Denis's family/friends read this and are/were offended I am sorry it was never meant like that.
Thinking of one.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Carl cavell wrote:I said Denis Ovens 1st, I thought I made it clear that it was not personal and just the way he came across on tv. I never really thought abut it being wrong to name my least favourite player, I dont think I slagged him of and most sensible people would realise that this is banter. Lets not get to PC. I have never met Denis so cant judge his character just the image that tv presents.

If any of Denis's family/friends read this and are/were offended I am sorry it was never meant like that.
Nobody is getting too PC bud, but don't forget this is early days for us and we're trying to find our feet.

We don't want come across as too heavy it's all about getting the right balance.