888.com Premier League Night 12 - Liverpool Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

888.com Premier League Night 12 - Liverpool Discussion

Post by nikkiboy »

888.com PLD - Night 12 Preview
27 Apr 2011

THE 888.com Premier League Darts' top two players, Phil Taylor & Gary Anderson, will clash at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Thursday, as the fight for Play-Off places alongside the pair continues.

The 12th of 14 league nights in this year's £410,000 tournament will be held in Liverpool, with four vital matches in store as players eye spots in the semi-finals at the Wembley Arena on May 19.

Taylor, who is unbeaten in ten matches since the opening night, will play Anderson in a clash of the sport's two form players this week.

Taylor edged out Anderson 8-6 when they met previously in Manchester, but the Scot followed up a victory over the Stoke legend in a UK Open Qualifier recently by hitting a Premier League record 11 180s in his win over Simon Whitlock last week.

"I always enjoy playing Phil and this will be no different," said Anderson. "I know what kind of game I'm going to get from Phil and what I've got to do to beat him.

"If I play like I did last week it will be a great game but I've got to finish better. My scoring was brilliant last week but I was disappointed with my doubles and if they're right Phil can't afford to miss anything."

Taylor enjoyed a fine 8-3 win over Adrian Lewis in Birmingham a week ago, avenging his only defeat this season with a brilliant display to set himself up perfectly for the clash with Anderson.

"I know Gary hit 11 maximums last week and I'll have to try and hit 12 180s against him on Thursday," said Taylor. "He's a great player and people know how highly I rate him - the two players in the game to watch out for at the minute are him and Adrian Lewis.

"It should be a great game and I can't wait - Liverpool's one of my favourite Premier League venues, there's something special about the arena and the fans."

The night in Liverpool will also feature three other crucial games in the battle for Play-Off places, with five players still able to qualify for the semi-finals alongside Taylor, who is certain of a top-four finish, and Anderson, who needs just one point to mathematically ensure his place at Wembley.

Terry Jenkins has to win his three remaining games, beginning with a clash against the league's bottom player Mark Webster, who has lost his last four games 8-1.

"Mark's a brilliant player and the results don't reflect what his ability is," said Jenkins. "It's his first year in the Premier League but if he's in it next year I think it will be different for him.

"I could have done with Mark winning his game against James Wade last week to give me a better chance of making the top four.

"It's an uphill battle for me but we'll see how the final few weeks go. I've got to play James and Adrian, so if I can beat both of them then anything could happen."

Wade lifted himself level with fourth-placed Simon Whitlock last week with a third straight victory, averaging a season's-best 106 in defeating Webster.

The 2009 champion now plays Raymond van Barneveld in Liverpool, with the Dutchman currently third on 13 points and knowing that a win could secure his Play-Off place.

"James has done well in the last couple of weeks and it's going to be a very hard game," said van Barneveld.

"I'm very focused on the next three games because I'm not in the semi-finals yet and I know it's the same for James too."

The night's other game sees Whitlock meet World Champion Lewis, who has slipped to sixth place after suffering three successive 8-3 defeats.

"Some of the other results went for me [on Thursday] but this is a massive match for me now if I'm going to make the play-offs," said Lewis.

"I'm really looking forward to playing Simon. I've got to push on now and I can't see me losing any of my last three matches."

A small number of tickets for Thursday's 888.com Premier League Darts at the Echo Arena, Liverpool remain on sale via 0844 8000 400 or http://www.echoarena.com.

Meanwhile, darts fans can now vote for the forfeit which the losing players in the 888.com Team Challenge will have to undertake next month.

The 888.com Team Challenge sees the eight players split into two four-player teams, with Team Blue (Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld, Gary Anderson & Terry Jenkins) against Team Green (Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Simon Whitlock & Mark Webster).

The team with the fewest total of league points accumulated by its players at the end of the season will have to complete a forfeit, which can be voted for now by darts fans by clicking here.

888.com Premier League Darts
Week 12 - Echo Arena, Liverpool
Mark Webster v Terry Jenkins
Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor
Raymond van Barneveld v James Wade
Adrian Lewis v Simon Whitlock
Tickets: 0844 8000 400 or http://www.echoarena.com

888sport.com Match Odds
Mark Webster 2/1, Draw 15/4, Terry Jenkins 5/6
Gary Anderson 7/2, Draw 9/2, Phil Taylor 4/9
Raymond van Barneveld Evs, Draw 7/2, James Wade 13/8
Adrian Lewis 13/10, Draw 15/4, Simon Whitlock 13/10
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
hang the dj
County Player

Re: 888.com Premier League Night 12 - Liverpool Discussion

Post by hang the dj »

I really like Jenkins but for Webster's sake I hope he wins tonight as another big loss could seriously effect the rest of his year
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

hang the dj wrote:I really like Jenkins but for Webster's sake I hope he wins tonight as another big loss could seriously effect the rest of his year
The last few weeks have been so bad I just want to see Webby win a few legs and try and get some confidence back.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Wins for Barney & Anderson would also be nice
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

anderson taylor will be a close one methinks, Taylor will want revenge for the pro tour defeat
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

ando will talk the talk and play brillaint as he can ....for a few legs but in the end it wont make any difference as ando has a habit of crossing the line.

Would love to be proved wrong though.
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

nikkiboy wrote: Mark Webster v Terry Jenkins
I managed to fall through a manhole cover yeasterday :HHHHH: , so will be laid up for a few weeks and might even watch the PL tonight. (for a change)

The six best players in the World battle against each other in the last 3 matches with plenty still to play for.

Should be a good night. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: Mark Webster v Terry Jenkins
I managed to fall through a manhole cover yeasterday :HHHHH: , so will be laid up for a few weeks and might even watch the PL tonight. (for a change)

The six best players in the World battle against each other in the last 3 matches with plenty still to play for.

Blimey you must be bored if you're gonna watch the PL. :showbum:

Laid up for a few weeks, doesn't sound too good mate - what have you done?
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Adrian1969 wrote: Laid up for a few weeks, doesn't sound too good mate - what have you done?
Just a sprained ankle and nerve damage in my back. :HHHHH:

I'll live. :binkybaby:
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Adrian1969 wrote: Laid up for a few weeks, doesn't sound too good mate - what have you done?
Just a sprained ankle and nerve damage in my back. :HHHHH:

I'll live. :binkybaby:
where there's blame there's a claim BOF
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

nikkiboy wrote: where there's blame there's a claim BOF
My girlfriend is a legal eagle mate. :D

Can anyone remember the episode of Only Fools and Horses where Uncle Albert kept falling down manholes on purpose so he could claim the compensation? :D Class episode!! :DDDD:
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote: I managed to fall through a manhole cover yeasterday :HHHHH: , so will be laid up for a few weeks and might even watch the PL tonight. (for a change)

As ridiculous as it is falling into a manhole is bad enough....ask bradders

how in the hell do you fall into a manhole cover ?
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Justin Credible wrote:
BrideOfFrankenstein wrote: I managed to fall through a manhole cover yeasterday :HHHHH: , so will be laid up for a few weeks and might even watch the PL tonight. (for a change)

Was thinking the same myself.

I would guess BoF was blind drunk?

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Justin Credible wrote:
I fell through the manhole cover mate.

It was a loose manhole cover. :HHHHH: I stood on it and it gave way under me.

Bloody agony!! :banghead:
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Justin Credible wrote:

I was thinking of one of those iron manhole covers....so you fell and broke a timber board :lol:
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Adrian1969 wrote: I would guess BoF was blind drunk?
I was stone cold sober Adrian.

I was on my post round. :IIII:
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Justin Credible wrote: I was thinking of one of those iron manhole covers....so you fell and broke a timber board :lol:
It was an iron one, but it wasn't attached to the ground. :IIII:
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Justin Credible wrote:

Some local authority really is gonna get the ar*e sued off 'em then. :lol: :lol:

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Adrian1969 wrote: Some local authority really is gonna get the ar*e sued off 'em then. :lol: :lol:
It was on private property. :IIII:
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Adrian1969 wrote: I would guess BoF was blind drunk?
I was stone cold sober Adrian.

I was on my post round. :IIII:
stone cold like this :lol: :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]