will it be sir wolfie soon?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: will it be sir wolfie soon?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Dannyboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Agree with you Nick. But the reason I said that he's not fit to lace Bristow's boots is that he's a big fish in a small pond. I'd say anyone in the Quarters at Ally Pally would've destroyed Adams. He got an incredibly easy ride at Lakeside and was allowed to win at 60% of what he could do. I'm going to say it - he's not the world champion (I await the bigger trebles argument, despite there is less than 0.3mm in it).

If Raymond was still in the BDO, he would have at least 7 or maybe 8 by now.

On the other point, I fully agree that they give them out like confetti. I agree with the notion that Dennis Priestley deserves an OBE though. He has come back succesfully from a life threatening illness and has maintained his level and maybe got better in the 25 years he's been at the top of our sport. Now at 60 he is showing no signs of old age. He created the machine that it Phillip Douglas Taylor.
On the contrary he is a big fish in a massive pond, competing day in day out with the very same players who will become the future of the PDC, of course they are only considered proper dart players once they have made the switch :lol:
It is difficult to compare the two eras, times change, equipment changes but what I do know is that he would hold his own if he were to venture over to the small and privileged puddle that is known as the PDC.

Paddy McGinty esq
:bat:
Of course he would hold his own. But he is quite happy to pick up a £100,000 cheque every January for very little work and dedication. He has no interest in it becoming a unified sport like we do. I find it very suspicious that he takes up the Champion v Champion challenge when Phil is not world champion.

Of course it's a massive pond. A massive pond of 10,000s of decent pub players that have no intention of becoming professionals and are no where near good enough to become professionals. Just look at the run he had at this weekends Dutch Open. How many of those players he played would've averaged higher than 75?
If you think it's so easy to win a BDO competition why don't you venture down to Brean Sands and see how easy it is to win a tournament with hundreds of entrants. So you consider the likes of Wade, Anderson etc mere pub players, you really don't know what you are talking about.

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Agree with you Nick. But the reason I said that he's not fit to lace Bristow's boots is that he's a big fish in a small pond. I'd say anyone in the Quarters at Ally Pally would've destroyed Adams. He got an incredibly easy ride at Lakeside and was allowed to win at 60% of what he could do. I'm going to say it - he's not the world champion (I await the bigger trebles argument, despite there is less than 0.3mm in it).

On the other point, I fully agree that they give them out like confetti. I agree with the notion that Dennis Priestley deserves an OBE though. He has come back succesfully from a life threatening illness and has maintained his level and maybe got better in the 25 years he's been at the top of our sport. Now at 60 he is showing no signs of old age. He created the machine that it Phillip Douglas Taylor.
On the contrary he is a big fish in a massive pond, competing day in day out with the very same players who will become the future of the PDC, of course they are only considered proper dart players once they have made the switch :lol:
It is difficult to compare the two eras, times change, equipment changes but what I do know is that he would hold his own if he were to venture over to the small and privileged puddle that is known as the PDC.

Paddy McGinty esq
Of course he would hold his own. But he is quite happy to pick up a £100,000 cheque every January for very little work and dedication. He has no interest in it becoming a unified sport like we do. I find it very suspicious that he takes up the Champion v Champion challenge when Phil is not world champion.

Of course it's a massive pond. A massive pond of 10,000s of decent pub players that have no intention of becoming professionals and are no where near good enough to become professionals. Just look at the run he had at this weekends Dutch Open. How many of those players he played would've averaged higher than 75?
If you think it's so easy to win a BDO competition why don't you venture down to Brean Sands and see how easy it is to win a tournament with hundreds of entrants. So you consider the likes of Wade, Anderson etc mere pub players, you really don't know what you are talking about.

Paddy
Paddy nobody should doubt how hard it is to win one of these comps, But what we should also remember is that a large amount of those playing can be people that have entered merely because they are there with their pal who might be a wee bit better etc etc.

There are always two sides to every argument, perhaps you should learn that blind devotion is not the answer to all of lifes problems, The PDC is :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

mod500 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy McGinty esq

Paddy
Paddy nobody should doubt how hard it is to win one of these comps, But what we should also remember is that a large amount of those playing can be people that have entered merely because they are there with their pal who might be a wee bit better etc etc.

There are always two sides to every argument, perhaps you should learn that blind devotion is not the answer to all of lifes problems, The PDC is :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
I admit there are a number of "pub players" such as me who do enter but these are normally whittled out within the first couple of rounds, there are also a lot of very talented experienced and up and coming players present, you won't win a tournament such as this if you can't play darts do a very high standard, and if you're not on form it is easy to come unstuck with these short format tourneys.

Paddy
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

"Olly Croft said that the BDO was created for the players and officials. BH wants 100% control."

Fantastic line that.
Cassiel
Brass Darts

Post by Cassiel »

Dannyboy wrote:"Olly Croft said that the BDO was created for the players and officials. BH wants 100% control."

Fantastic line that.
I know. The irony and lack of self-awareness is almost cosmic.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Cassiel wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:"Olly Croft said that the BDO was created for the players and officials. BH wants 100% control."

Fantastic line that.
Wasn't that his intention then when he made the offer?
Cassiel
Brass Darts

Post by Cassiel »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Cassiel wrote:

Fantastic line that.
I don't know. You'd have to ask him. It was Olly having the temerity to criticise anyone for wanting absolute control I was referring to.
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

whats this aura about priestley? sure he was good 20 years ago but has won nowt since-illness does not mean he is entitled to a award-that is just sympathy which im sure dennis wouldn't want-wolfie is 54 and improving-he conducts himself in a professional manner and is an inspiration to young and old-honour the man with a mbe before he dies, too many people get their arses licked when it is too late and they are dead
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

fandarts wrote:he conducts himself in a professional manner
Tell that to the kid he told to F off :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Hearsay.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Hearsay.

What about them?
Big Jock Knew
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Cassiel wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Cassiel wrote:

Fantastic line that.
I don't know. You'd have to ask him. It was Olly having the temerity to criticise anyone for wanting absolute control I was referring to.
He wasn't criticising, just stating an obvious fact.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Hearsay.

What about them?
They're crap
sonny
Brass Darts

Post by sonny »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:

Edit by admin: funny but inappropriate
I used to be a schizoprhrenic but we're fine now
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Oh dear :(
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Have you seen Martins new facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=248030722026
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

Sweet mother of Jesus
Paddy McGinty
International

Martin "Wolfie" Adams to carry Olympic Torch for 2012 Olympi

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Martin "Wolfie" Adams to carry Olympic Torch for 2012 Olympics

Martin Adams, the currently England Captain and stalwart of the Darts scene to carry the Torch into the Stratford Stadium for 2012 Olympics.

Whoooo, at last he's been appreciated for his achievements on the dart board....Whooopeeeeee

Paddy
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

lets hope he dont run with it....a man his age could get a heart attack and the locals will rob him of his tacky gold rings while gasping for breath....lol