EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy

The EU - IN or OUT

In
38%
Out
52%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 48

nikkiboy
International

Re: EU Referendum - IN or OUT? - POLL ADDED

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Deal tonight, all hinges on the NI border arrangements. Cmon Boris
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:47 am

In the bag it seems.

ILAD
Pub Champion

Post by ILAD » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:28 am

ChrisW wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:47 am
In the bag it seems.
Not according to the DUP.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm

ILAD wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:28 am
ChrisW wrote:
In the bag it seems.
They'll back it by the weekend.

ILAD
Pub Champion

Post by ILAD » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:14 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:02 pm
ILAD wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
In the bag it seems.
I admire your optimism.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 pm

ILAD wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:14 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
In the bag it seems.
I admire your optimism.
The sticky bit is that the new text says a 'majority vote' in the NI assembly can agree or dismiss the customs proposals on a rolling agreement and they want the text changed to have 'full agreement agreement between unionists and republicans' to be removed or renewed. It is a matter that I am sure (or at least I hope) will be tweaked.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm

I'm beyond caring now. Sky News have even started a non-Brexit version of their channel on Sky 523, so even they realise people dont give a stuff anymore.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Ginge wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm
I'm beyond caring now. Sky News have even started a non-Brexit version of their channel on Sky 523, so even they realise people dont give a stuff anymore.
I think this is why these MPs should just vote for the deal and let's leave or this will go on and on for years.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:20 pm
ILAD wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
In the bag it seems.
I admire your optimism.
The sticky bit is that the new text says a 'majority vote' in the NI assembly can agree or dismiss the customs proposals on a rolling agreement and they want the text changed to have 'full agreement agreement between unionists and republicans' to be removed or renewed. It is a matter that I am sure (or at least I hope) will be tweaked.
No chance it will be tweaked. Its a red line on the Republic side. You either piss of Republic Ireland - and therefore don't get the EU to agree. Or you piss of NI and hope to squeeze it past parliament.
He has chosen the latter. It was always going to come down to this. These are red lines that were never going to be moved by either side - ever.

As always the only way forward is a general election but stupidly Boris has staked his leadership on his silly 'die in a ditch' 31st Oct deadline. Stupid stupid mistake.
All he has to do is delay, have an election, probably win it and get this deal through.
He was stupid setting his own red line when he was campaigning to be leader. He didn't need to, schoolboy error and he will probably pay the price as there will almost certainly be a confirmatory referendum now - and it is his own doing.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Skewball wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote:

I admire your optimism.
No chance it will be tweaked. Its a red line on the Republic side. You either piss of Republic Ireland - and therefore don't get the EU to agree. Or you piss of NI and hope to squeeze it past parliament.
He has chosen the latter. It was always going to come down to this. These are red lines that were never going to be moved by either side - ever.

As always the only way forward is a general election but stupidly Boris has staked his leadership on his silly 'die in a ditch' 31st Oct deadline. Stupid stupid mistake.
All he has to do is delay, have an election, probably win it and get this deal through.
He was stupid setting his own red line when he was campaigning to be leader. He didn't need to, schoolboy error and he will probably pay the price as there will almost certainly be a confirmatory referendum now - and it is his own doing.
You don't think that this has been factored in? There won't be a 2nd referendum because there is no guarantee that the EU will allow an extension, why would they now? If the UK parliament does not pass this revised deal then where do they go? The EU will not give a delay because the only reason would be a general election and if that were to happen then the Con/Brexit Party alliance would clean up leading to a no deal exit and more pressure on the EU to give up more ground. As I type Junker has said there will be no more extensions as they have a deal.

They pass this deal or there will be a no deal exit on 31st October.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:30 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Skewball wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
ILAD wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I admire your optimism.

You don't think that this has been factored in? There won't be a 2nd referendum because there is no guarantee that the EU will allow an extension, why would they now? If the UK parliament does not pass this revised deal then where do they go? The EU will not give a delay because the only reason would be a general election and if that were to happen then the Con/Brexit Party alliance would clean up leading to a no deal exit and more pressure on the EU to give up more ground. As I type Junker has said there will be no more extensions as they have a deal.

They pass this deal or there will be a no deal exit on 31st October.
Then Pariliament will vote to revoke Article 50 and hold a general election/referendum. At the very least it will put a new interim leader in who will ask and will get an extension (anyone who thinks the EU will not agree to an extension if there is a chance of Brexit not happening is in cloud cukoo land - its manna from heaven)

There is only one thing Parliament agree on - No to a no-deal brexit.

I don't agree with it but it is the only thing that gets a majority, now more than ever that there are the 20 sacked Tory MP's. That makes any vote that stop a no deal will get through. Only the Goverment wants a no-deal - and they don't have a majority - so it wont happen, one way or another.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:53 pm

They don't have the majority to revoke A50, no-one not even labour MPs want Corbyn as interim PM and the law states that we leave on Oct 31st.

There is no majority for a 2nd ref as it would have to be followed by a GE and those Labour MPs, some 250 of which were elected in seats that voted to leave, would struggle to hold onto their seats at a GE, the likes of Soubry, Gyamah, Grieve et al would lose to the tories.

In all scenarios it's this deal or a no deal Brexit, possibly in 3 months after a GE

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Here you go Skewy, Junker a few minutes ago.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:53 pm
They don't have the majority to revoke A50, no-one not even labour MPs want Corbyn as interim PM and the law states that we leave on Oct 31st.

There is no majority for a 2nd ref as it would have to be followed by a GE and those Labour MPs, some 250 of which were elected in seats that voted to leave, would struggle to hold onto their seats at a GE, the likes of Soubry, Gyamah, Grieve et al would lose to the tories.

In all scenarios it's this deal or a no deal Brexit, possibly in 3 months after a GE
uh? now you are contradicting yourself, where is your 3 months come from?! you said: "They pass this deal or there will be a no deal exit on 31st October." lol

There IS a majority to avoid no - deal. They can do that by putting in an interim PM and then asking for a long extension - which the EU will give them as it will be for a GE/2nd Referendum. Anyway, looks like you have now flip flopped so I am not quite sure what you are saying now.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Skewball wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm
nikkiboy wrote:

uh? now you are contradicting yourself, where is your 3 months come from?! you said: "They pass this deal or there will be a no deal exit on 31st October." lol

There IS a majority to avoid no - deal. They can do that by putting in an interim PM and then asking for a long extension - which the EU will give them as it will be for a GE/2nd Referendum. Anyway, looks like you have now flip flopped so I am not quite sure what you are saying now.
There will be no extension, look at what Junker has just said, 'there will be no prorogation'

I am not contradicting myself, but if they put say Clark in as temporary PM and they somehow manage to get an extension then it would have to be for a GE which they would lose and the EU will risk a no deal con/brexit alliance.

The way they avoid no deal is to VOTE FOR A DEAL and if they fail to do so there will be a no deal exit because they did not back the deal.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:19 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm
Skewball wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm
nikkiboy wrote:

There will be no extension, look at what Junker has just said, 'there will be no prorogation'

I am not contradicting myself, but if they put say Clark in as temporary PM and they somehow manage to get an extension then it would have to be for a GE which they would lose and the EU will risk a no deal con/brexit alliance.

The way they avoid no deal is to VOTE FOR A DEAL and if they fail to do so there will be a no deal exit because they did not back the deal.
??

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm

The gov say no extension, the EU say no extension but with this shower of shite parliament led by a biased speaker they may find a way to conjour up a way to get the EU to agree to one based upon the chaos they create, vote of no confidence etc.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
The gov say no extension, the EU say no extension but with this shower of shite parliament led by a biased speaker they may find a way to conjour up a way to get the EU to agree to one based upon the chaos they create, vote of no confidence etc.
Well done for getting there in the end.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Skewball wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Well done for getting there in the end.
Here's one for you, see if you can spot the obvious omission in the Burt/Benn act:

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I'm not reading all that ffs.

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”