EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy

The EU - IN or OUT

In
41%
Out
49%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 41

Paddy McGinty
International

Re: EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

Post by Paddy McGinty » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 am

Booji Boy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Arranmore180 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Brexit camp cheated in the referendum, majority of UK citizens would of voted stay if they were not misinformed...........
How do you know how anyone would have voted ? Politicans always lie, it’s comes down to who the best liners are.
The same way I knew Putin would get voted in again, people who are told the same thing again and again start to believe it. That's the problem in a country where the media is biased.
The print media is massively biased. Thankfully the broadcast media is not.
What about social media content, so much propaganda there..........loads of ignorant people re-posting this biased shite.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:06 am

Mind you anyone who gets their news off of Facebook is a complete moron anyway and was probably more like to stab themself in the eye with the pencil than put an X on the ballot paper.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:40 am

nikkiboy wrote:Mind you anyone who gets their news off of Facebook is a complete moron anyway and was probably more like to stab themself in the eye with the pencil than put an X on the ballot paper.
True....same as the folk who voted to leave.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:54 am

The selfish Brexiteers are ruining our country........... I will never forgive you.

The Crusader
County Player

Post by The Crusader » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 am

Proud brexiteer and still 100% happy with my vote. The more I see of the EU the more it makes me realise what a god damn awful institution it is.
Thinking of one.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 pm

The Crusader wrote:Proud brexiteer and still 100% happy with my vote. The more I see of the EU the more it makes me realise what a god damn awful institution it is.
Yet you have confidence in our government which is disintegrating before our eyes.......what a muppet, all the time our country is going to the dogs.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:54 pm

No matter what she brought back it would have been the same, I do laugh how every Labour MP in the PMs statement today stated that the decision should be given back to the people, i.e. they want a second referrendum. In other word keep voting until you come back with the result we want.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

nikkiboy wrote:No matter what she brought back it would have been the same, I do laugh how every Labour MP in the PMs statement today stated that the decision should be given back to the people, i.e. they want a second referrendum. In other word keep voting until you come back with the result we want.
Completely wrong there....labour are hoping for a general election.......

Now people know the full consequences its only right they should vote again on Brexit. I don't blame people for originally voting on a pack of lies.

Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Would be a bigger majority for OUT if they had a 2nd referendum.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:21 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:No matter what she brought back it would have been the same, I do laugh how every Labour MP in the PMs statement today stated that the decision should be given back to the people, i.e. they want a second referrendum. In other word keep voting until you come back with the result we want.

Now people know the full consequences its only right they should vote again on Brexit. I don't blame people for originally voting on a pack of lies.
Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonell would bankrupt the country within three years, and don't get me started on what mess Diane Abbott would cause.

The sticking point seems to be the clause in the backstop that requires mutual consent to end should it ever get implimented (which I doubt), get that wording changed to unilateral and we have a deal.
I do laugh at some moaning that the terms are unacceptable because we will still be under EU rules for exports for that period when we are under them NOW and if Brexit is cancelled we will remain under those same rules.

Political gains ahead of the national interest, shameful.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Would be a bigger majority for OUT if they had a 2nd referendum.
Absolutely and Jacob Rees Mogg would be PM and we would leave with roughly the same deal, that's the funny thing.

The Irish border thing is the smell that's stinking up the deal, the EU gave assurances to Varadkar that there would be no physical border, Varadkar says there will be no physical border and May says there will be no physical border. The whole thing is a power struggle and dick wave between the republicans and unionists on both sides, a complete misdirection in order for the EU to get certain concessions from the UK.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:51 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonell would bankrupt the country within three years, and don't get me started on what mess Diane Abbott would cause.

The sticking point seems to be the clause in the backstop that requires mutual consent to end should it ever get implimented (which I doubt), get that wording changed to unilateral and we have a deal.
I do laugh at some moaning that the terms are unacceptable because we will still be under EU rules for exports for that period when we are under them NOW and if Brexit is cancelled we will remain under those same rules.

Political gains ahead of the national interest, shameful.
that sums it up well. Its all about playing Politics with our future. Labour only care about a general election and have not got a clue what they would actually do, if by keeping open the possibility of a new vote gets them in power then so be it ( which to be fair is what Cameron had to do to keep his job as well). And the hard Brexiteers are doing the same, they just want to get in charge, when in reality most of their criticisms they have will go away after this transition period anyway, they are being very sneaky by raising issues that will be long forgotten in 3 years.
its going to be 6 months of chaos as politicians manoeuvre themselves into position.

Oh, and then there are the loonys who want a new vote and think it would be different!! I voted remain but realise that that time is gone now. Decision has been made and we need to get on with it. A new vote woudl go the same. 90% of the people i know who voted leave have probably not watched the news in the last 2 years so would vote the same way.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Well I'll know who to blame then......

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”