Reece Robinsons Ban

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Reece Robinsons Ban

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
sonofsam wrote:
Chris Mason wrote:I have no idea what happened, but I bet he threw his darts down on the table table and the shot across, a knee jerk grassing to Mr Cox and everything was blown out of proportion, just a guess like but I bet its not far off.
You would lose your bet Chris, this youth could easily have put someone's eye out and this is not the first time he's been cited for the same type of reckless behaviour.

Furthermore, his actions were deliberate and not the result of throwing his darts on the table.

For those who ask, Tommy Cox has the authority to eject any player from a tournament or even a match should he feel it is necessary.
thanks SOS, without going into details because of the DRA case that will/may follow, could you give us some more details of the context etc?
Thought it was obvious Nick?

- RR is beaten in Youth event
- RR couldnt handle losing twice in one day
- RR throws darts.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
sonofsam wrote:
Chris Mason wrote:I have no idea what happened, but I bet he threw his darts down on the table table and the shot across, a knee jerk grassing to Mr Cox and everything was blown out of proportion, just a guess like but I bet its not far off.
You would lose your bet Chris, this youth could easily have put someone's eye out and this is not the first time he's been cited for the same type of reckless behaviour.

Furthermore, his actions were deliberate and not the result of throwing his darts on the table.

For those who ask, Tommy Cox has the authority to eject any player from a tournament or even a match should he feel it is necessary.
thanks SOS, without going into details because of the DRA case that will/may follow, could you give us some more details of the context etc?
Thought it was obvious Nick?

- RR is beaten in Youth event
- RR couldnt handle losing twice in one day
- RR throws darts.
oh ginger....... what I mean is were they thrown away in anger recklessly or deliberately thrown in a particular direction. There are conflicting reports on this and the main thread as to how and why it happened.

And as someone who HAS snapped their stems and launched them across the room when I have lost I would like to know if it was a more dangerous action than say when Colin Lloyd threw his darts down during the WC or whether it was the same but the ban is the reaction to a harder directive by the DRA and PDC

Now does that make sense?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

jointer wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:What a hillarious read. Nice one Reece :WWWW:
rocky,sounds more like Andy Jenkins

you mean a tosser than wud not box eggs, yep, he does
foureyes
On The Naughty Step

Post by foureyes »

He kicked his dart across the room , it looked like he threw it from where I was .
I blame his manger mr richardson he's learn't this behaviour from him . :fishing
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

foureyes wrote:He kicked his dart across the room , it looked like he threw it from where I was .
I blame his manger mr richardson he's learn't this behaviour from him . :fishing
Kicked!!!!!!

If true than he deserves everything he gets.
Big Jock Knew
foureyes
On The Naughty Step

Post by foureyes »

Kicking the dart across the room is what happened
Reece stop :crybig: and act like a grown up when you lose for a change matey
Gringo
Pub Champion

Post by Gringo »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
foureyes wrote:He kicked his dart across the room , it looked like he threw it from where I was .
Kicked!!!!!!

Shocking indeed if true, what sort of clown kicks a dart in a room full of people?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Gringo wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Kicked!!!!!!

Shocking indeed if true, what sort of clown kicks a dart in a room full of people?
A bad loser.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Look at the behaviour of top players from both codes over the recent years, kids are exposed to a lot more darts on tv with pdc's increased coverage and as in football youngsters copy their heroes.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

as they say the truth will out

no sympathy from me with a kicked dart I am afraid although we have all been tempted to do it he will just have to learn
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:Look at the behaviour of top players from both codes over the recent years, kids are exposed to a lot more darts on tv with pdc's increased coverage and as in football youngsters copy their heroes.
Come on then Paul, which dart player have you seen kick darts across a stage on TV?
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

WCDPA wrote:Look at the behaviour of top players from both codes over the recent years, kids are exposed to a lot more darts on tv with pdc's increased coverage and as in football youngsters copy their heroes.
99.99999999% of these kids are coming from the bdo youth comps. They must have picked them bad habits up from their peers playing there :fishing :fishing . Dont be a pillock Pauly!!! :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Come on then Paul, which dart player have you seen kick darts across a stage on TV?
Didn't Ross try to do this at the Lakeside, but missed and kicked the door instead?
Chris Mason
The Ton Club

Post by Chris Mason »

sonofsam wrote:

I stand corrected, and I have been informed his behaviour was crazy, needs to stop all this nonsense going on, I understand players getting emotional but endangering others could create a serious problem.
Belive it or not Mr Cox is firm but fair, I should know lol, and unless fully warranted wouldnt have banned the young lad, and if the stray dart would have hit a player or spectator a ban would be the last of his worries.
Maybe its time for the PDC to sit down with all these young ones and maybe take them on a media clourse and make them understand how important it is to lose gracefully and show good sportsmanship.

Maybe its a job for me and Maishy, only kidding ofcourse.

For all you youngsters let this be a lesson to you all, and realise what a privilidged position you are in.

Chris
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Agree.

I admire sportsman with passion but chucking darts or punching boards, particularly on TV, sends out the wrong message.

I know a lot of professional darts players are generally normal folk like the rest of us but I still think they have a duty to conduct themselves in the right way.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Chris Mason wrote:
sonofsam wrote:

I stand corrected, and I have been informed his behaviour was crazy, needs to stop all this nonsense going on, I understand players getting emotional but endangering others could create a serious problem.
Belive it or not Mr Cox is firm but fair, I should know lol, and unless fully warranted wouldnt have banned the young lad, and if the stray dart would have hit a player or spectator a ban would be the last of his worries.
Maybe its time for the PDC to sit down with all these young ones and maybe take them on a media clourse and make them understand how important it is to lose gracefully and show good sportsmanship.

For all you youngsters let this be a lesson to you all, and realise what a privilidged position you are in.

Chris

Good point about the media training.

No disrespct but I think some of the senior players could do with that.

That's not a criticism of anyone but I think it could help some of the lads portray themselves and the sport more positively.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

pigginsexy
Pub Champion

Post by pigginsexy »

I question the amount of alcohol these lads were drinking also.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Chris Mason wrote:
sonofsam wrote:

Chris
Good to hear that from you Chris.

Not sure what good media training would do them. They are a long way from being on the telly. What they need to be taught is how to behave in a grown up and sensible manner. Banning drinking from youth events would be a good start.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

pigginsexy wrote:I question the amount of alcohol these lads were drinking also.
I know the Pro's hoover a few but they can handle it, well most of them can, whereas most kids under 21 can't drink and really shouldn't be trying to live with the big boys.

Again, if some of these lads are serious about the game and the rewards on offer they should be getting guidance.

Maybe some of the pro's could take on mentoring roles at tournaments.

chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Adrian1969 wrote:

Good point about the media training.

No disrespct but I think some of the senior players could do with that.

That's not a criticism of anyone but I think it could help some of the lads portray themselves and the sport more positively.
I think you could be the man for the job ade, with no friends you would have a completely unbiased approach :WWWW:

:DDD: :DDD:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy