UK Open Rileys Qualifier at Hull

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

UK Open Rileys Qualifier at Hull

Post by Maverick »

Unfortunately I went out in Last 16 to Glen Durrant (Daisy Mac) , Glen then took out Paul Jennings in a quality encounter 3-2, but lost in the Semi's to J Martin, never heard of him but he was scoring for fun!!

In the other half of the draw Adie Welsh a former qualifier was up against my Travelling companion Mark Wilson, also a good match it went to the decider with Mark pinging his doubles first chance he got took out a 116 for 2 all and then took the decider to make the Final.

Mark took the Final 3-1 with a clinical 76 out hit three double with three darts in the match!!

Congrats to Mark first thing he's qualified for and he's chuffed to bits. Don't know about the second Qualifier but saw Leon Bailey beaten by Rich Corner in a good game 3-2.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
GtotheF
International

Re: UK Open Rileys Qualifier at Hull

Post by GtotheF »

Maverick wrote:Unfortunately I went out in Last 16 to Glen Durrant (Daisy Mac) , Glen then took out Paul Jennings in a quality encounter 3-2, but lost in the Semi's to J Martin, never heard of him but he was scoring for fun!!

In the other half of the draw Adie Welsh a former qualifier was up against my Travelling companion Mark Wilson, also a good match it went to the decider with Mark pinging his doubles first chance he got took out a 116 for 2 all and then took the decider to make the Final.

Mark took the Final 3-1 with a clinical 76 out hit three double with three darts in the match!!

Congrats to Mark first thing he's qualified for and he's chuffed to bits. Don't know about the second Qualifier but saw Leon Bailey beaten by Rich Corner in a good game 3-2.
Unlucky bud.

Glen Durant in the last 16 sounds like a tough draw.

Standard must have been very high.

Thanks for the report though.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Unlucky Tony, as Adrian said it sounds like a cracking standard and a tough draw.

Next year mate, next year.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Bottom half had Me, Durrant, Paul Jennings, Craig Buzzard!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Scaum
The Ton Club

Post by Scaum »

Reece Robinson was the other qualifier. He was winner of the youth comp at the Yorkshire Classic last year
welsh
Feather Flights

Post by welsh »

semi finals not bad for me SEEING or not i left my glasses at home
aswsponge
Brass Darts

Post by aswsponge »

leon baily went out 1st game 3-2
Kirk Bevins
Pub Champion

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Scaum wrote:Reece Robinson was the other qualifier. He was winner of the youth comp at the Yorkshire Classic last year
He beat Keith Evans (I think) in the final with checkouts such as 160 (to win the match!). Keith had knocked out my pals Lawrie Morgan and Richie Corner en route to the final.