UK Open Wolverhampton Qualifier

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dazman
Superleague Player

UK Open Wolverhampton Qualifier

Post by Dazman »

Anyone know who qualified from the two qualifiers at Wolverhampton?

I played in the midday one. I lost 3-0 in the opening round to a player called Jason Lowe (think it's the same Jason Lowe who played in PDC in 2006). I only usually play local 301 league so he was easily the best player I have played before, produced legs of 16, 18 and 20 darts, but I did give him a game in the last leg!

I opened the opening leg with scores of 24, 12 and 30! lol and he was already on about 180-200 - the scoreboard didn't look good, espeically with Russ Bray and quite a few others looking on! lol but then hit 85 and 125 so at least it looked repsectable before he finished leg in 16 darts. The second leg was a bit better, I got down to 192 but he cleaned up in 18 darts.

Given the fact he was dominating me at the time, the final leg was one of best I have ever played. Hit 70, 123 (missed 3rd dart for 180) to take lead in leg, but then he went and smashed in a 180. I responded with 140 (again, missing last dart for 180) to leave 168 after 9 darts. I hit 68 to leave 100 after 12, and 53 after 15, and he let me in by missing doubles, but I missed my chance by missing a dart at D18 and D16 to pull a leg back and he hit double 4. Was a bit gutted at the end I missed opportunity to take leg off him, but most encouraging performance I have had for a while, especially against the standard he produced. I only averaged 62.5, but when I started with 24, 12 and 30, I'm happy I got it that high! It's definately given me the belief I can continue at that standard.

Looking forward to seeing who managed to get through. Wouldn't surprise me if Jason got through as I got a feeling he was only just getting started, but whoever gets through would have deserved it with the standard generally being high.
SoD World Matchplay champion 2008
SoD World Matchplay co-champion 2009
TSoD World Grand Prix runner-up 2010
TSoD World Championships champion 2011
TSoD UK Open Regional (Wigan) champion 2011
TSoD Premier League Week 12 champion 2011
TSoD Premier League joint runner-up 2011
TSoD World Grand Prix third place 2011
Darts Betting News Grand Slam of Darts champion 2011
TSoD Players Championship Finals co-champion 2011

Twitter - @Dazman5
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk
Booji Boy
International

Re: UK Open Wolverhampton Qualifier

Post by Booji Boy »

Excellent read Daz, I am amazed you can remember the details so well.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Keep up good work dAZ.

Dean Stewart and Nicky Bache were the two qualifiers in Wolverhampton, while the double-header in Liverpool saw Jamie Green and Bradley Williams progress to Bolton and Simon Jones won through in Solihull.
crazydarter
Pub Champion

Post by crazydarter »

uk open, updates on planet darts...