Jelle Klaasen is in trouble

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: Jelle Klaasen is in trouble

Post by Bag Carrier »

In all seriousness will the DRA fine the likes of Jelle for bringing the name of the ORG he plays for into a bad light etc,(not directly granted)

And will people on twitter who say things been fined for bad words etc in the way the snooker players and footballers are.

Could be interesting if the DRA get involved as they would have to name as some high profile players are involved.
JFT97
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Welsh Wayne wrote:Years ago it was never go near a phone if your pissed, how things advance ;)
The obvious difference is that you could say 'drunken statements' to your mates but now these twitters are for all to see. Some fellow pros (esp their mates) need to have a word with guys like the west brothers: to wise up. By rejoicing in Jelle's downfall they have made themselves look like less attractive for potentional sponors and fans.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

Silly West Brothers... I know they are angry but would have been better to just leave it.
Chizzyesque
Dartsani
Brass Darts

Post by Dartsani »

If they know the girls family and are close to them, I have some understanding to their outburst. Is is professional, not so. Would any of us react same way as they do in similar case?
Just remember...
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Dartsani wrote:If they know the girls family and are close to them, I have some understanding to their outburst. Is is professional, not so. Would any of us react same way as they do in similar case?
No, I wouldn't. They come across as a bunch of pricks to me. It almost looks like they want a new gimmick.

And the newest rumour that''s flying around is that MVG has more reason to be upset than either of the West brothers.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tristan wrote:
Dartsani wrote:If they know the girls family and are close to them, I have some understanding to their outburst. Is is professional, not so. Would any of us react same way as they do in similar case?
No, I wouldn't. They come across as a bunch of pricks to me. It almost looks like they want a new gimmick.

And the newest rumour that''s flying around is that MVG has more reason to be upset than either of the West brothers.
Indeed, given the girl in question is in fact the sister of his missus.
Big Jock Knew
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Ginge wrote:
Tristan wrote:

No ?????? is she ??
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Tristan wrote:

To be fair Steve had just found out from his missus that Jelle had tried it in with her and sent similar emails to her, I think most of us would have been just as outspoken given those circumstances and in this instance venting his anger over twitter is probably better than knocking Jelle out, for both of them.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

It is easy to judge in today’s social networking age. How many of us have posted a drunken tweet or commented on something inappropriate on Facebook? Then we have deleted it. It is so easy now to post photos and comments around the world in seconds. I am not defending Jelle,(we have had words in the past) but within minutes of the story breaking everyone had him hung, drawn and quartered including myself. He has “confessed” to what? If Jelle is guilty of these disgusting allegations that is surfing the net, throw the book at him, and let him feel the wrath of the Dutch juridical system. Unfortunately innocent or guilty whatever the case, Jelle is in a dark place now, somewhere he does not want to be.
“Let those without sin cast the first stone” and if he is guilty direct them all at Jelle.
As with most media cases today, the Kangaroo court has sat and the verdict decided.
Gospel according to Rab Smith2
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

rabsmith2 wrote:It is easy to judge in today’s social networking age. How many of us have posted a drunken tweet or commented on something inappropriate on Facebook? Then we have deleted it. It is so easy now to post photos and comments around the world in seconds. I am not defending Jelle,(we have had words in the past) but within minutes of the story breaking everyone had him hung, drawn and quartered including myself. He has “confessed” to what? If Jelle is guilty of these disgusting allegations that is surfing the net, throw the book at him, and let him feel the wrath of the Dutch juridical system. Unfortunately innocent or guilty whatever the case, Jelle is in a dark place now, somewhere he does not want to be.
“Let those without sin cast the first stone” and if he is guilty direct them all at Jelle.
As with most media cases today, the Kangaroo court has sat and the verdict decided.
Gospel according to Rab Smith2
reminded me of this

[youtube][/youtube]
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Tristan wrote:

No ?????? is she ??
Yes she is.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A certain Mr Hayes has joined the debate with some truly horrific mock-ups on his Facebook page.
Big Jock Knew
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Ginge wrote:A certain Mr Hayes has joined the debate with some truly horrific mock-ups on his Facebook page.
tasteful as ever.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

nikkiboy wrote:When I face persecution will my punishment and I hereby resign because I absolutely regret that I'm too far gone.

what is he 'resigning' from in that statement? Or is it just a mistranslation?
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

Fair play this a terrible story. And the wonderful and rather graphic comments made by other dart players on Twitter does the game no favours.

But on a more important note is the effect that that whole thing has had on the young girl. The attitude towards mental health on this thread is shocking, I even read a comment labelling her as "mentally daft". I mean come on, really? Are peoples attitudes that ignorant.

This whole story is awful and to be hoenst the way it has been discussed and even mocked on here is really sad. Its like reading the Sun... :(
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

and the Iron Fist wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:When I face persecution will my punishment and I hereby resign because I absolutely regret that I'm too far gone.

He is not resigning. Looks like a google translate-translation.

The statement just says "was signed, Jelle Klaasen" which is a formal way to close a letter in the Dutch language.

@Welsh Wizard: I made the classification that she is mentally daft, but it is true: it is being reported in all the newspapers. Her mother even confirms it (and unlike the sun etc. the dutch newspapers do not make this up). Jelle also doesn't deny it, he just states he was unaware of her problems.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

I think the "mentally daft" statement was a translation from a dutch guy: which explains the wording. Would have to re read the thread to be certain but i don't think the girl, or the story, has been mocked here?

I think df have taken down their thread.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

Tristan wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

The statement just says "was signed, Jelle Klaasen" which is a formal way to close a letter in the Dutch language.

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

My thoughts/questions for what they are worth.

Did Jelle know the lass was underage and suffering from mental health problems? If he did not then all he is guilty of is a terrible error of judgement. Albeit the law will see it differently.

The comments on twitter, well thats sad. I would not imagine that Jelle would send pics of his dinkle unsolicited to fellow darts players wags. Perhaps the players in question should look closer to home before piling in with perhaps misguided comments.
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

Tristan wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

@Welsh Wizard: I made the classification that she is mentally daft, but it is true: it is being reported in all the newspapers. Her mother even confirms it (and unlike the sun etc. the dutch newspapers do not make this up). Jelle also doesn't deny it, he just states he was unaware of her problems.

Im not disputing the fact that the girl may have a mental health problem. The term mentally daft is not appropriate and offensive.