Winmau announce the British Superbike Darts Championship

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Winmau announce the British Superbike Darts Championship

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I know this has been mentioned before but now it has been officially released, here's the latest details,

Winmau announce the 2011 British Superbike Darts Championship
The Winmau Dartboard Company has announced the inaugural Winmau British Superbike Darts Championships – a unique and innovative tournament linking the sports of darts and motorcycling.

It will be played throughout the 2011 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (BSB) and feature famous faces from the world of darts competing against the stars of BSB - with all proceeds raised going to the CJ Riders Fund.

Winmau sponsored Ted Hankey (double Lakeside World Professional Men’s Champion) and Trina Gulliver (the nine times Lakeside Women’s World Champion and five times Winmau World Masters Champion) are just two of the top names to have confirmed their interest in raising awareness for the charity.

The BSB season gets underway at Brands Hatch in Kent over Easter weekend (April 22-25) with the title decided over twelve rounds across the country. At each round of the championship leading BSB competitors will compete against top darts players in an inter-team tournament - climaxing in a finals night at Brands Hatch in October.

2004 Lakeside World Professional Champion and 1999 Winmau World Masters Champion Andy Fordham will attend the opening event and says: “I went to a couple of BSB rounds last season and had a superb time. Whilst I was there I spoke to Alan Greig from AP Kawasaki and we came up with the idea of putting on a darts tournament to raise money for the CJ Riders Fund.

“The buzz around the paddock and from my friends in the darts world is electric and we can’t wait to get the competition started! I am good mates with World Superbike rider Leon Haslam and he is a big supporter of the charity, so hopefully I’ll be able to beat him on the oche in the near future!”

Swan Yamaha’s Tommy Hill adds: “The CJ Riders Fund raises money to provide vital medical equipment for riders and also helps towards improving the safety at all BSB events. Many of the riders love watching darts and we can’t wait to try our luck against some of the best in the business!”

Source: BDO Website
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"