Indy ref 2

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby Booji Boy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:33 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
I cannot think of a government that ever has. Not in recent history anyway.

This last bit all depends upon your perspective, there are millions of people who own their own home because of Thatcher but similarly there are people who lost as much because of the her also. Blair lied through his teeth and put this country into crippling debt and I won't even start on callaghan.

The problem now is that people's expectations have changed, when my parents got married they rented a single room in a shared house with shared toilet and stayed there for years until they saved money to move into a house. It was common for many families to live in the same house whereas nowadays unemployed parents think they have the right to a bigger council/HA house each time they pop out a new child and scream and shout until they get it, some people actually think that their mobile phone bill is a utility and necessity.

We as a society have become lazy and apathetic, the focus has moved from work hard and save for the future to get universal credit and stick it on finace and the stigma that was attached to people who didn't work years ago has disappeared and been replaced by almost a badge of honour that they haven't worked in years.
Of course as a society we should look after those less fortunate, those unable to work and those who just need a bit of support but I really struggle with professional benefit claimers who have never worked and have six kids then complain that the government don't give them enough money, in the old days if you couldn't afford to have any more kids then you didn't have them or waited until you could.

The UK spends a third of it's whole budget on benefits, more than it spends on the NHS, the police and the fire service combined and that is where we have to check that the people who need help are getting it whilst those who abuse the system get zero.


I think you are looking at the past through rose tinted spectacles mate. I was brought up on a council estate in the seventies and trust me there were plenty lazy shirkers cutting about back then just as there is now.

Oh and giving the wife the odd slap was also more acceptable back in those days as well :grin:


Wasn't even a punishable crime until the 1970s which is quite frightening in itself :)

Ditto on the council estate mate and I remember well how the pubs were full on Giro day :)

There always have been scroungers and fake sick note people and there always will be but does that make it right?
We all know people who don't work because they have an "illness", we've never seen them ill and some of the ones I know are fitter than me. In fact one I know plays weekend league football but his wife can't work because she is his carer and has to look after him. I know people who claim benefits and work cash in hand and people who claim to live alone but actually have their partner living with them.

Should we be paying these types of people when there are genuine people suffering hardship and could do with that money?

I happen to think not, worked all my life and as most of it has been self employed I couldn't afford to be ill and wouldn't get any sick pay even if I were.

Cant stand it mate. Me and the wife work full time and earn good money and yet I see these families at our school both parents not working 3 or 4 kids, new car, holidays abroad the fuucking lot. Does my napper right in so it does. We have to watch all our pennies and pay our holidays off throughout the year.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28139
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Booji Boy wrote:Cant stand it mate. Me and the wife work full time and earn good money and yet I see these families at our school both parents not working 3 or 4 kids, new car, holidays abroad the fuucking lot. Does my napper right in so it does. We have to watch all our pennies and pay our holidays off throughout the year.

Then with all due respect how can you stand to be a socialist?

I understand the mantra is more about looking after those who need it but every single socialist government and party have perverted it with loose policies that the scroungers easily take advantage of at the expense of the likes of you and I who work hard, work long hours and pay our way.
That is imo why a socialist government always ends up in financial trouble, they are fixated with taxing the rich or even the better off not realsising that their actions shrink the economy.
I never liked Blair but at least with his type of middle left labour politics you knew that he wouldn't chase business away.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby Booji Boy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Cant stand it mate. Me and the wife work full time and earn good money and yet I see these families at our school both parents not working 3 or 4 kids, new car, holidays abroad the fuucking lot. Does my napper right in so it does. We have to watch all our pennies and pay our holidays off throughout the year.

Then with all due respect how can you stand to be a socialist?

I understand the mantra is more about looking after those who need it but every single socialist government and party have perverted it with loose policies that the scroungers easily take advantage of at the expense of the likes of you and I who work hard, work long hours and pay our way.
That is imo why a socialist government always ends up in financial trouble, they are fixated with taxing the rich or even the better off not realsising that their actions shrink the economy.
I never liked Blair but at least with his type of middle left labour politics you knew that he wouldn't chase business away.


I am not sure what me being a socialist has to do with me not agreeing with people taking advantage of the benefit system?

Below are a list of countries that currently have "socialist" governments. Most of them are doing not too bad.

Denmark
Finland
Netherlands
Canada
Sweden
Norway
Ireland
New Zealand
Belgium

Of course we could add China to that list but their human rights record is appalling so I think not ;-)

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28139
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Cant stand it mate. Me and the wife work full time and earn good money and yet I see these families at our school both parents not working 3 or 4 kids, new car, holidays abroad the fuucking lot. Does my napper right in so it does. We have to watch all our pennies and pay our holidays off throughout the year.

Then with all due respect how can you stand to be a socialist?

I understand the mantra is more about looking after those who need it but every single socialist government and party have perverted it with loose policies that the scroungers easily take advantage of at the expense of the likes of you and I who work hard, work long hours and pay our way.
That is imo why a socialist government always ends up in financial trouble, they are fixated with taxing the rich or even the better off not realsising that their actions shrink the economy.
I never liked Blair but at least with his type of middle left labour politics you knew that he wouldn't chase business away.


I am not sure what me being a socialist has to do with me not agreeing with people taking advantage of the benefit system?

Below are a list of countries that currently have "socialist" governments. Most of them are doing not too bad.

Denmark
Finland
Netherlands
Canada
Sweden
Norway
Ireland
New Zealand
Belgium

Of course we could add China to that list but their human rights record is appalling so I think not ;-)

You missed out Russia, Cuba and Vietnam :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 28139
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby nikkiboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Andrew Marr interview with Diane Abbott the shadow home secretary here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... w-17122017

About 18:20 in. Marr asks about fifteen questions and she doesn't answer one of them, worth a watch because if Labour get in she will be making decisions.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO


21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
ifm
International
Posts: 19604
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby ifm » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:16 pm

nikkiboy wrote:Andrew Marr interview with Diane Abbott the shadow home secretary here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... w-17122017

About 18:20 in. Marr asks about fifteen questions and she doesn't answer one of them, worth a watch because if Labour get in she will be making decisions.

There are plenty of Abbott interviews where she shows just how thick she is, some hilarious but as you say she could be in a position to actually make decisions!
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Indy ref 2

Postby Booji Boy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 am

nikkiboy wrote:Andrew Marr interview with Diane Abbott the shadow home secretary here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b ... w-17122017

About 18:20 in. Marr asks about fifteen questions and she doesn't answer one of them, worth a watch because if Labour get in she will be making decisions.


She is useless and the weak link in the labour party.

However, I could post thousands of interviews with politicians where they refuse or cannot answer questions.

Did you see the video of the trump nominee getting interviewed about his legal credentials? CRINGE!!!!!!!


Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests