COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

Re: COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Post by ifm »

I bought the fit air pears which arrived on Thursday, played well with them in superleague on Thursday, didn't pick them up on Friday and had an hour with them at county on Saturday.
When i got them out Sunday though i noticed 2 were torn, as i'd bought 2 sets i changed them for my county match and tore another 2 during my match.
I am not impressed at all, i like the angle they go in at but as i rarely practice to ruin 4 flights in such a short period of time is ridiculous.
The frustrating thing is i really like the setup and everything about them but i'm too tight fisted to keep bunging for equipment that won't last a week, especially when i can get normal stems and flights for free.

May have one last attempt with the spinners though i guess they are £5+ too.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

ifm wrote:I bought the fit air pears which arrived on Thursday, played well with them in superleague on Thursday, didn't pick them up on Friday and had an hour with them at county on Saturday.
When i got them out Sunday though i noticed 2 were torn, as i'd bought 2 sets i changed them for my county match and tore another 2 during my match.
I am not impressed at all, i like the angle they go in at but as i rarely practice to ruin 4 flights in such a short period of time is ridiculous.
The frustrating thing is i really like the setup and everything about them but i'm too tight fisted to keep bunging for equipment that won't last a week, especially when i can get normal stems and flights for free.

May have one last attempt with the spinners though i guess they are £5+ too.
That certainly does sound disappointing.

My early thoughts on the spinners is that they drastically reduce damage to the flights.
billy brooks
Pub Champion

Post by billy brooks »

any free samples left ? lol
looking to try medium stems and just normal flights
im prob well too late

Follow me on twitter
@billy180brooks
JeffSmith170
Feather Flights

Post by JeffSmith170 »

I have been playing with the Fit Flight Air's & Stems since July. I've been with them since then as a product player. I have found that if you slightly rough the top edges of the flights (scratch lightly with your fingernail, or scuff with sand paper) It will DRAMATICALLY increase the life of your flights. I use the locked version shaft, and have ripped several sets prior to this little trick. Give it a try, and you will notice a big difference.

The flights themselves are great. They do allow for tighter groupings, no Robin Hoods, etc.. But no matter how you look at it, any advantage is still an advantage ;)
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

I'm still using mine - standard Fit Flights with the longest of the stems I was sent - and mine still look and feel good. My grouping has improved no end, which is something I always used to struggle with. I can actually probably about 5-6 times out of 10 now throw 3 darts on a 10p piece diameter. For some, that probably isn't too impressive, but for a mere casual player, I'm more than happy with that.

My fiancée has managed to break 4 flights already - she has a John Part-esque action, and throws her 38g darts hard at the board, which will probably go a long way to explaining how she has broken them!

I am still extremely impressed with the setup, so much so that next time I am in need of a set of flights, I WILL be paying the extra for a Fit Flights set, as they are definitely value for money even if the initial outlay is more - but then they last considerably longer. I was talking about this to a friend - and I do think that pound for pound they do constitute better value for money, especially if you like your flights and stems to be "pristine" when throwing.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

I had to change a flight this week :(

First one since October - the actual flight was ok it was just too loose on the stem and fell off virtually every throw.

The other two are still going strong!

So Since October I've broken 2 stems (bounce outs onto a ceramic floor) and one flight.

I think that counts for value for money??
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

crispy1978 wrote:I'm still using mine - standard Fit Flights with the longest of the stems I was sent - and mine still look and feel good. My grouping has improved no end, which is something I always used to struggle with. I can actually probably about 5-6 times out of 10 now throw 3 darts on a 10p piece diameter. For some, that probably isn't too impressive, but for a mere casual player, I'm more than happy with that.

My fiancée has managed to break 4 flights already - she has a John Part-esque action, and throws her 38g darts hard at the board, which will probably go a long way to explaining how she has broken them!

I am still extremely impressed with the setup, so much so that next time I am in need of a set of flights, I WILL be paying the extra for a Fit Flights set, as they are definitely value for money even if the initial outlay is more - but then they last considerably longer. I was talking about this to a friend - and I do think that pound for pound they do constitute better value for money, especially if you like your flights and stems to be "pristine" when throwing.
:shockbig: jeezus you'd do less damage throwing bricks at them :D
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Sigma.501
Brass Darts

Post by Sigma.501 »

I must be extremely lucky, I have had the same set of Fit Flight Air and stems for the past 8 weeks and suffered no damage at all. I use them for the pub, Superleague and County so they get a fair bit of use 3 - 4 times a week. I tried the normal Fit Flights for a couple of weeks but found that the additional weight influenced the lie of my darts and, even though I am using 23mm Spinning Stems, there were some huge deflections. I am keen to try the Delta but will probably hold off and see if they introduce it in the Air material first.

I am always keen to try new things to improve my game - how do I find out more information about testing products?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Sigma.501 wrote:I must be extremely lucky, I have had the same set of Fit Flight Air and stems for the past 8 weeks and suffered no damage at all. I use them for the pub, Superleague and County so they get a fair bit of use 3 - 4 times a week. I tried the normal Fit Flights for a couple of weeks but found that the additional weight influenced the lie of my darts and, even though I am using 23mm Spinning Stems, there were some huge deflections. I am keen to try the Delta but will probably hold off and see if they introduce it in the Air material first.

I am always keen to try new things to improve my game - how do I find out more information about testing products?
I''m sure Lee Taylor will be along to offer some info Gary. On another issue, are you able to mark this year? :D
Sigma.501
Brass Darts

Post by Sigma.501 »

Absolutely available to mark whenever and wherever. As Wigan has been dropped from the schedule, I will have to pay for a hotel but providing I have enough notice I am sure I can always sniff out a deal. I really enjoyed my last time and was very grateful to Druid for looking after me.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Sigma.501 wrote:Absolutely available to mark whenever and wherever. As Wigan has been dropped from the schedule, I will have to pay for a hotel but providing I have enough notice I am sure I can always sniff out a deal. I really enjoyed my last time and was very grateful to Druid for looking after me.
Great stuff mate, if you can make any dates let me know please. :D
leeknight180
Brass Darts

Post by leeknight180 »

I love fit flights. i have used then since they were launched early last year even beat Chizzy with them. but they dont last long at all for me. 2 weeks tops before they get a nice tear down 1 side. For what they cost and the amount of times im having to replace them. I may as well just do what Rod harrington and wazza used to do and super glue the flights to the stem. Unless Cosmo can reduce the price im going to have to sign off as a customer :(
clarky
The Ton Club

Post by clarky »

Would like to try thse but the price seems rather high compared to standard set up - judging by the lot currently on auction at e bay a lot of people are interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-COSMO ... 3372cc1ec6
thebullet87
The Ton Club

Post by thebullet87 »

well i have finally tried the cosmo set up and i am very impressed i am using fit flight air teardrop and a inbetween 28mm locked stem and i thought they were superb
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

I am seriously disillusioned with them now, the pear airs are rubbish and the thicker ones are, well, i feel like i've been ripped off.
The slims i bought originally i thought were great, though poor design means they warp (still no reply to that btw), lasted a helluva long time, but i felt the angle was out for me so went to pear airs which lasted a couple of days before ripping at the base.
Ok so i try the thicker ones which lasted around an hour before ripping at the base, shocking considering these cost so much.

I'm off to Wales this weekend and i've now gotta take the slims and alternative setups, none of which i prefer so i'm going to ditch them till they employ a decent design engineer or introduce a proper MRB process.

Yours frustratingly grrr
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

For the record, I've been using this system since October and I've only broken 2 stems ( bounce outs onto a tiled floor) and replaced one flight, but that was because the base of the flight became a little too loose on the stem.

The flight area itself shows little wear n tear, and I play at the mo 3 nights a week.

Recommend the thicker flights and spinner stems.
thebullet87
The Ton Club

Post by thebullet87 »

ill be honest i went out and had a practice session with mates today first hour i played with a normal slim flight medium stems and played average the as planned i put my cosmo setup on slim fit flight standard and medium locked stems and with in an hour and a half i had some great legs 12,13,14 and loades of 15 darters the lads i was playing with were not getting a sniff also

standard setup 180s = 1
cosmo setup 180s= 9

and that was with roughley the same time on each setup

so for me i am sticking with cosmo
Bigjohnl
Brass Darts

Post by Bigjohnl »

Just back from the physo and no darts till near the end of the month till I get these pins and needles cleared up from my arm.

Was just far too sore to throw and not feeling my fingers. :(

On the bright side the set of comso flights and shafts are still perfect :)
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Cosmo are soon going to be releasing a few new exciting products, so I will be doing a review just as soon as I receive them.

I am interested to hear from our original group of product testers........... Who are still using Fit Flights? What are your opinions of the product now?

Come on guys, let's have your feedback!

Thanks.

Lee.
sammylad
Pub Champion

COSMO DARTS & Fit Flights player input area

Post by sammylad »

Still using the Fit Flights... Have been since Sept. Now changed to the Kite Shape, still really happy.

Great product, and I can't see myself going back to normal flights.

Lee, any news when the Super Kites are being released in he UK? I'd love to try them if you can get hold of any? ;)