Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: Reece Robinsons Ban

Post by Lee Taylor »

chissy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

Good point about the media training.

No disrespct but I think some of the senior players could do with that.

That's not a criticism of anyone but I think it could help some of the lads portray themselves and the sport more positively.
I think you could be the man for the job ade, with no friends you would have a completely unbiased approach :WWWW:

:DDD: :DDD:
I remember a certain evening down at Shepton Mallet a few years ago..

"Get out of the f***ing way Wilkins, or you'll go up the f***ing road with them"

Cue a set of darts bouncing along the road with sparks coming from them..

It's not just the "Yoofs" mate that lose their rag! :D
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

chissy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

That's not a criticism of anyone but I think it could help some of the lads portray themselves and the sport more positively.
I think you could be the man for the job ade, with no friends you would have a completely unbiased approach :WWWW:

Had me leaving do on Friday and the guvnor of my local had reserved an area in the pub for it.

I looked at it and said I wouldn't be needing all that space - one reserved table would do. :oops: :oops:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Jack89
Steady Sixties

Post by Jack89 »

Its a shame that he can't handle his ale, or losing, just hope he doesnt spoil it for the rest of us.

On the drinking, were most of the youths over 18? Hope none of the u18s were drinking might be bad publicity for the PDC.

I for one like a few pints before I play, but can handle it. Must have had about 5 or 6 waiting around in Scotland at the weekend, which is more than I usually would drink. Will probably only have 1 or 2 in Barnsley at the weekend.

Losing gracefully is surely something you learn quite early on? Unless you are amazing straight away.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Adrian1969 wrote:
chissy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

Had me leaving do on Friday and the guvnor had reserved this area in the pub for it.

I looked at it and said I wouldn't be needing all that space - one reserved table would do. :oops: :oops:
Aid's leaving do was in full swing when this photo was taken

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

nikkiboy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
chissy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

Had me leaving do on Friday and the guvnor had reserved this area in the pub for it.

Aid's leaving do was in full swing when this photo was taken

It wasn't that lively. :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Anyway, I hope to make some friends with members of TSoD in Blackpool when I go with my mate Bradders.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Adrian1969 wrote: Anyway, I hope to make some friends with members of TSoD in Blackpool when I go with my mate Bradders.
now there is a table us "normal" people will be avoiding
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

if i was tutoring/managing a quality youth player i would do everything in my power to ensure they could play without alcohol, to be dependant on alcohol to play is not good,and on this i speak from experience cos personally i couldn't hit a barn door without a fair few down the neck ;)
i always reckoned to play my best from my 6th to my 10th pint with no chance at all before 3 and after about 12, well i did win at county after 25 pints of lager but it wasn't pretty :oops:
(probably why i was always crap at opens :crybaby2: )
I totally envy those people that can get up there and chuck em without a few on board and alot of these lads that are just starting out have got an opportunity to get used to doing just that.
Look no further than gary anderson, i know he's not teetotal all the time but he has thrown phenomenal darts on nothing stronger than a cup of coffee!!!!
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
foureyes
On The Naughty Step

Post by foureyes »

WCDPA wrote:Look at the behaviour of top players from both codes over the recent years, kids are exposed to a lot more darts on tv with pdc's increased coverage and as in football youngsters copy their heroes.
This is what I'm sayin he's with his manager richardson most of the time bad habits are rubbing off on this kid
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Post by Wookiee »

nikkiboy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote: Anyway, I hope to make some friends with members of TSoD in Blackpool when I go with my mate Bradders.
Where do you come from that you might be considered 'normal'?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Wookiee wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Where do you come from that you might be considered 'normal'?
compared to Bradders and Aid even Paulie is classed as normal!
foureyes
On The Naughty Step

Post by foureyes »

pigginsexy wrote:I question the amount of alcohol these lads were drinking also.
he does drink alot at comps 18yo abd booze tends to leed to this he was quotes once drinking at 4 in the morning as prep for a competition
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Lee Taylor wrote:
chissy wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

I remember a certain evening down at Shepton Mallet a few years ago..

"Get out of the f***ing way Wilkins, or you'll go up the f***ing road with them"

Cue a set of darts bouncing along the road with sparks coming from them..

It's not just the "Yoofs" mate that lose their rag! :D
Exactly mate, i rest my case!! it was not me but that evil scrumpy inside me that did it, normally i'm such a quiet well mannered individual :WWWW:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
foureyes
On The Naughty Step

Post by foureyes »

He'll have to grow up soon stop :CCCD: while playing . remember to take a :binkybaby: and stop :crybig: when gets beat
TheLaddie
Steady Sixties

Post by TheLaddie »

spaceman70 wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:So are the DRA on site at these Pro Tour events to dish out bans immediately?
If I went to the pro tour and set fire to the toilet rolls in the bogs would the DRA have to be there before it was deemed my actions warrented suspension?
I had to use my socks the last time someone pulled a stunt like that.

Imagine how gutted I was when I went to wash my hands and there was a roll of Bounty on the side. Bah :(
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I don't think anybody nevermind their age should have to be told that sending darts across a room in a dangerous manner is a no-no.

Drink or no drink, graceful or sore loser - it's just basic common sense.

No excuse for it.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

whether it is reece kicking his darts,andy jenkins punching terry and then andy getting smacked or any other incidents my belief is that this type of behavior will always exist when you have grown men competing and there will always be characters that are aggressive, bad losers etc.

While their actions may be wrong,I can understand how passion can turn to anger
Last edited by Justin Credible on Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

foureyes wrote:He'll have to grow up soon stop :CCCD: while playing . remember to take a :binkybaby: and stop :crybig: when gets beat

For you it seems a personal issue with reece, seeing as you where there at the time, why didnt you say it to him, there and then.... be no need for your vocal unapproval here then, wud there.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

mod500 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Look at the behaviour of top players from both codes over the recent years, kids are exposed to a lot more darts on tv with pdc's increased coverage and as in football youngsters copy their heroes.
99.99999999% of these kids are coming from the bdo youth comps. They must have picked them bad habits up from their peers playing there :fishing :fishing . Dont be a pillock Pauly!!! :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Why is that being a pollock mod! Note my post saiplayers from BOTH codes, have noticed youths getting worse the last few years , totally agree with tommy cox's actions . Have seen players kicking darts away before and it's wrong.
What the game needs is this sort of punishment given to a top pro that will cost them dearly.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
mod500 wrote:
99.99999999% of these kids are coming from the bdo youth comps. They must have picked them bad habits up from their peers playing there :fishing :fishing . Dont be a pillock Pauly!!! :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Why is that being a pollock mod! Note my post saiplayers from BOTH codes, have noticed youths getting worse the last few years , totally agree with tommy cox's actions . Have seen players kicking darts away before and it's wrong.
What the game needs is this sort of punishment given to a top pro that will cost them dearly.
Andy Jenkins got one of those - missed the Players Championships, UK Open and probably the Matchplay as a result.

If the other players cant learn from that, then surely they need to be even more severe.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

WCDPA wrote:
mod500 wrote:

I was joking Pauly, the wee laughing men illustrate that. Pollock is a fish by the way. A bland tasteless one at that.