Help is needed, not for me....

Details of who we are and what we do and why you should register and get involved in the biggest darts forum
Turkle
Feather Flights

Help is needed, not for me....

Post by Turkle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi to all,
Have been practising for about 4 months, managed one 180, quite a few 140's and lots of 100's, but that's not the reason I am here. I've set up two boards, one to reg, one lower for my seven year old, but set the bull at a height directly in line with the top of his head, just so it's kind of normal throwing height for him.

Anyways, he's just knocked out a 501 in 32 darts, needed 32 = D16, but hit a big 8 (wired it). He shouted for D8 until I reminded him of the maths, he added up and I told him, go for D12 straight on, you miss you got D6....bang on D12....501 in 32 darts!!!! I'm impressed, should I be?

I'm not saying he's gonna be a super star, but how can I help him improve? All advice is welcome.

Many thanks for any replies.

phil davies
International

Re: Help is needed, not for me....

Post by phil davies » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Practice,practice,practice is the only way for anyone to improve unless your lucky enought to have a lot of natural ability unfourtunetly I'm defenetly don't have much natural ability hence why I practice so much to improve my game. Match practice is invaluable.

But for a kid the most important thing is to enjoy yourself.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Turkle
Feather Flights

Post by Turkle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Phil,
Many thanks for your reply. He loves his darts, as do the three others, but he always wants his hour practise a night, and got to be a game of 501, 301 or straight 20's over 100 darts.

I'll keep him going, keep him practising (although not that that is needed), but I am no coach or pro....How do I teach him? Or do I let him do what he is doing and let him develope as he is?

Many thanks

Shit, I sound a bit pushy :D

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Only advice I'd give is let him do what he likes.

When he's older 13/14 ish if he still wants to play dars get him into a pub team if possible don't know about other areas but where I'm from we have many players from around 14 upwards playing in the pub leagues even played a 10 year old in local copetetion a few months back.Compettion makes you better I've improved greatly since I've started to play for my pub.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

Return to “Non Members - Please Read This Section”