Young player in need of some help........

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
OllyNufc180
County Player

Young player in need of some help........

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Hi all.....

I appreciate many or possibly none of you are into this however i would like to ask a favour/ or simply advice and help from someone if possible.

I am 15, love my darts and in february played in my first comp, being the tyne and wear youth open......it was honestly one of the best and certainly the proudest day of my life....i did very well in the comp both suprising myself on my ability to play under pressure and put my practice game and better into a comp, and also just enjoyed it so much.

I am not in any teams however (as much as i'd love to be) and dont come from a darting family at all.....because of this i have next to no one to play with, and i cant tell you much i would love to have a more experience, and better player to play with as it would bring my game on a lot, as i'm sick of practicing alone in my bedroom, as its getting highly boring, reperative, and to be honest i am almost losing the will to play and work hard in practice as i have nothing to work for etc.

So, because of this i would love it if there was anyone who would fancy playing games with me over the internet, on sites like ez-chalk or dartpro, as it would certainly help me a lot and bring so much more satisfaction , interest and commitment to my practice.

any help, advice and games would be massivley appreciated.....

Olly Hawkins

P.s....If this is not any of the current members cup of tea then fair enough, but would it be ok to start a online darts season, involving various comps and maybe even a premier league, as i'm sure we will be able to get people in to play that once the members start flooding in ;)

Thanks
gers222
Steady Sixties

Re: Young player in need of some help........

Post by gers222 »

Hi Olly I know how you feel. I was the same when i was 15...just playing in the bedroom alone. I came from Glasgow and at that time you were not allowed to play on pubs., is it still the same in Newcastle??? I live in Germany now and kids are allowed into the pubs to play. I had the same problem with my son, Chris Loudon, to get him into a pub team in glasgow when he was 16, but we eventually found one and he just got better and better. Your idea is good for a game on the net, and maybe some of our members who are computer freaks could tell us what we need for software to get something started.
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

wow chris loudon......i definatley recognise that name from PDC pro tours......

To be honest i dont know all the details , but a few of my mates play pub darts therefore they must allow youngtsers our age in to play darts.......i am hopefully going to be playing for a local pub team next your but am not sure as yet...

www.ezchalk.com is what i used for my online games.......always work well for me :) just hope i can get people to play with
doubles for dough

Post by doubles for dough »

i will give you a game on ez chalk or dartpro one of the days. just let me know
Beast
Steady Sixties

Post by Beast »

gers222 wrote:Hi Olly I know how you feel. I was the same when i was 15...just playing in the bedroom alone. I came from Glasgow and at that time you were not allowed to play on pubs., is it still the same in Newcastle??? I live in Germany now and kids are allowed into the pubs to play. I had the same problem with my son, Chris Loudon, to get him into a pub team in glasgow when he was 16, but we eventually found one and he just got better and better. Your idea is good for a game on the net, and maybe some of our members who are computer freaks could tell us what we need for software to get something started.
Can you try and get Chris on board then gers??
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

I will speak to Chris, expect all the pros to be here in the near future.
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

doubles for dough wrote:i will give you a game on ez chalk or dartpro one of the days. just let me know
thanks mate......i would really appreciate that :)
Beast
Steady Sixties

Post by Beast »

OllyNufc180 wrote:
doubles for dough wrote:i will give you a game on ez chalk or dartpro one of the days. just let me know
On another note, why have you got a mop as your avatar?
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Beast wrote:
OllyNufc180 wrote:
On another note, why have you got a mop as your avatar?
:lol: :lol:

I am a newcastle fan, and the curly haired guy in my avatar happens to be Newcastle CB Fabricio Coloccini.......

been class and has become somewhat of a cult hero at Newcastle this season :D
Beast
Steady Sixties

Post by Beast »

Oh, it's him, also read he was in the Championship team of the year :o
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Yep....despite sruggling to settle into the premiership in our terrible season last year, he has been so commited, strong and passionate this season and despite the goalscorers like nolan and carrol getting all the plaudits, for me he's been our best player on a consistant basis this year........

Why the shocked face when you said he was in the championship team of the year :lol: what do you expect if an Argentine international plays in the championship :D