Northern Ireland Childrens Hospice...a wee plea for help

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Northern Ireland Childrens Hospice...a wee plea for help

Post by Ginge » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

I just bunged a fiver in, not very rich at the moment but suppose every little helps.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:41 pm

The Ginger Ninja wrote:I just bunged a fiver in, not very rich at the moment but suppose every little helps.

Every little helps bro, cheers.

snakehipsx2
Pub Champion

Post by snakehipsx2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Murphio,

I read this thread about a week ago and to be honest I struggled to bring myself back to it to say what I wanted to say, my own boy is 8 today and to go through what you have with him would have tipped me over the edge I'm sure. I'm glad to say that a chat with my old mate Gav / Isaac this afternoon made me decide to come back.

Anyway on to business, at the last Clash of Titans event we auctioned off a darts shirt signed by 8 pros (Manley, Alex Roy, Wazza, Beaton, Roland, Walshie, Wes & Terry Jenks) and a signed & framed print of the current 8 premier league players (30" x 18" guesstimate size). We managed to get £100 & £150 respectively for Help the Heroes which was nice as one of my heroes Mike was present on the night (Mike lost his right leg in Afghanistan). I was in my usual hugging / kissing state of inebriation by the time we left and I was surprised to find both items sitting in my front room the next morning. A few phone calls later it turns out Gav & I had engaged in something of a bidding war for both items and while no one seemed sure which of us won which item, Gav settled the situation by paying for both and giving them to me which seems a fair compromise..... anyway I'm rambling now, having discussed this thread with Gav today we both agree that the best thing to do is auction them off again at the next do (April 29th) for this here good cause. I will start the bidding off at £50 for each.

As I have yet to spend any money on this yet I will add my own maximum bid to whatever amount of money we raise and Gav has agreed to do the same.

Much love

Ant
Member of the Jim McKevitt fan club.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:09 pm

What a fantastic gesture snakey. Hats off to you.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm

snakehipsx2 wrote:Hi Murphio,

I read this thread about a week ago and to be honest I struggled to bring myself back to it to say what I wanted to say, my own boy is 8 today and to go through what you have with him would have tipped me over the edge I'm sure. I'm glad to say that a chat with my old mate Gav / Isaac this afternoon made me decide to come back.

Anyway on to business, at the last Clash of Titans event we auctioned off a darts shirt signed by 8 pros (Manley, Alex Roy, Wazza, Beaton, Roland, Walshie, Wes & Terry Jenks) and a signed & framed print of the current 8 premier league players (30" x 18" guesstimate size). We managed to get £100 & £150 respectively for Help the Heroes which was nice as one of my heroes Mike was present on the night (Mike lost his right leg in Afghanistan). I was in my usual hugging / kissing state of inebriation by the time we left and I was surprised to find both items sitting in my front room the next morning. A few phone calls later it turns out Gav & I had engaged in something of a bidding war for both items and while no one seemed sure which of us won which item, Gav settled the situation by paying for both and giving them to me which seems a fair compromise..... anyway I'm rambling now, having discussed this thread with Gav today we both agree that the best thing to do is auction them off again at the next do (April 29th) for this here good cause. I will start the bidding off at £50 for each.

As I have yet to spend any money on this yet I will add my own maximum bid to whatever amount of money we raise and Gav has agreed to do the same.

Much love

Ant

Thats terrific mate, thanks very much.

nikkiboy
International

Re:

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:23 pm

mod500 wrote:What a fantastic gesture snakey. Hats off to you.

+1
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

LookatmyPeckergo
Brass Darts

Post by LookatmyPeckergo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Bid - £60 for the signed and framed print

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:29 am

snakehipsx2 wrote:Hi Murphio,

Much love

Ant

Great gesture bud. :DDDD: :DDDD:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 pm

I put this up on Doublefinish at the weekend and though to myself why not widen the net to here.

I am aware that people on here may well have already done something and clealry know Murphio better than i do so apologies for way post reads it was aimed at people who may not know on df

Signed Unicorn Eclipse Pro Auction to raise money for a very worthy cause.
As some of you will know a young fella by the name of Stephen Hewitt Murphy from Northern Ireland who is the son of a darts forum member who goes by the name of Murphio is suffering with terminal cancer.

To help raise money for the hospice who are looking after this young lad i have decided to auction the signed Unicorn Eclipse Pro Dart Board i was presented with for marking on the Pro Tour.

It is signed by the England, Wales and Holland PDC World Cup Pairs teams so it has the signatures of Phil Taylor, Raymond Van Barneveld and Mark Webster 3 World Champions as well as Co Stompe, Barrie Bates and James Wade on it.

Whoever makes the highest bid will be sent the board and the money bid will be pledged to the Just Giving page featured in this link.

Bids can be made by PM'ing me or on this thread closing date is Sat 9th April.

http://www.justgiving.com/Stephenhewittmurphy

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:44 pm

nice one red

redman
Steady Sixties

Post by redman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

board has raised £100 - bought by gazman on df - thanks very much to him and a nice ton for the cause

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:13 pm

redman wrote:board has raised £100 - bought by gazman on df - thanks very much to him and a nice ton for the cause

Nice touch redman :D
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:37 pm

redman wrote:board has raised £100 - bought by gazman on df - thanks very much to him and a nice ton for the cause

Great stuff RM :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Good man Red, also big shout to Gazman, well done fella

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Great stuff Red. :DDDD:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 am

Well done guys, thanks so much. Cheers Ant, that was great of you mate, thanks a lot.

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 pm

I hope Murph, doesn't mind me posting this but his JustGiving page has hit its £5000 target - although I'm sure they'd like to get more!

I always get a little defensive when people criticise forums but I looked through and there are a lot of donations from darts fans.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 am

Adrian1969 wrote:I hope Murph, doesn't mind me posting this but his JustGiving page has hit its £5000 target - although I'm sure they'd like to get more!

I always get a little defensive when people criticise forums but I looked through and there are a lot of donations from darts fans.

Hopefully we should raise a few more shillings at the annual TSOD's open for this worthy cause,

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

snakehipsx2
Pub Champion

Post by snakehipsx2 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello sweeties, I'm really really really really sorry about this but I'd forgotten all about this until about five minutes ago when my Mrs asked me why there has been a money bag on her dressing table for the past month. Anyway, better late than never I suppose. We didn't have enough room on the night to auction the two items again due to .. well I won't go there ..... which turned out to be a blessing as nothing fetched over £50 anyway and the contents of the bag are £126 which was what we got in the raffle I cunningly did early in the evening. I've just spoke to Gav and we've agreed to round it up to £250. I have no idea how to go about sending the money like so if someone could help me out with an idiots guide of some sort I'd appreciate it.

Much love

Ant
Member of the Jim McKevitt fan club.

Ginge
International

Northern Ireland Childrens Hospice...a wee plea for help

Post by Ginge » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:18 pm

snakehipsx2 wrote:Hello sweeties, I'm really really really really sorry about this but I'd forgotten all about this until about five minutes ago when my Mrs asked me why there has been a money bag on her dressing table for the past month. Anyway, better late than never I suppose. We didn't have enough room on the night to auction the two items again due to .. well I won't go there ..... which turned out to be a blessing as nothing fetched over £50 anyway and the contents of the bag are £126 which was what we got in the raffle I cunningly did early in the evening. I've just spoke to Gav and we've agreed to round it up to £250. I have no idea how to go about sending the money like so if someone could help me out with an idiots guide of some sort I'd appreciate it.

Much love

Ant

There should be a link in this thread to a justgiving.com page. Just make a debit card payment on there.

Return to “Darts Chat & Gossip”