PDPA Ladbrokes qualifier

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Grubby
Superleague Player

PDPA Ladbrokes qualifier

Post by Grubby »

Details on the PDPA site,members area, FREE entry for PDPA members who've played in a minimum of events (6) and member before 1st Sept. ONE space guaranteed with runner up winning £1k plus event reserve, semi's £500, 1/4's £250. Money won will NOT count towards the order of merit. The last time a qualifier was played there were 167 entries THAT COST £100 each. Interesting to see how many there will be as its FREE!
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Ginge
International

Re: PDPA Ladbrokes qualifier

Post by Ginge »

Grubby wrote:Details on the PDPA site,members area, FREE entry for PDPA members who've played in a minimum of events (6) and member before 1st Sept. ONE space guaranteed with runner up winning £1k plus event reserve, semi's £500, 1/4's £250. Money won will NOT count towards the order of merit. The last time a qualifier was played there were 167 entries THAT COST £100 each. Interesting to see how many there will be as its FREE!
Surely anyone who isnt in who played the day before will enter?

How many PDPA members are there now?
Big Jock Knew
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Bradders wrote:
Grubby wrote:Details on the PDPA site,members area, FREE entry for PDPA members who've played in a minimum of events (6) and member before 1st Sept. ONE space guaranteed with runner up winning £1k plus event reserve, semi's £500, 1/4's £250. Money won will NOT count towards the order of merit. The last time a qualifier was played there were 167 entries THAT COST £100 each. Interesting to see how many there will be as its FREE!
Surely anyone who isnt in who played the day before will enter?

How many PDPA members are there now?
Not sure on how many members there are. I will look at the members area later.
Definately yes to your first question PLUS the not regular players. I like the 6 event rule. Look at the entries for this weekend circa 160 uk open 130 for players champ. With uk open out of the way the entries drop BUT these occasional players will dEF go into a FREE qualifier.
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I can see why they have implimented the 6 event rule, to stop someone who has only ventured to one event sweeping to victory and denying a regular player a place at the World (or as I call it, Felix Syndrome)

Although you would think that most PDPA members will have played in at least 6 anyway.
Big Jock Knew
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Bradders wrote:I can see why they have implimented the 6 event rule, to stop someone who has only ventured to one event sweeping to victory and denying a regular player a place at the World (or as I call it, Felix Syndrome)

Although you would think that most PDPA members will have played in at least 6 anyway.

Felix done what anyone else wud have done, once he WON the Irish event, he was then offered a chance to play in 2 or 3 tv events by joining the PDPA at a cost of £500 ish, then having to play in a few more events and getting chance to play in the world championship.

Im sure thou, some wud refuse it...
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dicie wrote:
Bradders wrote:I can see why they have implimented the 6 event rule, to stop someone who has only ventured to one event sweeping to victory and denying a regular player a place at the World (or as I call it, Felix Syndrome)

Felix done what anyone else wud have done, once he WON the Irish event, he was then offered a chance to play in 2 or 3 tv events by joining the PDPA at a cost of £500 ish, then having to play in a few more events and getting chance to play in the world championship.

The rules were changed the following year (2009) meaning that you had to play in at least FOUR Players Championships events in order to qualify for the Players Championship in Purfleet.

The rule change probably suggests some players/officials were not happy that he denied a regular Pro Tour player a place in a TV tournament.

OK, "denied" is probably the wrong word as he won Killarney, but you see the point I'm trying to make :D
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bradders wrote:
Dicie wrote:

The rules were changed the following year (2009) meaning that you had to play in at least FOUR Players Championships events in order to qualify for the Players Championship in Purfleet.

The rule change probably suggests some players/officials were not happy that he denied a regular Pro Tour player a place in a TV tournament.

OK, "denied" is probably the wrong word as he won Killarney, but you see the point I'm trying to make :D
Its a strange one that, I see the reason for the rule change but then they go and take 8 tour card places from those same Pro Tour players and offer them to non PDPA members, or is it just me
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

gr8 shout nikkiboy :banghead:
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Absolultely spot on m8.... It looks to me that this tour card system hasnt been properly thought out from what iv read of it over the past week (which has been a fair bit)

I see the point your making bradders, when Felix won irvinestown, it didnt go down to well that he wud be getting the spot for the world grand prix, dont mind the worlds and elsewhere..