Indoor League 1972-1977

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Indoor League 1972-1977

Post by Ginge »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Just remembered this thread. Ive finally got round to ripping the episodes of series 1 and 2 to my computer but I think they are too big to share (each episode is around 600-700mb and there is 19 episodes). If anyone wants them desperately I could try and see what the best thing to do is otherwise If you want to cover the costs of a memory stick I can stick them on.

Ive tried updated some of the wiki page as well with what Ive seen, might try and write down the tournament brackets for seasons 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Indoor_League

Does anyone know if seasons 3-6 got shown on Frontrunner when it was going or was it just the ones on dvd?
"and all available episodes were shown on UK TV in 2017 on the now defunct TV Channel Frontrunner TV."

Naughty ;)
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Just remembered this thread. Ive finally got round to ripping the episodes of series 1 and 2 to my computer but I think they are too big to share (each episode is around 600-700mb and there is 19 episodes). If anyone wants them desperately I could try and see what the best thing to do is otherwise If you want to cover the costs of a memory stick I can stick them on.

Ive tried updated some of the wiki page as well with what Ive seen, might try and write down the tournament brackets for seasons 2.

Does anyone know if seasons 3-6 got shown on Frontrunner when it was going or was it just the ones on dvd?
"and all available episodes were shown on UK TV in 2017 on the now defunct TV Channel Frontrunner TV."

Naughty ;)
:grin:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh and its "Dewsbury", not "Drewsbury".
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:Oh and its "Dewsbury", not "Drewsbury".
I didnt do any of the results, they were already there, Ive just added dates and a bit of the formatting.

I dont actually know how to do the tournament brackets
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Anyone know anything about Colin Minton who won the first series, darts database has him as just entering that one tournament
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Can someone move this back to where it was to annoy Brett :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Indoor League 1972-1977

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:

Naughty ;)
No condemnation of "ripping" by Brett?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Naughty ;)

What have I put thats wrong?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Indoor League 1972-1977

Post by ifm »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
ifm wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Naughty ;)

What have I put thats wrong?
Ask Whinge, he is our resident copyright expert.

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Whinge klaxon!
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Whinge klaxon!
Care to comment?
You are usually very vocal on such issues, harassing in fact.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

You are going to have to remind me what the issue is exactly. I'm confused.

Is he selling it for profit?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Did this get almost the same or more viewers than the WDT this year?
Can't remember.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:Did this get almost the same or more viewers than the WDT this year?
Can't remember.
Well in those days only 27 people had televisions - so more
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Did this get almost the same or more viewers than the WDT this year?
Can't remember.
Arm Wars was the most watched programme the week the WDT final was on, mate.

Arm Wars. A programme about arm wrestling. Just let that sink in.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
Can't remember.

Was it live or recorded?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Can't remember.

Was it live or recorded?
Recorded, mate.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Added the second season tournament brackets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Indoo ... ts_Results

Surprising how little is known about Colin Minton who won the first event, found a bit about him in John Lowe and Bristows books where they both praise him (although Bristow was using it as a reason for why he should have been invited on the indoor league) but that seems to be it. No other big wins, just a good league player until he died.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Added the second season tournament brackets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Indoo ... ts_Results

Surprising how little is known about Colin Minton who won the first event, found a bit about him in John Lowe and Bristows books where they both praise him (although Bristow was using it as a reason for why he should have been invited on the indoor league) but that seems to be it. No other big wins, just a good league player until he died.
Good god some of those names bring back memories
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Paul what happened to loveday King who won the First Ladies event. I only know she passed away in 2000 but looking through a load of old international programmes I can’t see her mentioned for England