International

2010 PDC World Darts Championship Final - Top Checkouts

Post by slymaster »

[youtube][/youtube]
littlelawrie
Brass Darts

Re: 2010 PDC World Darts Championship Final - Top Checkouts

Post by littlelawrie »

i couldn't believe the number of bull shots that were hit. taylor was pushed to play his best at times, particularly those three top outshots, 161, 167, 170. i also believe he left 122 (and took it out) as a psychological blow to whitlock, who had taken the same shot out repeatedly throughout the championship, including 3 times with 3 different methods against wade. he's got such a mental edge over everyone else.
though there was one thing that i didn't like about taylor. in his quarterfinal against lewis, first set, which taylor knew was key for him to win, i think he was 1-2 in legs down, but on a 125 outshot. he went bull, then missed outer and hit 10, miscounted and aimed for single 15. which leaves 50. but the scorer had miscounted and said taylor had 40 left, lewis wouldn't have watched so he wouldn't have noticed the error, and taylor then had 3 clear darts at tops, which he hit first dart. taylor must have known he was on 50, not 40, but he didn't correct the score. people in my pub league show more honesty than that. i'm not saying taylor wouldn't have hit the 50, but he would have had a dart less to do it in a crucial first set, and as far as i'm concerned he should have shown more honesty. myself and some of my student mates watching in the pub all noticed it. i didn't like it.
darts used: sigma pro 950 18g
highest checkout: 170
best 501: 15 darts
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

littlelawrie wrote: though there was one thing that i didn't like about taylor. in his quarterfinal against lewis, first set, which taylor knew was key for him to win, i think he was 1-2 in legs down, but on a 125 outshot. he went bull, then missed outer and hit 10, miscounted and aimed for single 15. which leaves 50. but the scorer had miscounted and said taylor had 40 left, lewis wouldn't have watched so he wouldn't have noticed the error, and taylor then had 3 clear darts at tops, which he hit first dart. taylor must have known he was on 50, not 40, but he didn't correct the score. people in my pub league show more honesty than that. i'm not saying taylor wouldn't have hit the 50, but he would have had a dart less to do it in a crucial first set, and as far as i'm concerned he should have shown more honesty. myself and some of my student mates watching in the pub all noticed it. i didn't like it.
Well I dont know. I have also seen mistakes to Taylors disadvantage which he did not correct.
You are saying he was dishonest. Maybe he was just concentrated. And he isnt the best "counter" imo.
Maybe he was dishonest.
I have also noticed it. But I wasnt playing in a World Championship Quarters in front of thousands + TV...

Then he went on to win the next 9 legs in a row...
Mike
Steady Sixties

Post by Mike »

I don't think Taylor did it on purpose.

As mentioned Taylor isn't the best counter, and I've seen him on more that one occasion leave himself a bogey number, where he has miscounted.
A well balanced Dart Player has a beer in each hand.
littlelawrie
Brass Darts

Post by littlelawrie »

i agree taylor's not the best counter. but still, im not sure... it may have just as you say been heat of battle, but i remain unconvinced.
darts used: sigma pro 950 18g
highest checkout: 170
best 501: 15 darts