Deleted User

Re: Robert Wagner

Post by Deleted User »

Who is Ophion?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Probably yes if at the time they are playing on a rival orgs stage, but NO if it's just on FB or twitter as it's not 100% certain who makes the posts.
The BDO have as far as I can remember had people slagging them off on forums etc including many players, even Tapsa realised Rovert was wrong and tried to stop him by saying we don't want politics here.
If Tony OShea or Martin Adams slagged off the BDO on FB I don't think no action would be taken, but say if Tony O was interviewed at gsod and said on air the BDO was sh ite I expect action would be taken.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Who is Ophion?
Who is Horsegob?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:But not all players were interviewed on the stage and made the remarks Robert did, with the expecked announcement of the BDO not allowing associate members playing in winmau or lakeside qualifying events, it finally looks as they are being more aggressive in their attitude.
"First we want to make clear that Wagner's comments entirely stands for his own account. The board of the Norwegian Darts Federation is aware of the video on YouTube and has spoken to Wagner after this incident. He explains that his intention in this interview was to praise the organizers of the tournament which he thought had done a good job. Then he compared to his last appearance at the Winmau which he felt was noisy, crowdy and with too low temperature in the playing area. These views are also shared with other players. Thus he apologizes that his comment "conifers" was interpreted as a characterization of the BDO as such, while he actually wanted to give some critique of last year's playing conditions. Robert Wagner does not speak fluent English, and with limited language skill's he misses the nuances when trying to explain what he means." quote from letter to the BDO. Thanks to ophinion for this.

Paul does this letter not make sense to you and to those others who think the BDO are in the right? Roar makes a valid point here explaining the context of what he said. What i like about forums is that we can hold a view, listen to others opinion, and then change our minds. This defence makes sense, doesn't it.

The fact is i have read comments from players on the net saying things like the toilets are not fit for a baby to be changed in, the BDO have made a right mes of this event, the BDO are so unprofessional at times etc. Now these comments have been made by players who speak English as their 1st language, have posted them after the event not in the heat of the moment being interviewed. Should they not be banned also? many on here have read stuff on FB etc similar to Wagner: why no ban?

This smells of a witch hunt. I think the BDO need to lift the ban. It's not right when you read this letter. Or is it really an anti PDC thing happening here? Getting more agressive in their attitude you say (why make this comment if this ban is nothing to do with his aim of getting to Ally Pally?): aggresive against negative comments about the BDO or about players linked with the PDC?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

It doesn't matter who ophinion is or even if you think he has an agenda in when he posts. This topic should deal with the posts not the posters.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:Probably yes if at the time they are playing on a rival orgs stage, but NO if it's just on FB or twitter as it's not 100% certain who makes the posts.
The BDO have as far as I can remember had people slagging them off on forums etc including many players, even Tapsa realised Rovert was wrong and tried to stop him by saying we don't want politics here.
If Tony OShea or Martin Adams slagged off the BDO on FB I don't think no action would be taken, but say if Tony O was interviewed at gsod and said on air the BDO was sh ite I expect action would be taken.
But let's look at context Paul. What if Tony O said this whilst speaking German in an European championship, for example. Would that not be taken into account if he later explained (as the Roar letter does) what he really meant?

Think about it. A player can say things in his 1st language on FB but gets away with it but a player says something in a language he is not fluent in and he should be banned. Double standards by the BDO!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Devo I have spoke many tomes to Robert at various events and him and his wife were in the next room at lakeside for a week, his English has always seemed pretty good to me , I think he knew exactly what he was saying " sh ite" is a pretty universal word.
What would PDC do if just before one of their most prestigious events in their calendar a player appeared on a rival orgs stage and on camera said " the PDC are shite"?????
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:Devo I have spoke many tomes to Robert at various events and him and his wife were in the next room at lakeside for a week, his English has always seemed pretty good to me , I think he knew exactly what he was saying " sh ite" is a pretty universal word.
What would PDC do if just before one of their most prestigious events in their calendar a player appeared on a rival orgs stage and on camera said " the PDC are conifers"?????
Paul bringing the PDC into it again. :roll:
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

I believe that English is not even Robert`s 2nd language but his 3rd, German first, Norwegian second. Having said that most times we have spoken, which has been often over the years Robert`s English is more than adequate. In fact I understand his English better than I do his German.

My personal opinion is though, if I was running an organisation and someone bad mouthed it or the things I organised and I knew this person well enough I would contact him myself and ask him directly what was meant and try to sort it out behind closed doors.
Image ImageImage Image
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Devo I have spoke many tomes to Robert at various events and him and his wife were in the next room at lakeside for a week, his English has always seemed pretty good to me , I think he knew exactly what he was saying " sh ite" is a pretty universal word.
What would PDC do if just before one of their most prestigious events in their calendar a player appeared on a rival orgs stage and on camera said " the PDC are conifers"?????
Exactly, it has fek all to do with the pdc. BUT if we are on the subject didn't Hankey and co slag the pdc off at the Grand slam?
"if this is what you can call darts you can keep it" et al, did they get banned the following year? No.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Who is Ophion?
Roar Bustebakke, obviously.
Ophion
Steady Sixties

Post by Ophion »

[/quote]

Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D[/quote]

Try being the operative word here. Banning someone without a hearing or chance of appeal is a bit Right Wing in many people's eyes.

Vic Sexton has informed Mr Wagner that he could present his case the day before the Winmau in Hull, but that he definitely will not be participating in it?? Not sure what the sense of that is?

Only prerequisite being that Mr Wagner will himself have to incur the Hotel costs of the Officials who would preside over the hearing.

What World do these people live in?
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

WCDPA wrote:Devo I have spoke many tomes to Robert at various events and him and his wife were in the next room at lakeside for a week, his English has always seemed pretty good to me
I'm surprised he even got a word in. ;)
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Of course I am Dave after all they are the most professional darts org in the world who run things superbly , why shouldn't we compare what they would do if a similar situation arose, I believe although we can't compare with the PDC financially we should try to emulate their organisational skills. :D
Just stop dragging the PDC/BDO thing up at every opportunity. IT IS BORING!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Don't get your knickers in a twist Dave it's a valid comparison , where do I mention PDC in the countless posts about jersey???
So I'm wrong in saying what a superb job the PDC do ? and ask what they would do in a similar situation, it's certainly not Anti PDC . Countless times devo compares PDC and BDO yet I don't see you on his case:)
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:Don't get your knickers in a twist Dave it's a valid comparison , where do I mention PDC in the countless posts about jersey???
So I'm wrong in saying what a superb job the PDC do ? and ask what they would do in a similar situation, it's certainly not Anti PDC . Countless times devo compares PDC and BDO yet I don't see you on his case:)
Are you trying to get me in trouble Paul? :) I'm actually trying to cut down on the comparison and curb my anti BDO instincts. But to be fair i think in this case a comparison has some justification: if for example some people are knocking the BDO when they wouldn't if it was the PDC, or the BDO are doing actually what the PDC would do. But back to the topic:

I think my main point still stands though. A player makes these comments using his 3rd language and is banned with no hearing, right of reply etc. Other players make similar comments elsewhere using their 1st language but nothing is done. Now why is this? I would think that maybe because he MIGHT play at Ally pally they are out to 'get him'? Or people have been offended and have behaved not in a professional way but in an amatuer and reactionary way.

It's not right in my view. I am wondering what the +1,+2, +3 posters think in light of the letters we have seen. Surely wagner should have been given a chance to explain himself?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
I am simply reminding you of what the membership here wants, and they don't want that sort of thing.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ok Dave I will never mention how superb and well run the PDC is and should be a role model the BDO aspire too.