The player sponsorship scheme... BDO players.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: The player sponsorship scheme... BDO players.

Post by nikkiboy »

spaceman70 wrote:Absolutely Nick. For the record I was also in favour of leaving it open to BDO players. I administer the scheme but went with the majority as well, which is something i will continue to do.
Absolutely and I remember our discussions and the luke warm response when it was proposed at the time
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

How about this for a solution - we include BDO players should they agree to do the PDC Tour. We all know the future of top level darts is in the PDC - so it would be an added incentive for someone like Dave Chisnel or Scott Waites to switch knowing they have sponsorship secured.

(lights blue touch paper and stands back).
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Murphio wrote:How about this for a solution - we include BDO players should they agree to do the PDC Tour. We all know the future of top level darts is in the PDC - so it would be an added incentive for someone like Dave Chisnel or Scott Waites to switch knowing they have sponsorship secured.

That was actually what was agreed in the end, hence Tony Martin (BDO) was put forward at the same time as Grubby because he offered to switch if he won
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Murphio wrote:How about this for a solution - we????? include BDO players should they agree to do the PDC Tour. We all know the future of top level darts is in the PDC - so it would be an added incentive for someone like Dave Chisnel or Scott Waites to switch knowing they have sponsorship secured.

have you given me £25 i don.t know about murphio? ;-)
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

spaceman70 wrote:
Murphio wrote:How about this for a solution - we????? include BDO players should they agree to do the PDC Tour. We all know the future of top level darts is in the PDC - so it would be an added incentive for someone like Dave Chisnel or Scott Waites to switch knowing they have sponsorship secured.

Sorry mate, I was just doing a wee but of shiit stirring lol! Turns out there was no need. :twisted: :banghead:
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Murphio wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:

Sorry mate, I was just doing a wee but of shiit stirring lol! Turns out there was no need. :twisted: :banghead:
We don't mind a bit of shit stirring here :-) as long as it.s valid shit stirring ;-)
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

As I remember alot of people donated because they wanted to follow a player on the PDC. I think given that we have £2.5 of peoples money then its dangerous to change the rules now. Dave made it clear umpteen times on SoD what the rules were.

However of course, the futures bright, and it might be Maroon :shock: :shock: ,
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Skewball wrote:As I remember alot of people donated because they wanted to follow a player on the PDC. I think given that we have £2.5 of peoples money then its dangerous to change the rules now. Dave made it clear umpteen times on SoD what the rules were.

As was said earlier, and i dont mean this in a bad way, we aint on SoD anymore. (thank god) But i understand what your saying, rules are in place, but, at the next chance to change them rules i think it shud be looked into, people dont have to vote for a BDO player if they dont want to.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Dicie wrote:
Skewball wrote:As I remember alot of people donated because they wanted to follow a player on the PDC. I think given that we have £2.5 of peoples money then its dangerous to change the rules now. Dave made it clear umpteen times on SoD what the rules were.

As was said earlier, and i dont mean this in a bad way, we aint on SoD anymore. (thank god) But i understand what your saying, rules are in place, but, at the next chance to change them rules i think it shud be looked into, people dont have to vote for a BDO player if they dont want to.
Our sponsorship rules will continue to evolve. However we must respect for now the spirit in which they were given. That was clear on our old forum.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dicie wrote:

You seem very passionate about this.

Do you have anyone in mind?
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Bradders wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Do you have anyone in mind?
I think its Ross " The Boss"

Bradders :D

ww
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww

Controversial! :WWWW:
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww

Controversial! :WWWW:
Did you play at Grubbys today lee ?

ww
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww
I'm sure he has a sufficient revneue stream already. Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?
Big Jock Knew
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww
Hi Wayne.

No, I've not really played much since the Winter season finished (about a month ago) been really busy with work etc.

But back on the practice board this week, as the Summer season starts for us this Thursday.

Chris (Allen) won the comp today I think.

Lee.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

However of course, the futures bright, and it might be Maroon :shock: :shock: ,[/quote]

As was said earlier, and i dont mean this in a bad way, we aint on SoD anymore. (thank god) But i understand what your saying, rules are in place, but, at the next chance to change them rules i think it shud be looked into, people dont have to vote for a BDO player if they dont want to.[/quote]

Do you have anyone in mind?[/quote]

A few have caught my eye lately, with there super league averages, and county performances.. Wayne Warren wud be 1. Couple of young players, like Jamie Lewis, or the young kid that just made the german open final.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww
Hi Wayne.

No, I've not really played much since the Winter season finished (about a month ago) been really busy with work etc.

But back on the practice board this week, as the Summer season starts for us this Thursday.

Lee.

I think your playing us this week Lee?!

I bet youd rather draw me than Chris Allen :lol: :lol:
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Skewball wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

ww
Hi Wayne.

Lee.

I think your playing us this week Lee?!

I bet youd rather draw me than Chris Allen :lol: :lol:

Not really thrown a dart for six weeks Greg, so it won't really matter who I play mate!
Dave33
Pub Champion

Post by Dave33 »

IMHO the money which we have collected this time round should go to player on the Pro tour it's too late to change things now , for the next one if we want to throw it open to "all" players then so be it and the people who pay into the fund can vote for who they wish.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Dave33 wrote:IMHO the money which we have collected this time round should go to player on the Pro tour it's too late to change things now , for the next one if we want to throw it open to "all" players then so be it and the people who pay into the fund can vote for who they wish.
Good summary. you have said what we have been trying to say for hours :D :D