Nixons comeback

Darting Humour
User avatar
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step
Posts: 13482
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am
Location: Peoples Republic of Cork
Contact:

Nixons comeback

Postby Justin Credible » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:31 am

Concentrating on Nixons efforts,and what would have been both the funniest and best comeback in History.

Had Adams lost that game after leading 6-0 in sets and 2-1 in legs in the final set, he would have seen out the rest of his amateur career as a job ber. Was just luck that he held on.

The comments added by people on youtube are priceless as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9598q0OuoNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqqd29MRuLY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eErhrWn5S8&feature=related
Image
Image

User avatar
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step
Posts: 13482
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am
Location: Peoples Republic of Cork
Contact:

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Justin Credible » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 am

the facial expressions at 6-6 sets were priceless

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Booji Boy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 am

Your obsession is starting to take over your life mate. Adams is a professional dart player and certainly not a job ber as you keep stating, even by trying to put a space in it and get round the swear filter. This is all wearing a bit thin.

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby WCDPA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 am

Justin mate just ask yourself Adams and Nixon where are they now?
September 2nd battle of world champions Adams v Lewis circus tavern.
Note WORLD champs. Then dates in Scotland against adie as well.
Getting very well paid for them.
Justifies his decision not to switch 3 world champs 3 world masters , getting exbos all over the place , Martin has provided for his family very well and still is in his 55th year!
Martin is not the most well liked player on the tour neither is phil ! Perhaps it's because they are the best .
Both of their careers will be on the slide in the next few years , the one good thing about that is that we won't have to put up with your constant posts about him .
Oops forgot on august 8th he has an appointment with the maroon jacket tailor.
Last edited by WCDPA on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 56090
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Ginge » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 am

The look on Sharons face is absolutely priceless!!
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
Dicie
International
Posts: 11120
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Dicie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am

Jobber

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 56090
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Ginge » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:27 am

Dicie wrote:player


????????
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

User avatar
Dicie
International
Posts: 11120
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Dicie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:27 am

We all easily seem to forget, that Adams choice to stop playing PDC events was sort of made for him, he was happy enough to mix it with taylor and the top lads and still hold the english captaincy...

User avatar
Dicie
International
Posts: 11120
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Dicie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:28 am

The Ginger Ninja wrote:
Dicie wrote:player


????????



Iwas checking what job ber was in the swear filter

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby WCDPA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am

Dicie wrote:We all easily seem to forget, that Adams choice to stop playing PDC events was sort of made for him, he was happy enough to mix it with taylor and the top lads and still hold the english captaincy...


To me life is about providing for your family love him or loathe him Martin has done very well for them.
Look at players or should I say ex players of a similar age who have to get by on occasional bits of tv work or exbos, where invariably you come away thinking , was a good night I remember them being better.
Do believe cracks are appearing in his game had a poor 6nations and British internationals on other hand won the Dutch.
He should get respect as the 3 times world champ and certainly doesn't deserve the abuse from 1or 2 posters here gets on here.
The man is doing his job and doing it very well.

User avatar
Dicie
International
Posts: 11120
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 am

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Dicie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am

WCDPA wrote:
Dicie wrote:We all easily seem to forget, that Adams choice to stop playing PDC events was sort of made for him, he was happy enough to mix it with taylor and the top lads and still hold the english captaincy...


To me life is about providing for your family love him or loathe him Martin has done very well for them.
Look at players or should I say ex players of a similar age who have to get by on occasional bits of tv work or exbos, where invariably you come away thinking , was a good night I remember them being better.
Do believe cracks are appearing in his game had a poor 6nations and British internationals on other hand won the Dutch.
He should get respect as the 3 times world champ and certainly doesn't deserve the abuse from 1or 2 posters here gets on here.
The man is doing his job and doing it very well.



Having shared a few pints with him in Ennis co clare at the europe cup a few yrs ago, he is a well spoken gent, likes a pint and enjoys the slagging ( he was at the time taking the p i ss outta how well his team mate looked in his red pants)

He was happy enough to play against the PDC lads, and i think vice verse to a certain extent, but the decision came, england captaincy and the BDO or PDC darts. He made a decision, and i respect him for it, he put the England (unpaid) job ahead of even his family

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby WCDPA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 am

Think the package to stay at BDO helped a tad dicie.
Spoke to Martin couple of years ago loves being captain of England and is Frank and open on a personal level that if best players in BDO keep switching makes it easier for him.
That's not his fault if they want to leave , he can only beat what's put in front of him.

User avatar
irishdartsfan
Steady Sixties
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby irishdartsfan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

WCDPA wrote:Think the package to stay at BDO helped a tad dicie.
Spoke to Martin couple of years ago loves being captain of England and is Frank and open on a personal level that if best players in BDO keep switching makes it easier for him.
That's not his fault if they want to leave , he can only beat what's put in front of him.


Convenient excuse , he's a coward taking the easy option and rightfully gets no respect from the top players

User avatar
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step
Posts: 13482
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am
Location: Peoples Republic of Cork
Contact:

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Justin Credible » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:59 pm

how long before the gimp twins blame me for this ?
Image
Image

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby WCDPA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 pm

irishdartsfan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Think the package to stay at BDO helped a tad dicie.
Spoke to Martin couple of years ago loves being captain of England and is Frank and open on a personal level that if best players in BDO keep switching makes it easier for him.
That's not his fault if they want to leave , he can only beat what's put in front of him.


Convenient excuse , he's a coward taking the easy option and rightfully gets no respect from the top players


must be terrible for him sitting at home counting all that money.
be honest irishdartsfan what would you do if offered a job that could earn you 400k if things go really well
or a much better chance of earning 200k, would you risk the security of your family or play safe?

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Booji Boy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Justin Credible wrote:how long before the gimp twins blame me for this ?


You started the thread :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

User avatar
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step
Posts: 13482
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am
Location: Peoples Republic of Cork
Contact:

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Justin Credible » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 pm

hardly a crime posting vidoe of darts in a dart section.

I was referring to getting the blame for "making" others insult the bdo
Image
Image

WCDPA
International
Posts: 19015
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby WCDPA » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:21 pm

dont worry justin forget about it.

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby Booji Boy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

WCDPA wrote:dont worry justin forget about it.


He cant, hes addicted to BDO baiting. He is beyond all hope. Even the offer of buying him a share to the sponsor scheme and all the access to the special places that goes with it was not enough to tempt him to stop. Poor soul is lost forever now.

User avatar
irishdartsfan
Steady Sixties
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Nixons comeback

Postby irishdartsfan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 pm

WCDPA wrote:
irishdartsfan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Think the package to stay at BDO helped a tad dicie.
Spoke to Martin couple of years ago loves being captain of England and is Frank and open on a personal level that if best players in BDO keep switching makes it easier for him.
That's not his fault if they want to leave , he can only beat what's put in front of him.


Convenient excuse , he's a coward taking the easy option and rightfully gets no respect from the top players


must be terrible for him sitting at home counting all that money.
be honest irishdartsfan what would you do if offered a job that could earn you 400k if things go really well
or a much better chance of earning 200k, would you risk the security of your family or play safe?


All about the money so , no ambition to be the best - means he gets no respect from me! :Irish2


Return to “Its a funny old game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest