Now that Hankey is in the PDC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
GtotheF
International

Re: Now that Hankey is in the PDC

Post by GtotheF »

I will be pleasantly surprised (and happy) if we see Ted in Blackpool at the Matchplay.

If he does qualify for the TV comps on merit then there is no doubt he brings a lot to the party.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Ricky 180
The Ton Club

Post by Ricky 180 »

Darts has moved on in the form of the pdc, Hankey not good enough, you start lobbing darts and you're on the slippery slide like Barney, there are too many good players and hungry young players coming along now who want it more, send him to Q score do him no favours and make him earn his stripes.
Ricky 180
The Ton Club

Post by Ricky 180 »

Darts has moved on in the form of the pdc, Hankey not good enough, you start lobbing darts and you're on the slippery slide like Barney, there are too many good players and hungry young players coming along now who want it more, send him to Q score do him no favours and make him earn his stripes.
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

The Hankey-incident is in the biggest Dutch newspaper... and I have translated it for you... you'll see why...

Hankey switched from bdo to pdc

FRIMLEY GREEN - The final of the BDO World Championships has yet to start, but the aftermath of Ted Hankey's switch to the PDC is still the talking point in Frimley Green. It is the most high profile switch in the last couple of years. The 43-year old from stoke on trent announced that this was his last match in the bdo, immediately after his lost match against Christian Kist. The prelude of his transition to the professional association PDC was colored by anger, mistrust and threats.

The PDC, where all the big players of the darting world ply their trade, stated before the start of the BDO world championships that all 4 semi finalists would receive a Tourcard that players need to participate in the pro-tour events. The BDO felt it had to react to this flirt by threatening players not to pay out their prize money if they switched to the PDC. Hankey demanded that he did not have to sign this contract - which in his eyes was close to an "extortion contract".

Ted Hankey was fuming after his semi final match against Kist. "The Count" even felt that the airconditioning was switched on deliberately, to obstruct him in his game.

You can find the dutch article here: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/11306 ... PDC__.html

Not great advertisement for the bdo to say the least
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Tristan wrote:The Hankey-incident is in the biggest Dutch newspaper... and I have translated it for you... you'll see why...

FRIMLEY GREEN - The final of the BDO World Championships has yet to start, but the aftermath of Ted Hankey's switch to the PDC is still the talking point in Frimley Green. It is the most high profile switch in the last couple of years. The 43-year old from stoke on trent announced that this was his last match in the bdo, immediately after his lost match against Christian Kist. The prelude of his transition to the professional association PDC was colored by anger, mistrust and threats.

The PDC, where all the big players of the darting world ply their trade, stated before the start of the BDO world championships that all 4 semi finalists would receive a Tourcard that players need to participate in the pro-tour events. The BDO felt it had to react to this flirt by threatening players not to pay out their prize money if they switched to the PDC. Hankey demanded that he did not have to sign this contract - which in his eyes was close to an "extortion contract".

Ted Hankey was fuming after his semi final match against Kist. "The Count" even felt that the airconditioning was switched on deliberately, to obstruct him in his game.

You can find the dutch article here: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/11306 ... PDC__.html

Indeed. But of course tommy and Pauly think ted was in the wrong. Joke isn't it.

Threats not to pay out if they switch?! Not sure where that appears on my moral compass.
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

id love to see a new pairs comp,imagine ted teaming up with merv,someone switch on that air conditioning, :DDD:
Arthur Daley
Brass Darts

Post by Arthur Daley »

polarbear70 wrote:
The Ginger Ninja wrote:
hotspur wrote:I tell you what, a character the PDC is missing is Bobby George. Go on Sky, pick him up. Luvly Jubly.
Yeah, that would be great, a whole 4 hours of

"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"
"He beat him up bad"

etc...
Bobby knows his darts, He always talks straight no biase. But I don't think he would suit the PDC.
He may know his darts, but he is an awful darts pundit/ commentator
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Skewball wrote:
Tristan wrote:The Hankey-incident is in the biggest Dutch newspaper... and I have translated it for you... you'll see why...

The PDC, where all the big players of the darting world ply their trade, stated before the start of the BDO world championships that all 4 semi finalists would receive a Tourcard that players need to participate in the pro-tour events. The BDO felt it had to react to this flirt by threatening players not
to pay out their prize money if they switched to the PDC. Hankey demanded that he did not have to sign this contract - which in his eyes was close to an "extortion contract".

The players contracts sent out weeks before the event had this clause in, even quoting an agreement with PDC dated 1997 that stated no player shall play in both worlds in same year.
As for air con the ducts around the stage have been sealed for years.
The referee detected a problem and on 2 occasions offered ted to leave the stage .......... Ted refused ( what conspiracy ).
Perhaps the draughts were sent to ted to welcome him to ally pally, comments made on here without knowing the facts are damaging to the game.
Truth will out eventually then perhaps portions of humble pie will be taken.

Indeed. But of course tommy and Pauly think ted was in the wrong. Joke isn't it.

Threats not to pay out if they switch?! Not sure where that appears on my moral compass.
ub40fan
Pub Champion

Post by ub40fan »

he won't be playing up to the crowd on the pro tour,cus there aint one!!!!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:

The PDC, where all the big players of the darting world ply their trade, stated before the start of the BDO world championships that all 4 semi finalists would receive a Tourcard that players need to participate in the pro-tour events. The BDO felt it had to react to this flirt by threatening players not
to pay out their prize money if they switched to the PDC. Hankey demanded that he did not have to sign this contract - which in his eyes was close to an "extortion contract".

The players contracts sent out weeks before the event had this clause in, even quoting an agreement with PDC dated 1997 that stated no player shall play in both worlds in same year.
As for air con the ducts around the stage have been sealed for years.
The referee detected a problem and on 2 occasions offered ted to leave the stage .......... Ted refused ( what conspiracy ).
Perhaps the draughts were sent to ted to welcome him to ally pally, comments made on here without knowing the facts are damaging to the game.
Truth will out eventually then perhaps portions of humble pie will be taken.

Tis is not about playing in the wc in the same year though, ted wants to play in the 2013 PDc worlds, that's next years.

Did the contract say prize money would be withheld if a player subsequently moves to the PDc straight after?

And as for the aircon you just said it was not possible for there to be a problem but in the next sentence say that the ref said there was a problem!!
And finally, as for ted not walking off then it's probably more to do with not wanting to get the crowd on his back or just judged that he was better off just staying .
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Double post
lakesideligger
Steady Sixties

Post by lakesideligger »

Ted obviously wasn't notified of the withdrawall of the Semi finalist's tour cards.

Durning his 'fuck it' I'm off to the PDC rant :) he thought he was straight in.

Ted needs to head off to Q School I'm afraid. :)
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

lakesideligger wrote:Ted obviously wasn't notified of the withdrawall of the Semi finalist's tour cards.

Durning his 'ferret it' I'm off to the PDC rant :) he thought he was straight in.

you seem to be a man in the know,any other switchers
lakesideligger
Steady Sixties

Post by lakesideligger »

dartsfan11 wrote:
lakesideligger wrote:Ted obviously wasn't notified of the withdrawall of the Semi finalist's tour cards.

Durning his 'ferret it' I'm off to the PDC rant :) he thought he was straight in.

you seem to be a man in the know,any other switchers
More than likely. ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

spaceman70 wrote:Of course he will go straight in. :)
Quite unfair in my opinion he should qualify like everyone else. Or have they reintroduced the missing text from their website?

Personally I don't think Ted will do that well in the PDC, he's inconsistent, temperamental, I think he won't meet the fans expectations and it will quickly turn sour..........we shall see.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ted knew he was going long before his failure in the Sem-final................and so did the board ;) ;)
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
lakesideligger
Steady Sixties

Post by lakesideligger »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Quite unfair in my opinion he should qualify like everyone else. Or have they reintroduced the missing text from their website?

Personally I don't think Ted will do that well in the PDC, he's inconsistent, temperamental, I think he won't meet the fans expectations and it will quickly turn sour..........we shall see.
Spaceman is wrong. Ted has to go through the same route as everyone else.
TheSportsDean
Pub Champion

Post by TheSportsDean »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Could the missing text have been removed because the PDC are going to reword it to say they have discretion over who gets the cards. Much like Wolfie turning down the GSOD spot from the Masters and Waites getting the invite instead a few years back.
I use Twitter, occasionally.... https://twitter.com/TheSportsDean

I also blog occasionally... http://thesportsdean.blogspot.co.uk/
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

interesting few days ahead with the qualifying school fast approaching.im sure sky and the pdc wont let ted out of there clutches.hes box office.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Skewball I said the air ducts around the stage were sealed that's all, at back of arena is a massive smoking area with 2 double doors! All week had been fine but Saturday was loads colder here than all week , they think similar to ally pally when these were opened and cold air met the hot air inside it seemed to cause air turbulence.
Ted perhaps should have gone the Tony and Wesley route and leave the stage when it was offered to him.
They acted professionally unfortunately ted aimlessly throwing darts about didn't.