EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy

The EU - IN or OUT

In
41%
Out
49%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 41

nikkiboy
International

Re: EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 am

Booji Boy wrote:Looks like Brexit is now well and truly fuuucked. Idiot government trying to offer NI a deal that effectively meant them staying in the single market/customs union. This government could not run a tap.

Which would have secured a back door for London's financial passporting and for UK companies to open an office in Belfast allowing them to access all of the EU bureacracy free thus giving a boost to the NI, UK and Irish economies, this would have been an extremely clever move and hopefully it will still come off.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:07 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:Looks like Brexit is now well and truly fuuucked. Idiot government trying to offer NI a deal that effectively meant them staying in the single market/customs union. This government could not run a tap.

Which would have secured a back door for London's financial passporting and for UK companies to open an office in Belfast allowing them to access all of the EU bureacracy free thus giving a boost to the NI, UK and Irish economies, this would have been an extremely clever move and hopefully it will still come off.

Were you laughing when you wrote this?

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 am

Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Nope absolutely serious and if you look back on my posts previous on the subject I mooted this months ago, NI gets special status much like Jersey etc. and as such becomes the UK's back door into those markets that even a free trade deal cannot open up.

The only people happy with this falling through are those willing to wreck the UK and it's future just so that they can get Corbyn in number ten where he can finish the job and make us a third world economy again.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:18 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Nope absolutely serious and if you look back on my posts previous on the subject I mooted this months ago, NI gets special status much like Jersey etc. and as such becomes the UK's back door into those markets that even a free trade deal cannot open up.

The only people happy with this falling through are those willing to wreck the UK and it's future just so that they can get Corbyn in number ten where he can finish the job and make us a third world economy again.

The DUP are refusing to back any deal that means NI get a different deal to the rest of the UK. Rightly so as well. Wales and Scotland and even London have jumped all over this and again rightly so.

NI get the same deal as the uk. Thats the long and short of it. There will be no "backdoors" into europe as you have mooted.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

The DUP are refusing to back any deal that means NI get a different deal to the rest of the UK. Rightly so as well. Wales and Scotland and even London have jumped all over this and again rightly so.

NI get the same deal as the uk. Thats the long and short of it. There will be no "backdoors" into europe as you have mooted.

NI cannot have the same deal because of it's land border with Eire otherwise the EU will have to place border crossings between it and the rest of Ireland and absolutely nobody wants that. Therefore NI has to be treated as a special area and that is also the exact reason why Wales, Scotland and London do not want it because NI would garner more investment than those areas. What they and we have to look at is the bigger picture, if NI being given special status gets a free trade deal then the rest of the UK is mostly unaffected by the possible negatives of Brexit whilst will be free to explore the new markets and positives of Brexit.
This is a win win deal for everyone except those with a political agenda to make it fail.

I fully see the DUP's position, they believe that any pull away from direct UK rule will bring the calls for a united Ireland. As long as it is done correctly then nothing changes from the position now - except NI has a great opportunity for prosperity.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

I see that this is going well.

Transition period extended, fishermen getting shafted.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Booji Boy wrote:I see that this is going well.

Going better than expected Col, loads of things agreed, the sky has not fallen in and the economy is growing. Although I personally don't agree with a transition period it is because of all the nay sayers and doom and gloomers that it had to be brought in, as for the fishermen after 40 years of the Spanish nicking our fish I doubt the fishermen will be that concerned about waiting another year as long as we get full control of our waters.

When is the apocalypse now Col, do you have a new date because everything the remainers predicted would happen is overdue isn't it?

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 pm

nikkiboy wrote:

Going better than expected Col, loads of things agreed, the sky has not fallen in and the economy is growing. Although I personally don't agree with a transition period it is because of all the nay sayers and doom and gloomers that it had to be brought in, as for the fishermen after 40 years of the Spanish nicking our fish I doubt the fishermen will be that concerned about waiting another year as long as we get full control of our waters.

When is the apocalypse now Col, do you have a new date because everything the remainers predicted would happen is overdue isn't it?
Re the transition period. I think they must be using google maps.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:32 pm

nikkiboy wrote:

Nik.

I accept the result of the referendum, but there will be bumps along the way and I will be for sure commenting on them.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:33 pm

nikkiboy wrote:

Problem is the loonie leftie remoaners are still being allowed a say.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

All those B roads :)

It makes sense I suppose and gives people another 18 months to moan about it

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Btw, the fishing thing is an interesting one as the majority of our catch is exported to Europe.

I am not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:35 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

All those B roads :)

It makes sense I suppose and gives people another 18 months to get it right
I sure hope so.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Nik.

I accept the result of the referendum, but there will be bumps along the way and I will be for sure commenting on them.
As will I.

It will be give and take on both sides but in a perverse way the poisonings in Salisbury have played into the UK's hands, a strong Russia is a massive threat to the baltic countries, Poland and Germany and whether they like it or not they need the UK's intelligence info and military might. Our bargaining position have gotten a wee bit stronger but a long way to go.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Booji Boy wrote:Btw, the fishing thing is an interesting one as the majority of our catch is exported to Europe.

I am not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.
We don't eat a lot of the fish that is caught off the UK and that is something that we will have to change. Cannot see any tariffs being introduced on food sales between the UK and the EU so the only difference after we leave proper will be the boats will come under the control of the UK which will pump a lot more money into our economy.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am

Brexit camp cheated in the referendum, majority of UK citizens would of voted stay if they were not misinformed...........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:33 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:Brexit camp cheated in the referendum, majority of UK citizens would of voted stay if they were not misinformed...........
Like that 8% extra spend made a difference lol.

Arranmore180
Feather Flights

Post by Arranmore180 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:07 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:Brexit camp cheated in the referendum, majority of UK citizens would of voted stay if they were not misinformed...........
How do you know how anyone would have voted ? Politicans always lie, it’s comes down to who the best liners are.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 am

Arranmore180 wrote:
How do you know how anyone would have voted ? Politicans always lie, it’s comes down to who the best liners are.
The same way I knew Putin would get voted in again, people who are told the same thing again and again start to believe it. That's the problem in a country where the media is biased.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Arranmore180 wrote:
The same way I knew Putin would get voted in again, people who are told the same thing again and again start to believe it. That's the problem in a country where the media is biased.
The print media is massively biased. Thankfully the broadcast media is not.

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”