Ideas and recipes for dinner

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Ideas and recipes for dinner

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm

Paella tonight

Just thought I'd share :-)

uploadfromtaptalk1353776646174.jpg
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Conor74
Steady Sixties
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Conor74 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Lot of it there. You'll be sick of it half way through!

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 pm

First time I've made it, I'm not a lover of shellfish but wife wanted me to make her one.
It was really nice, great flavours.

Also made home made doner kebabs made with lamb mince - fekkin gorgeous, if anyone wants the recipe just let me know
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Chizzyfan
County Player
Posts: 3302
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Chizzyfan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

nikkiboy wrote:First time I've made it, I'm not a lover of shellfish but wife wanted me to make her one.
It was really nice, great flavours.

Also made home made doner kebabs made with lamb mince - fekkin gorgeous, if anyone wants the recipe just let me know
That would be nice... :D
Chizzyesque

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:First time I've made it, I'm not a lover of shellfish but wife wanted me to make her one.
It was really nice, great flavours.

Also made home made doner kebabs made with lamb mince - fekkin gorgeous, if anyone wants the recipe just let me know
That would be nice... :D

1kg lamb mince
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Easy recipe, put everything in a big bowl and mix, knead the mixture for a couple if minutes until the dry herbs are evenly mixed.

Place in a loaf tin and in a 180c oven for about an hour and a quarter. Take out, drain the fat and wrap the "loaf" in foil for 10 minutes before serving.
Slice up and serve in a pitta with salad, garlic or chili sauce. Try sour cream if you prefer.

You can adjust my recipe as you like, hotter add more pepper and cayenne, more herby add more oregano or if you like more texture substitute the garlic powder for real minced garlic and add some finely chopped onions to the mix.

Enjoy
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

fling
Superleague Player
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Paella for tea

Post by fling » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:32 pm

You will be swapping cleaning tips with Bradders next !!

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 pm

Hey just trying to bring a little light into your lives folks :grin:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58617
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Ginge » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:51 pm

This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Ginge wrote:This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

Hmmmm enjoy all those e numbers Bradders
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member
Posts: 23111
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by spaceman70 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:57 pm

nikkiboy wrote:Hey just trying to bring a little light into your lives folks :grin:

If you want any Turkish recipes to try I'm you man, love cooking so will give that a go. :D
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Ginge wrote:This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

Buy some pizza bases, mozzarella and passata and make yer own you lazy bugger, cheap and easy to do.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:03 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Hey just trying to bring a little light into your lives folks :grin:

If you want any Turkish recipes to try I'm you man, love cooking so will give that a go. :D

Dave I'm always up to try an authentic dish, any recipes stick them up and I'll give them a go
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58617
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Ginge » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

Buy some pizza bases, mozzarella and passata and make yer own you lazy bugger, cheap and easy to do.


I haven't had the time.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

Buy some pizza bases, mozzarella and passata and make yer own you lazy bugger, cheap and easy to do.


I haven't had the time.

Takes less time than opening the frozen box ninge and is never soggy in the middle.
Use cheap tinned pineapple, chorizo, pepperoni and pancetta - gorgeous
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 58617
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Ginge » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:21 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:This from the person who mocks elsewhere for having a "Tea" thread :D

I'll be having a pizza from Morrisons.

Buy some pizza bases, mozzarella and passata and make yer own you lazy bugger, cheap and easy to do.


I haven't had the time.

Takes less time than opening the frozen box ninge and is never soggy in the middle.
Use cheap tinned pineapple, chorizo, pepperoni and pancetta - gorgeous


Who said my pizza was a frozen one??

User avatar
Booji Boy
International
Posts: 28192
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Booji Boy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:54 pm

If you are going to make a pizza then you have to make the dough yersel. Shop bought bases are as crap as they come.

Goodfellas Speciale pepperoni pizzas are on offer in tescos at the mo and they are as good as any pizza I have had.

User avatar
Chizzyfan
County Player
Posts: 3302
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by Chizzyfan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:33 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Chizzyfan wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:First time I've made it, I'm not a lover of shellfish but wife wanted me to make her one.
It was really nice, great flavours.

Also made home made doner kebabs made with lamb mince - fekkin gorgeous, if anyone wants the recipe just let me know
That would be nice... :D

1kg lamb mince
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Easy recipe, put everything in a big bowl and mix, knead the mixture for a couple if minutes until the dry herbs are evenly mixed.

Place in a loaf tin and in a 180c oven for about an hour and a quarter. Take out, drain the fat and wrap the "loaf" in foil for 10 minutes before serving.
Slice up and serve in a pitta with salad, garlic or chili sauce. Try sour cream if you prefer.

You can adjust my recipe as you like, hotter add more pepper and cayenne, more herby add more oregano or if you like more texture substitute the garlic powder for real minced garlic and add some finely chopped onions to the mix.

Enjoy
Had this tonight!!! Tasted good. I didn't make it because I can't cook. :D
Chizzyesque

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Paella for tea

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:04 am

Excellent, anyone else who tries it let me know what you think

I think tomorrow's recipe may be either quiche or mozzarella and sun dried tomato pasties (wraps)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29057
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Ideas and recipes for dinner

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 am

Col wrote:If you are going to make a pizza then you have to make the dough yersel. Shop bought bases are as crap as they come.

Goodfellas Speciale pepperoni pizzas are on offer in tescos at the mo and they are as good as any pizza I have had.

Its fairly easy to make the dough col but who can be arsed with doing it when you can buy decent ready made bases for around 50p

Tip for pizzas, don't put pepperoni on top of the cheese, put the tomato on first, half the cheese, then salami and pepperoni and then the rest of the mozzarella on top, stops the salami from drying out and burning.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 23315
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: Ideas and recipes for dinner

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:07 am

I will try the kebab dish later this week and let you know how I get on.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Post Reply

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”