EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy

The EU - IN or OUT

In
41%
Out
49%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 41

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

Post by Lee Taylor » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Personally I'm undecided at this moment in time.

You guys have an opinion?

Garry Murphy
International

Re: EU Referendum - IN or OUT?

Post by Garry Murphy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:03 pm

you are 100% correct what you said earlier Lee
There are some great threads on here

Sadly this is not one of them ;-)

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:05 pm

Corkonian wrote:you are 100% correct what you said earlier Lee
There are some great threads on here

Sadly this is not one of them ;-)

:grin:

Garry Murphy
International

Post by Garry Murphy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:12 pm

joking aside

I remember back in the early 70s when it was the then EEC I remember asking my father why all the roads for example being built with EEC grants, and even as a child i knew you do not get anything for free and there must be a catch.
Ireland was one of the poor countries in the EEC and got more out of it than they put in, with germany, UK etc putting more in than getting out.

Fast forward to today, Ireland is putting in more than they get out of it as the poorer eastern european countries are the ones reaping the rewards,Ireland cannot really complain for milking the system and now its their turn to pay.

The UK is a different kettle of fish as they have always paid in more that got out so van fully understand they wanting out.
This notion it will affect exports etc does not hold water with me as people will still buy what they want and if the UK products are competitive they will still be bought regardless if they are in the EU or not.

I hope this satisfies your question Lee for my part. :grin:

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Corkonian wrote:joking aside

I remember back in the early 70s when it was the then EEC I remember asking my father why all the roads for example being built with EEC grants, and even as a child i knew you do not get anything for free and there must be a catch.
Ireland was one of the poor countries in the EEC and got more out of it than they put in, with germany, UK etc putting more in than getting out.

Fast forward to today, Ireland is putting in more than they get out of it as the poorer eastern european countries are the ones reaping the rewards,Ireland cannot really complain for milking the system and now its their turn to pay.

The UK is a different kettle of fish as they have always paid in more that got out so van fully understand they wanting out.
This notion it will affect exports etc does not hold water with me as people will still buy what they want and if the UK products are competitive they will still be bought regardless if they are in the EU or not.

I hope this satisfies your question Lee for my part. :grin:

I value your opinion dear boy.

The Crusader
County Player

Post by The Crusader » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:41 am

Undecided but leaning towards out.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Thinking of one.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:13 am

Out
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 am

Undecided . Tricky as will effect country for next 30 years.
I think it's a huge risk to leave and creates a lot of real risk over jobs. A lot of big companies use London as a base for EU.
I don't think EU law matters much, I would challenge anyone to name one law that they think we would have not created ourselves that actually materially impacts us on a national level.
Control of borders is an issue and would be easier on our own , especially as were an island . That's of course once we have decided what to do with the tens of thousands that France will let 'slip' into the tunnel !
The money is not a big deal, £9bn is not a massive amount as there are trade benefits that will net off against it.

All we can hope for is a good debate with real information . I fear they everyone in the media and the politicians all have their own agendas.

phil davies
International

Post by phil davies » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am

Out for me.
Founder of the Rune David fan club PM me to join

Current members Myself, revans180 and FlashDarts.

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Undecided, but leaning towards staying in.
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:26 pm

In all the way.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Col wrote:In all the way.

In with the UK or as an independent Scotland?

That's another issue that impacts this one, if the Hhhh woman North of the border manages to con her way to another referendum and they believe her patter and vote for bankruptcy independence then it would impact the rest of the UK less if we are all still in the eu, if the Scots break away after we've left the eu then it leaves the UK in a much weaker position.

If we get assurances that there will be no break up of the union I'm definitely an out, if not then for the sake of the UK we will probably be better staying in so I'd vote that way.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:19 pm

If England vote to leave and the majority in Scotland vote to stay in Europe then you can guarantee that there will be another referendum. Rightly so as well.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:30 pm

Like I said any excuse, by that logic if the majority of Cornwall vote to leave the eu then they should go for independence.

You had your vote and decided to stay in, there should now be some sort of thirty year bar upon another such vote otherwise companies will shy away from investment in Scotland (and to some degree the uk) because of the political instability that is being created.
With this desire for power and constant talk of another referendum sturgeon is doing irreparable damage to the Scottish economy, unfortunately she cannot see it, all she can see is the mental image of a photo shoot with her standing next to ankela Merkel and David Cameron.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:41 pm

A load of utter hogwash nikki.

You and I will never agree on this so I am out.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:48 pm

nikkiboy wrote:Like I said any excuse, by that logic if the majority of Cornwall vote to leave the eu then they should go for independence.

You had your vote and decided to stay in, there should now be some sort of thirty year bar upon another such vote otherwise companies will shy away from investment in Scotland (and to some degree the uk) because of the political instability that is being created.
With this desire for power and constant talk of another referendum sturgeon is doing irreparable damage to the Scottish economy, unfortunately she cannot see it, all she can see is the mental image of a photo shoot with her standing next to ankela Merkel and David Cameron.

Scotland don't get a separate vote anyway so who cares, their vote will be counted amongst the rest of the UK, democracy at work.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:51 pm

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Like I said any excuse, by that logic if the majority of Cornwall vote to leave the eu then they should go for independence.

Scotland don't get a separate vote anyway so who cares, their vote will be counted amongst the rest of the UK, democracy at work.

You did a dog botherer there and ignored the post my reply was to, Col said if the majority of Scots vote differently to the rest of the UK then that's a reason to have another independence referendum.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:52 pm

ifm wrote:

But if Scotland votes to stay in the eu and the rest of the U.K votes to leave then that gives the SNP a clear mandate to call another referendum. One which they would be favourites to win.

This scenario has been known for years since Dave promised a referendum.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Well Blair promised one too btw.
I don't think you understand democracy, you can't have a fair vote and if you don't like it change the circumstances until you get what you want.
That isn't democracy is it?

Madsocks

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Also you seem to be separating Scotland from the UK for some strange reason, it is part of the UK, there was a referendum on that one too ;)

Madsocks

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”