Keeping Stats of Games Marked

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
crispy1978
County Player

Keeping Stats of Games Marked

Post by crispy1978 »

I was talking to Daz on Sunday on the way to the venue, and he was saying he had marked 3750 legs or so before the last weekend - I'm at a mere 894!

I was wondering whether anyone else has kept stats, what stats are you keeping - i.e. number of times you have marked each player, etc. I like to do it to see who I have marked, and who I have yet to mark - for example, I know Wayne Jones is my most marked player so far.
Stubby
County Player

Re: Keeping Stats of Games Marked

Post by Stubby »

I couldn't tell you exactly how many legs I've marked (I know it's more than Daz though!! ;) )

I know I've done 60+ days and I cross off the players that I've marked so I know the highest ranked player I've to have the pleasure of. I was always wanting to mark Mervyn and got my wish in Brum back in May.

It's now Steve Farmer as the highest ranked player I've not marked.

In fact there are only 5 players in the current top 100 that I haven't marked.
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

I can tell you straight away mine would be Phil Taylor, followed by Adrian Lewis. Not marked Gary Anderson or Barney, but think I've ticked off the rest of the top 16.
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

I used to keep records and wish i had kept it up, there have been 64* pro tour/ uk open days of marking since its inception in feb 2010, i missed 2x weekends at wigan in the early days because it was too expensive to travel there on the train and i missed a saturday at derby in april 2010 because of a prior arrangement but managed to get there for the sunday, i think im right in thinking that the derby weekend immediately after swindon feb 2010 was not marked*?? not sure.. I have been fortunate enough to have attended every day since apart from dublin 2010 (dublin 2011 was great!!) and health and wealth permitting i shall be at every one again next year. I have to go down to 49 in the oom to find the highest ranked player i am yet to mark and that is mensur suljovic. I have had (to my mind) the priviledge of marking the ultimate game - Taylor vs Barney, in dublin, with Phil coming out on top 6-5 and Barney hitting a "9" during the game. Other memorable moments - i marked Gary Andersons match vs Aaron Monk where Gar averaged around 130+ this despite me being his bogey marker (lame excuse for when his head isn't on and he chats to me all through his game)
Most memorable moment - Adie buying me a pint actually thats still on the "to do list" :D
Onwards and upwards............
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

chissy wrote:Barney hitting a "9" during the game.
Was he aiming at the "12"?

:DDD:
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
chissy wrote:Barney hitting a "9" during the game.
Was he aiming at the "12"?

:DDD:
:DDD: :DDD:
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Crispy, you utter swine!!

After reading your thread I felt obliged to go through all the results and do all the stats. Taken up half my morning when I should be otherwise occupied!!

Turns out I've done 664 legs from 10 events (most in 1 day = 111, fewest = 20)

Amazing how memories of some days are very vivid, whereas other days are very blurry.....can't think why......

Most marked for - Andy Smith (one of the very nicest fellas on the circuit)
Favourite game - First day marking, last 16 game Barney v Stompe. 5-5, Stompe hits 119 to leave Tops, Barney takes out 106 despite missing the T20 with his first dart. Awesome!
Last edited by Deleted User on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nookie
Superleague Player

Post by nookie »

only 40 days for me first gam e was andy relf v andy callaby in a prelim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Hungry Coyote
Pub Champion

Post by Hungry Coyote »

Great idea this. I've started keeping a tab now. It's 65 legs marked in Crawley on Saturday for my first time and then 55 on the Sunday, so that a huge 110 in total. I guess I've still a few legs to mark to catch up with Daz, Stubby and Chissy! As a stats man I'd have loved to have been able to keep a record of darts used to win each leg and 180 scores. I really believe Part hit around 20x180's on the Sunday in the games I scored for him. He was an incredible.
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

no idea but i know its not as many as Stubby ,Ann and the gang but in saying that i wouldnt mind a quid for each one lol,
Not as mustard as Chissy
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

Hungry Coyote wrote:Great idea this. I've started keeping a tab now. It's 65 legs marked in Crawley on Saturday for my first time and then 55 on the Sunday, so that a huge 110 in total. I guess I've still a few legs to mark to catch up with Daz, Stubby and Chissy! As a stats man I'd have loved to have been able to keep a record of darts used to win each leg and 180 scores. I really believe Part hit around 20x180's on the Sunday in the games I scored for him. He was an incredible.
65 + 55 = ????? :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Hungry Coyote
Pub Champion

Post by Hungry Coyote »

crispy1978 wrote:
Hungry Coyote wrote:Great idea this. I've started keeping a tab now. It's 65 legs marked in Crawley on Saturday for my first time and then 55 on the Sunday, so that a huge 110 in total. I guess I've still a few legs to mark to catch up with Daz, Stubby and Chissy! As a stats man I'd have loved to have been able to keep a record of darts used to win each leg and 180 scores. I really believe Part hit around 20x180's on the Sunday in the games I scored for him. He was an incredible.
65 + 55 = ????? :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Classic!!! :DDD: :DDD: I guess I won't be asked to mark again after dropping that bollock. :MAD:
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

Bump for David's benefit :)
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Thanks Crispy.
838 legs from 13 events.

New best match - Hamilton v MvG S/Final Barnsley 16/9/12 - PC12
daz
Brass Darts

Post by daz »

To date i've marked 4033 legs and like Chissy, Mensur Suljovic is the highest ranked player that i have yet to mark. If my memory serves me right, i think ive missed three weekends since it all started and those weekends were missed begrudgingly.
From a personal point of view, the best game was Andy Hamilton vs Dennis Priestley on the 8/5/2010 as it was the match where i had the privilege of marking the 1st nine darter by a volunteer marker.

Great thread Chris, if its only to find out that i'm not the only sad git that keeps marking records. 14 posts so far on this thread makes me feel better.

Now that you have mentioned the amount of times marked for different players, i just know that the records are gonna come out and i'm gonna spend far too much time going through them. I feel more stats will probably follow. Thanks a lot Chris lol
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Right this is the best I can do:

First Event attended - 27th February 2010 (Derby)

First Game Marked - Tony Ayres 6-1 Ian Jopling

Pro Tour Events Marked

UK Open Qualifers = 22

Player Championships = 40

Euro Qualifiers - 1

Grand Slam Qualifers = 1

World Championship Qualifers= 2

Womens World Championship Qualifers = 1

Youth World Championship Qualifers = 2

Nine Darters = 1 (Dave Chisnall v Mark Webster 30th April 2011 - Wigan)

UK Mainland Weekends Missed since start of Scheme = 1 (Swindon Feb 20/21 2010)

:D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I can remember when we were first discussing the sportstat and I suggested laptops and dfw, that would give us full stats, think that's the future myself
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

I think the best match I've marked was Dennis Priestley v Antonio Alcinas. Went 6-5 but must have almost 20 180s. Ton finishes galore, and I remember Dennis saying it was one of the best matches he had played in for a hell of a long time.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

First game marked - Alex Roy 6-4 Joe Cullen

Good baptism to have Roy-Boy chirping like hell 1st time up!!
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

Marked more legs than i care tio remember but i guess it would be well over 3,000 by now

Most memorable game Mervyn King vs Prakash Jiwa

Most enjoyable game marked V vd V vs MvG 6-4 In 13 mins lol
Not as mustard as Chissy