Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Dicie
International

Re: Robert Wagner

Post by Dicie »

Ginge wrote:
Dicie wrote:
Mr P. Neshead wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Last year at lakeside Deta wore her target shirt with logo on!
She only got away with it cos MF and the boys were so preoccupied with the antics of the pesky black shirted Russian.

Snarling black shirted Russian
Who plays mind games.
Who done all in her power to upset the 9 times world champion, and owner of the lakeside stage. The foreign bitch, Russian, coming here taking our jobs, and upsetting Trina, our golden girl. Bitch Russian.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They come over here, take our jobs, beat our golden girls....
Big Jock Knew
Mr P. Neshead
Superleague Player

Post by Mr P. Neshead »

Ginge wrote:They come over here, take our jobs, beat our golden girls....
Marry our Scousers.

Hold on, there could be a plus side.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Mr P. Neshead wrote:
Marry our Scousers.

Hold on, there could be a plus side.
Tony isnt a Scouser, he is from the other side of the M****y. So I believe :D
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

No golden girl, not girls. In fact in last months darts world she was referred to as "OUR golden girl", and comments made that people who knock her are out of order, by a BDO lady player.

back to op: i have watched the clip again and his tone does indicate he knew exactually what he was saying. But i make the point again: he says this straight after a victory in the heat of the moment. Others comment on social media knowing full well what they are saying. Spoken comments about the BDO are worse than written?

I hate saying this but would this had happened if he had been a British star?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

devosteve wrote:
No golden girl, not girls. In fact in last months darts world she was referred to as "OUR golden girl", and comments made that people who knock her are out of order, by a BDO lady player.

back to op: i have watched the clip again and his tone does indicate he knew exactually what he was saying. But i make the point again: he says this straight after a victory in the heat of the moment. Others comment on social media knowing full well what they are saying. Spoken comments about the BDO are worse than written?

I hate saying this but would this had happened if he had been a British star?
Imagine if Wallton had said it. :D
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote: Tony isnt a Scouser, he is from the other side of the M****y. So I believe :D
Not a woolly-back?? Oh, the shame!!! :DDD:
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Anastasia wore Unicorn and eventually used unicorn flights and stems and will be doing this at the Lakeside again in 2013, As no dart company is the main sponsor.

I have been informed that its a sponsors decision for the Winmau World Masters as they are the main sponsor as to why no other darts companies can be advertised, She will be using Unicorn flights and stems as will alot of other people I imagine plus other, other companies products, A180,Target,L-Style,Cosmo etc. There is know way on you can stop people using products from other companies, Advertising on a shirt is a different matter.

Imagine if Unicorn done this in the PDC, There would be world war 3. It would never happen in the PDC.
JFT97
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Bag Carrier wrote:
Anastasia wore Unicorn and eventually used unicorn flights and stems and will be doing this at the Lakeside again in 2013, As no dart company is the main sponsor.

I have been informed that its a sponsors decision for the Winmau World Masters as they are the main sponsor as to why no other darts companies can be advertised, She will be using Unicorn flights and stems as will alot of other people I imagine plus other, other companies products, A180,Target,L-Style,Cosmo etc. There is know way on you can stop people using products from other companies, Advertising on a shirt is a different matter.

Imagine if Unicorn done this in the PDC, There would be world war 3. It would never happen in the PDC.

How was vegas? you doing another write up
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Dicie wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

How was vegas? you doing another write up
It was good, went well,Yes defo doing write up. Just waiting on a reply from Dartslive as to if I can announce a few things :D
JFT97
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Bag Carrier wrote:

to be fair i can kind of see where they are coming from on this, the pulling of Ana just before she was aabout to play was totally out of order last year but all players want is a full and frank explanation of what is and is not allowed before they turn up. Winmau are the sponsors so it is only fair that they insist upon no Unicorn/Target shirts etc. However if a player chooses to use unicorn branded flights and stems then c'est la vie.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

nikkiboy wrote:
Bag Carrier wrote:

to be fair i can kind of see where they are coming from on this, the pulling of Ana just before she was aabout to play was totally out of order last year but all players want is a full and frank explanation of what is and is not allowed before they turn up. Winmau are the sponsors so it is only fair that they insist upon no Unicorn/Target shirts etc. However if a player chooses to use unicorn branded flights and stems then c'est la vie.
totally agree
JFT97
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The players brief as appears on idpa website and sent to counties , specifically includes this year dart flights!
Target funnily enough don't do deta's flights as she throws with 75mm ones they do say England on them but no company logos! Also states can wear county or country badges and flags .
Been told privately that split sponsors won't be allowed ! Avalon at lakeside couple of years ago designed a patch with 2 sponsors on it this I've been told won't be allowed lol.
Players Marshall will be extremely busy..............as if they haven't enough to do already lol.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

If Winmau insist that every player wears their logo - what's stopping the players wearing another logo as one of their personal sponsors?

Surely they don't object to Montgomery having "Kelvin Auto Services" as his?
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Well if they going to check everybodys flights and stems then good luck to them, There going to have there work cut out, What happens when people have there own logos on there flights that are made by another company, Kong,Bunty,Norris for example from A180, Not fair on these people really is it,A180 sell the Winmau products so cant see the issue.

I can just see Unicorn saying to the youth, We sponsor the tour, no other products bar Unicorn. Would never happen as they are not so petty.

If the BDO want to supply Anastasia with flights that are the same as hers that she plays with then I think she will use them. or maybe they can get the tip-ex out.
JFT97
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

checking flights and stems is totally ridiculous, imagine taking Andy Murray's favoured raquet off of him just before a match nd giving him a totally different one?

If you have practiced and played all year with a certain piece of equipment and it has been allowed then surely it is reasonable to assume iit would be allowed in the grand finals. They don't do themselves any favours do they?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Bag Carrier wrote:Well if they going to check everybodys flights and stems then good luck to them, There going to have there work cut out, What happens when people have there own logos on there flights that are made by another company, Kong,Bunty,Norris for example from A180, Not fair on these people really is it,A180 sell the Winmau products so cant see the issue.

I can just see Unicorn saying to the youth, We sponsor the tour, no other products bar Unicorn. Would never happen as they are not so petty.

If the BDO want to supply Anastasia with flights that are the same as hers that she plays with then I think she will use them. or maybe they can get the tip-ex out.
The only real time the flights will be shown in full glory is when they use the side-on camera angle. And lets be honest, we always get a 180 when they use that camera angle *

* © Tony Green, 1984
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

nikkiboy wrote:checking flights and stems is totally ridiculous, imagine taking Andy Murray's favoured raquet off of him just before a match nd giving him a totally different one?

If you have practiced and played all year with a certain piece of equipment and it has been allowed then surely it is reasonable to assume iit would be allowed in the grand finals. They don't do themselves any favours do they?

veryone will think im your mate but I agree 100% with you. People practice with stems and flights for certain periods to get things right, Some flights give a glare etc off the TV lights so have to use different ones.

This is just getting more and more petty, The new board are supposed to be helping the players, yet they dont seem to be helping them. I will be having a word with the players org to see what they can advise and help with :)
JFT97