Robert Wagner

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Robert Wagner

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ophion wrote:
Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D[/quote]

Try being the operative word here. Banning someone without a hearing or chance of appeal is a bit Right Wing in many people's eyes.

Vic Sexton has informed Mr Wagner that he could present his case the day before the Winmau in Hull, but that he definitely will not be participating in it?? Not sure what the sense of that is?

Only prerequisite being that Mr Wagner will himself have to incur the Hotel costs of the Officials who would preside over the hearing.

What World do these people live in?[/quote]

To be honest what would be the point of holding a hearing? The incident is caught on camera there's no way he can deny it.

paDDy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Zeyes wrote:Whatever one thinks of Wagner's comment or the BDO's decision, it's nice to see his national federation sticking up for him.
Even when he's in the wrong.........nice one.
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ophion wrote:
Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D
Try being the operative word here. Banning someone without a hearing or chance of appeal is a bit Right Wing in many people's eyes.

Vic Sexton has informed Mr Wagner that he could present his case the day before the Winmau in Hull, but that he definitely will not be participating in it?? Not sure what the sense of that is?

Only prerequisite being that Mr Wagner will himself have to incur the Hotel costs of the Officials who would preside over the hearing.

To be honest what would be the point of holding a hearing? The incident is caught on camera there's no way he can deny it.

paDDy[/quote]

I don't know how the court of sports working in Norway or England, but I certainly know that if You would ban any body for any reason in Finland and he/she would appeal for court of sport, the 1st question from them would be "Can You show how you have showed the punished player should complain about his punishment and how you have made sure he had possibility to do that". If there was nothing, just ofiicials were just saying " well we thought this was very clear" it was 100% sure the court would let the ban go.

and if you didn't understand that, You didn't understand what Robert said... :D
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ophion wrote:
Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D

paDDy[/quote]

It's not about him denying he said it but allowing him to explain what he meant and why he said it. Thought the letter from the national org explained it well. Always thought of you as a man of justice.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

tapsa wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ophion wrote:

What World do these people live in?

paDDy[/quote]

I don't know how the court of sports working in Norway or England, but I certainly know that if You would ban any body for any reason in Finland and he/she would appeal for court of sport, the 1st question from them would be "Can You show how you have showed the punished player should complain about his punishment and how you have made sure he had possibility to do that". If there was nothing, just ofiicials were just saying " well we thought this was very clear" it was 100% sure the court would let the ban go.[/quote]

Yes but this is a clear cut case, so much red tape these days, the British Government have spent the last eight years trying to extradite a bearded man from the UK but still this hasn't reached a conclusion.

paDDy
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:Ok Dave I will never mention how superb and well run the PDC is and should be a role model the BDO aspire too.
Thank you.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Ok Dave I will never mention how superb and well run the PDC is and should be a role model the BDO aspire too.
Thank you.
My post won't be hard to keep Dave :DDD: :DDD:
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Thank you.
Paul, you always use that line just before you say something derogatory, then you bang on about how you are always praising the PDC.

It's old hat and boring.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I'm with the BDO on this one - he did bring the game into disrepute. Do PDC players get to defend themselves when faced with a DRA hearing? The Norwegian Darts Federation can claim translation issues as much as they like; Robert knew exactly what he was saying and his tone of voice confirmed it.

Just watched it again. It gets better every time! :DDD: :DDD:
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

wagner is trying to qualify for the pdc fair enough, he thinks the bdo are shit, thats his up to him, hes now banned from a tournament he dosent wanna participate in so why should he be bothered and why should any other cretin be bothered ?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Thank you.
Paul, you always use that line just before you say something derogatory, then you bang on about how you are always praising the PDC.

It's old hat and boring.
just like me dave :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Whatever the rights and wrongs about this situation, one thing is for certain. The BDO have dealt with it in a terribly amateur manner. They are playing at trying to run a successful darts org. At least with Olly you knew where you stood. This would not have happened under his rule, he would not have given an ironic shiteee about it.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

mod500 wrote:Whatever the rights and wrongs about this situation, one thing is for certain. The BDO have dealt with it in a terribly amateur manner. They are playing at trying to run a successful darts org. At least with Olly you knew where you stood. This would not have happened under his rule, he would not have given an ironic shiteee about it.
do you really think under olly the same outcome wouldnt have happened ????
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Thats why I said it.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
mod500 wrote:Whatever the rights and wrongs about this situation, one thing is for certain. The BDO have dealt with it in a terribly amateur manner. They are playing at trying to run a successful darts org. At least with Olly you knew where you stood. This would not have happened under his rule, he would not have given an ironic shiteee about it.
Not at all, because he hadnt a clue what was going on.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Not at all, because he hadnt a clue what was going on.
Exactly.

Now its good that the BDO have disciplinary procedure in place, but boy they need some lessons in how to go about implementing it.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ophion wrote:
Banning someone without a hearing or chance of appeal is a bit Right Wing in many people's eyes.
Really fought the urge to comment, but have to say that naming and shaming two players accused of match fixing who were never found guilty of anything might be seen as a bit wrong in many peoples eyes. Did they have a hearing before you became judge, jury and procurator fiscal on the matter.
has Ginge still got his pot kettle image?
I have already said earlier in this thread I hope that Wagner is not banned and tbh I do think the BDO are wrong in this case, but why have you got such a bear in the arse about the BDO?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Chase me, chase me!!!
Big Jock Knew
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

Ginge wrote:Chase me, chase me!!!
I didn't realise you were a fan of Duncan Norvelle.

I am asking a serious question here after the naming and shaming incident, his behaviour towards anyone who didn't blindly agree with him and as Mod said his "half-arsed" apology, do you not think he lacks credibility?
If you disagree with me I ask again why name the two players who allegedly did this.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ecky Thump wrote:
Ginge wrote:Chase me, chase me!!!
I didn't realise you were a fan of Duncan Norvelle.

I am asking a serious question here after the naming and shaming incident, his behaviour towards anyone who didn't blindly agree with him and as Mod said his "half-arsed" apology, do you not think he lacks credibility?
If you disagree with me I ask again why name the two players who allegedly did this.
You are like a bloody broken record/dog with a bone.
Big Jock Knew