what have YOU done?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
mistadouble
Brass Darts

what have YOU done?

Post by mistadouble »

tell us all your greatest achievements in darts

even if its just the fact that you played in a winning team or won a small pub knockout

tell us YOUR greatest achievements
GtotheF
International

Re: what have YOU done?

Post by GtotheF »

Hitting a few 180's.

Oh, and hitting two bulls to win a game of killer once.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

[youtube][/youtube] This.

Never won a competition but lost in 4 finals, so probably losing in the final of the league pairs is my greatest comp achievement.
King-Juffy-Jar
Steady Sixties

Post by King-Juffy-Jar »

Won the R/up knock out team trophy 3 times.
Runner up in the R/up knock out comp.
Won the league
Won the sec's singles once / and runner up once
Runner up twice in the triples cup
Semi final out of 200+ people in the league singles (twice in a row now.... will get there one day !)
Won the main team Knock out cup the other week (had to play 7 full matches through out the year, knocking out some big teams)
Semi final of a big doubles comp 2 weeks ago.
Won a charity open last year
Runner up defending (trying !) the charity title yesterday ...... monday mornings with a hang over is not good !

Had a pretty good 5 years since we formed our team, been in a final every year and progressed into the premier division (our 2nd year in it, we finished 3rd this year afer being top of the table most of the year and slipping up at the end).
mistadouble
Brass Darts

Post by mistadouble »

won the local league singles comp (merit title)
played in team that won pennine classic
played in team that won the astley bridge summer x3 - winter x 5
played in team that has won chorley darts for the last 2 years

Mshaw here is my game v taylor (sorry for dodgy camera work)

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by mistadouble on Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

mshaw2 wrote:[youtube][/youtube] This.

Never won a competition but lost in 4 finals, so probably losing in the final of the league pairs is my greatest comp achievement.

Is this in Chester, I was there carrying a bag.
JFT97
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Hi all.....

I reached the quarter finals of my first ever competition when i played in the Tyne & Wear youth competition on the 27th of February......

I am 15, and before that hadnt had any competative experience at all so i was absolutley over the moon......

Prelims - playing ok, being understandably nervy, but I pulled through and that settled the nerves with a 3-1 win

Round 1 ......more comfortable and while i didnt do anything special, i hit my doubles an won 3-0

Round 2 - .....to be fair i had the luck of the draw first 2 games but now i faced a county youth player.....i played well in this game, again not missing much doubles and i hit a 180!! ........won 3-1 and was chuffed as the lad i played was good.

round 3 -.....this was the toughest test.....playing someone who was 18 and played mens county darts......he won the first leg, hitting plenty T20's and a couple of 100's and a 125 scores with good darts throughout the leg....i came back well and likewise had a solid leg to make it 1-1......he missed 1 dart at a double in the next leg ,and i stepped up and hit a 76 out to make it 2-1......he again had a great leg, which i couldnt keep up with him in, and he made it 2-2 and threw first in the decider......i was a frustrated with myself as i had done well to break his throw and had earned the right to be throwing for the match, but played a poor leg and that was dissapointing......anyway, i am not the type of person who beats himself up, and i just got on with it and we were level at 2-2......we matched each other all leg , but as we were approaching the buisness end of the leg i hit a much needed ton to leave 56.....he had a shot at 130 and didnt get a shot , leaving a more than capable 2 darter so the pressure was on......i stepped up and went 16 and tops to reach the quarters......i was over the moon and i was genuinly shocked to get this far......

Quarter finals .........I was playing Leon Bailey, who i must admit looked on fire all day.....he had barely dropped a leg and i believe he had won the event the last 3 times and was former british youth champion! :shock: .......anyway, we started and i was playing great.....i more often than not hit a treble each visit , but even that wasnt quite enough to match leon.....he hit many 125's, 140's , tons and a 180 in the game, and won 3-0......checking out 120 for the win......i did have 1 dart to win the opening leg but missed and he was the worthy winner, but i feel i played well enough to deserve a a leg or 2 but then again my A game was still dropping a little short so fair do's....

I wasnt dissapointed at all to get beat as in the end i had a great day and a superb run in the comp, and lets face it, going out to the 3x previous winner and british youth champion was a good way to go......
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

Bag Carrier wrote:

Is this in Chester, I was there carrying a bag.
No, Coventry mate.
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Post by mshaw2 »

mistadouble wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Great scoring pal. Mistadouble by name mistadouble by nature then! :lol:
terry devonshire
Feather Flights

Post by terry devonshire »

i have won to many pub comps to count.

i am the captain of the winning team in the slough and district div 1 league.

i also play in the winnng teams of the chalfont and district league and the windsor and district div4 league (we done this without lossing a game)

i also won the chalfont and district singles comp (this enabled me to play martin adams in an exhibition match)

i have not long started playing superleague lets hope i can progress in this too.
terry devonshire
Feather Flights

Post by terry devonshire »

i have won to many pub comps to count.

i am the captain of the winning team in the slough and district div 1 league.

i also play in the winnng teams of the chalfont and district league and the windsor and district div4 league (we done this without lossing a game)

i also won the chalfont and district singles comp (this enabled me to play martin adams in an exhibition match)

i have not long started playing superleague lets hope i can progress in this too.
Rob Raine
Steady Sixties

Post by Rob Raine »

I've been playing darts for about 18 months. My first achievement was hitting a 180 in my first match on stage for Durham youth in a game I won 2-1.

My next one is that i have won a local league u25's tournament two seasons in a row.

Reaching the Semi-Final of the youth Tyne and Wear open this year.

And finally getting through my youth county play-offs for the Youth Masters where I reached the last 8 in qualifying.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Rob Raine wrote:I've been playing darts for about 18 months. My first achievement was hitting a 180 in my first match on stage for Durham youth in a game I won 2-1.

My next one is that i have won a local league u25's tournament two seasons in a row.

Reaching the Semi-Final of the youth Tyne and Wear open this year.

And finally getting through my youth county play-offs for the Youth Masters where I reached the last 8 in qualifying.
Another potential future star in our midst.

Keep us posted with your tournament results fella.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Well Friday night I won the local West Oxfordshire league singles final, not that I can remember much of it :CCDD: :CCDD: :HHHNH: :HHHHH:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Mike
Steady Sixties

Post by Mike »

Winning every game 2-0 during a Monday night season (20+ games) including win's over Chris Mason, and most of the top county players at the time. (think I was about 19 at the time). Lonnnnngggg time ago.

Winning the singles and doubles finals on our Wednesday night league when I was 16.

Playing 'A' team county Dart's at 16 (badly I might add, was sooo much better in the B's). I was the youngest ever 'A' team player for about a month, until Mark Dudbridge got picked.

Considering I only play once a week now, I just lost in the Monday night singles final (had to be to one of our team members, the git). I beat the raining champ and had to play a decent player in every round. Shame I played so cack in the last leg. Still - couple more 180 badges (didn't even realise they still gave those out).
A well balanced Dart Player has a beer in each hand.
Switch
Feather Flights

Post by Switch »

My biggest achievement i guess is my 10 dart leg in the superleague (missed the 7th treble), won a local knockout and other personal achievements is playing County for Tyne and Wear and reaching the last 64 of the last 3 Tyne and Wear Opens.
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Took a leg off Ted Hankey in a exhibition match with a 15 darter whilst he was defending 2000 Lakeside Champion (lost 1-2 though)
Won a holiday competition ( £250 )
Won local singles league
Won local singles/doubles knockouts
Got to the quarter Finals of the vauxhall singles in Great Yarmouth in 2008
Got to the semi Finals of the vauxhall doubles in Great Yarmouth in 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
ozzieb
Pub Champion

Post by ozzieb »

nikkiboy wrote:Well Friday night I won the local West Oxfordshire league singles final, not that I can remember much of it :CCDD: :CCDD: :HHHNH: :HHHHH:
Fair play to you pal, where did this heroic achievement take place, i would have come and watched you/beat you if it was near where i live. Well done mate
cameronuk
Brass Darts

Post by cameronuk »

Playing once a week pub league darts for over 50 years.

Few 180 badges, a few bull finishes and last season we finished runners-up in the fours league.

Never been good enough for any induividual trophies or had enough time to see how good I could have been
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Qualifying for the 2008 UK Open and won first game but lost in second round to Warriner-Little

hit a 36.66 per dart for Cleveland B team against Durham Feb 03

Won a few local comps , league singles/pairs etc and have played in the finals of the Gold cup singles 3 times, and pairs 4 times.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx