We are moving to a new server soon

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Hi all,

Sometime over the next week we will be moving the whole forum over to a new server, why? well we have just outgrown our current one and the extra bandwidth we are having to buy every month is costing a small fortune - the joys of being the biggest, busiest and best darts forum on the planet!!!! :)

There will be a small amount of downtime although I will try and move it within 2-3 hours most probably after midnight so for 99% of you there will be uninterrupted forum bliss.

What you will notice is that you will be redirected to our .co.uk domain - this is so that there will be as little disruption as possible, now that will probably mean that your computer will not remember your usual username/password so you will have to log in again manually the first time at which point your browser will ask if you want to remember the password and you can just say yes. A couple of days later the .com domain will be at the new server and you will have to manually log in again but this is in no way as confusing as it sounds reading it here, basically just make a note of your username and password because it is likely you will be asked for it twice over the next week or so.

The forum should be faster and we should get better uptime than at present.

If you have any questions or queries please just ask in this thread or PM me or any other member of the team

Cheers

Nick
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Re: We are moving to a new server soon

Post by Justin Credible »

nikkiboy wrote:Hi all,

Sometime over the next week we will be moving the whole forum over to a new server, why? well we have just outgrown our current one and the extra bandwidth we are having to buy every month is costing a small fortune - the joys of being the biggest, busiest and best darts forum on the planet!!!! :)

There will be a small amount of downtime although I will try and move it within 2-3 hours most probably after midnight so for 99% of you there will be uninterrupted forum bliss.

What you will notice is that you will be redirected to our .co.uk domain - this is so that there will be as little disruption as possible, now that will probably mean that your computer will not remember your usual username/password so you will have to log in again manually the first time at which point your browser will ask if you want to remember the password and you can just say yes. A couple of days later the .com domain will be at the new server and you will have to manually log in again but this is in no way as confusing as it sounds reading it here, basically just make a note of your username and password because it is likely you will be asked for it twice over the next week or so.

The forum should be faster and we should get better uptime than at present.

If you have any questions or queries please just ask in this thread or PM me or any other member of the team

Cheers

Nick
so rout and I make up only 1% :D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

in SHORT - yes :)
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

I aint short...........so therefore i make up at least point 7 of that one per cent :D
Bub
Pub Champion

Post by Bub »

Good luck with this change-over Nik! Hope it all goes to plan. :UK
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Have you relocated yet Nick???
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Have you relocated yet Nick???
I think something has happened as Tapatalk seems to think this is a different forum: I have two "TSoD" forums in my logins list.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Not yet mate
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:Not yet mate
Bradley needs to invest in a new phone then.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Admin
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Admin »

OK move completed, we are now on a new server

I am currently rebuilding the search index so it may be a bit slow for a couple of hours

you may get issues, if so please post them here
Admin
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Admin »

you may need to press CTRL & F5 to refresh the system as it will try and reference the old cookie or just clear cookies but logging in a couple of times will also clear it
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ok a few changes

going to www.thestarsofdarts.co.uk will take you to the new look news and event site (still some development to do)

from there you will see links for the forum, log in and enjoy, if you want to return to the news site just click the link at the bottom of every forum page (news site) or www.thestarsofdarts.co.uk

We have a new events calendar, please PM any of the team for access (to prevent spammers flooding the site)
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

The forum works for me again on .com (directly, not through forward to .co.uk), but the "log me in automatically" function doesn't seem to stick. It does work on .co.uk.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Zeyes wrote:The forum works for me again on .com (directly, not through forward to .co.uk), but the "log me in automatically" function doesn't seem to stick. It does work on .co.uk.
Im giving it a day or so for the dns servers worldwide to all work and then I will deactivate the .co.uk (forward to .com) and as soon as I do it will work again for you. Its all to do with the domain that the cookie is set to and as we were on the .co.uk one waiting for the .com to move it had to be set to that.

You will know when it has been completed as you will have to log in on the .com and the log me in automatically will work again
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

everything should be on the .com domain now - you may need to log in again but if you have any issues just let me know
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I might not be around much today, Firefox downloaded an update and now when I "login" it returns me to the login stage. Won't get much time to work it out today and can't stay on IE for long. Worth knowing in case anyone else gets the same thing.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I got that this morning Cat, I just went to .com and it then worked fine.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:I got that this morning Cat, I just went to .com and it then worked fine.
+1 on my iphone
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Cheers guys.

I just got in by starting a private browsing session so it must be history/cookie related. I'll clear 'em in a bit.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Yep .com worked for me as well nice work.