UK Open Solihull Qualifier

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Thirdtimelucky
Brass Darts

UK Open Solihull Qualifier

Post by Thirdtimelucky »

Just thought I'd let you all know that the latest qualifier for Bolton is Simon Jones. Simon lives in Brum now but is originally from the IOM, hence his nickname The Manxman, He is a quality player who could do some damage at Bolton. Another interesting fact is that he's never played Super League or County level. I'm even more chuffed as he's a league team mate of mine. So you heard it here first, watch out for the Manxman at Bolton
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: UK Open Solihull Qualifier

Post by Lee Taylor »

Good to hear a genuine "pub qualifier" has made ith through to Bolton.

Will remember his name.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Best of luck Simon, enjoy the experience.
markveg
Brass Darts

Post by markveg »

A manxman into the UK open!! I can't say I heard of this guy, anyone got anymore info?
Thirdtimelucky
Brass Darts

Post by Thirdtimelucky »

markveg wrote:A manxman into the UK open!! I can't say I heard of this guy, anyone got anymore info?
Mark, he left the IOM to go and live in Portugal but he moved back to the UK. He now lives in Birmingham as his wife is a Brummie. He played in the IOM open this year and was booked to go home for the TT in June but is now cancelling for Bolton. He has only started playing again for around 8 or 9 months but has won several opens around Brum.
markveg
Brass Darts

Post by markveg »

Well good luck to him, hope he does well. I'll ask a few of the lads over here if any of them remember him.