Tour card and free money to ranked players

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Grubby
Superleague Player

Re: Tour card and free money to ranked players

Post by Grubby »

ifm wrote:
Reinier wrote:Don't the PDPA get the players good deals on hotel/flight rates? I also thought it was possible to rent a car for a lower rate.
They get a reduced rate but only from the venue, very few take up these as the reduced rate is still high.
Killarney for example, venue 191euro for 3 nights, travelinn 123euro, it adds up over a year.
Trouble is that using Kilarney as an example, Venue £191 4 3 nights yet many b and b's within a few yards for 120/130 for 3 nights. The PDPA do try hard BUT unless block bookings are done nothing will change AND even then players will still book their own preference.
IF a deal could be done with premier inns, or similar chain, for £25 a night per room, booked up to a month, 6 weeks, in advance THROUGH the PDPA until their allocated rooms have been sold....... this would work! Lots of players/ sponsors leave it to the last minute to book BUT with this in place .............. loads would pay less than the 50ish a night when booked after the £29 deals have finished AND help unorganised "bookers" think about other bookings in advance.
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Sat Nav wrote:I agree with the original post, the tour card has not worked and hasn't achieved anything other that ensuring that there are less entries to all of the UK pro tour events. It should be scrapped but like a lot of you i believe that certain people's egos will mean that they will persevere with it.
Found this thread searching for bubble bursting. Interesting view points a year into the tour card....
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Sat Nav wrote:I agree with the original post, the tour card has not worked and hasn't achieved anything other that ensuring that there are less entries to all of the UK pro tour events. It should be scrapped but like a lot of you i believe that certain people's egos will mean that they will persevere with it.
Found this thread searching for bubble bursting. Interesting view points a year into the tour card....
I guess if you judge success on the same criteria then this still holds true, at times they were having to go very low in the q school OOM to fill spots and indeed few comps they never filled the quota.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Will it ever happen again though?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I think the tour card and QS have been the best thing the PDC have done....it may have stopped a few elite players from switching to the PDC that might have done....but not many....I think it's worked and has been a huge step forward in my.opinion..
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:I think the tour card and QS have been the best thing the PDC have done....it may have stopped a few elite players from switching to the PDC that might have done....but not many....I think it's worked and has been a huge step forward in my.opinion..
Again it depends on the criteria you use, before the tour card the pro tours had, what, 140+ entrants, it certainly concentrated the skill level but it meant a struggle to fill the spots.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I just think the PDC is always advancing...I was very anti Tour card at the start..couldn't see how it would work...thought it restricted top players switching after the year had started...but I think I've been proved wrong....
God..I remember PDC events in Bigwigs in Manchester when fans were in..more than 128 players...it was a shocker...the most unprofessional environment....
I think the set up is pretty perfect now...