Sign this petition to keep the walk on girls in darts

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Sign this petition to keep the walk on girls in darts

Post by Ginge » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Astonvilla wrote:What a weird world this has become when even a darts forum is talking about people "changing " gender.
Leave Julie Gore alone!

Booji Boy
International

Re: Sign this petition to keep the walk on girls in darts

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/just ... -gm77qd9gn

#whataplonker

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Booji Boy wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/just ... -gm77qd9gn

#whataplonker

Col I thought you were clever, did you read it?

As in my post above they are recommendations that are being consulted on and the conservative 2nd in command has already stated that there will be amendments as they are against a legal swap of gender before surgery.

By the way the article says this: Plans for self-identification were included in the Labour manifesto, though not the Conservative one. The Gender Recognition Bill did not appear in the Queen’s Speech.

The current government guidelines:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recognition-certificate

#readabitmore
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:51 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/just ... -gm77qd9gn

#whataplonker

Col I thought you were clever, did you read it?

As in my post above they are recommendations that are being consulted on and the conservative 2nd in command has already stated that there will be amendments as they are against a legal swap of gender before surgery.

By the way the article says this: Plans for self-identification were included in the Labour manifesto, though not the Conservative one. The Gender Recognition Bill did not appear in the Queen’s Speech.

The current government guidelines:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-gender-recognition-certificate

#readabitmore
It was a tory that was taking it forward. Not the loony left as you vehemently stated. Oh and its still not dead in the water. Did you actually read the mirror link you posted?

Furthermore your assertion that this will give perverts free reign to ponce about in womens toilets is completely without evidence or substance.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:54 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3famp

Hmmm which government was planning to do this in the middle of last year. Was it a loony left government?

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Who is this loony left mp?

"Equalities minister Justine Greening said: “This Government is committed to building an inclusive society that works for everyone, no matter what their gender or sexuality, and today we’re taking the next step forward."

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Why was this moved?

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Booji Boy wrote:Why was this moved?

Which post was the last one that was remotely about darts. ;-)

Whilst those that are contributing are involved in a good debate, thought it more relevant to General Discussion.

PL 2013 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2014 Week 4 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Booji Boy wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3famp

Hmmm which government was planning to do this in the middle of last year. Was it a loony left government?

Which bit in that article did you fail to understand Col?

The bit where the government is "consulting" on a parliamentary equality commission report into gender reassignment, and incidentally they are obliged to look into recommendations from them, maybe it was the bit where it was stated that it was not in the queen's speech so will not be discussed in parliament in this session or maybe you missed the bit where the Labour Party has put it in their manifesto prior to the election that they would bring it into law?

Show me where this is being brought into law please?
Just the dates policy was finalised and when it was or will be debated will do.

Given the fact that a decision was delayed again and the second most powerful tory in the government said last week it was being amended as I'd stated previously I'm intrigued to know what you know and hansard and the rest of the western world doesn't.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Booji Boy wrote:Who is this loony left mp?

"Equalities minister Justine Greening said: “This Government is committed to building an inclusive society that works for everyone, no matter what their gender or sexuality, and today we’re taking the next step forward."

Garry Murphy
International

Post by Garry Murphy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm

feminazis, the pc brigade and other so called liberal minded people who have decided they know what is best for everyone tell us homosexuals, transgenders, and all those people have the right to live their lives as they see fit and all are normal people. These people can act how they like and its their right.

But if a woman wearing a minskirt and a low cut top with her tits nearly popping out walks past me , a straight man, I am the pervert for looking. I am somehow not allowed my right to be what I am.
I am the one who is seemingly demeaning her because I have given her the attention she obviously wanted when she chose to wear that.
Women want attention, that is why they want to look good, wear things not made for comfort like thongs, heels etc, and even undergo surgery, so that can look good for others.

You will find most of the "women" who claim to be for womens rights are more likely just man hating ladies, and all ladies are bitter angry people.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:43 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:feminazis, the pc brigade and other so called liberal minded people who have decided they know what is best for everyone tell us homosexuals, transgenders, and all those people have the right to live their lives as they see fit and all are normal people. These people can act how they like and its their right.

But if a woman wearing a minskirt and a low cut top with her tits nearly popping out walks past me , a straight man, I am the pervert for looking. I am somehow not allowed my right to be what I am.
I am the one who is seemingly demeaning her because I have given her the attention she obviously wanted when she chose to wear that.
Women want attention, that is why they want to look good, wear things not made for comfort like thongs, heels etc, and even undergo surgery, so that can look good for others.

You will find most of the "women" who claim to be for womens rights are more likely just man hating ladies, and all ladies are bitter angry people.
Have you self determined as a pervert or has someone told you are one?

If you are just looking at the woman and not leering and shouting show us yer tits love, I cannot see you getting in to any trouble.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Barry Hearn distancing himself from this:-

https://www.reddragondarts.com/info/hea ... een-light/
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:08 pm

A grid girls message to Col and the other loony lefties:-

Hannah James
18 hrs ·
Ok, I have had enough of people talking for me so here is what I think regarding the banning of grid girls:

The issue at the moment is there are too many people being offended on behalf of people who are not offended at all!

Firstly, I absolutely LOVE my job. Secondly, I CHOOSE to do this job. Nobody forces me or any other grid girl to do it. Some of us do it full time, some like me do it alongside other work. The idea that grid girls are no more than a pretty face infuriates me; I am about to finish my degree and qualify as a Social Worker, there are grid girls that are lawyers, accountants, models, mums, it varies so much!

We work hard to build up a good reputation and a good relationship with our clients. I work in British Superbikes and Road Racing where it feels like we are one big family; why should I be taken away from that because somebody who has never worked a day in my shoes thinks they know what is best for me?

With regards to the outfits being too sexy and us women being objectified; let me clarify something. I NEVER work a job unless I am happy with the outfit. When I do grid work I am always 100% comfortable with what I wear and I do not feel any more objectified wearing what I do on the grid than I do if I put on a nice dress or some smart jeans to go out. What will be next, will swimwear models be banned because what they are wearing in catalogues is too revealing?

As my friend and fellow grid girl Giorgia Davies said; this has all happened because some girls were treated disrespectfully at an event .. so how about instead of banning the girls to eradicate the problem, we educate men and women that it is NOT ok to disrespect other people!!

My final gripe with all of this, is these so called feminists are giving real feminists a bad name! I am a feminist because I want women to be equal, I don’t want there to be discrimination in the work place if women choose to have babies, and I want women to feel empowered. So to have a ‘feminist’ sit on a talk show saying how she thinks grid girls should be banned, thus meaning a loss of job and income for women is completely contradictory.

Sidenote – men work as promotional models too! But with regards to being on the grid, as the sport is predominantly males, they (usually) prefer to have a female holding their umbrella, although I have seen female riders with male grid guys!

A suggestion was made that women should be given jobs in other areas such as commentating or spannering .. for those of you who don’t know, this already happens!

On a positive note I am so glad to see all of us women affected standing together fighting this

#saveourgridgirls #womensrights
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:57 pm

The years of being forced into objectifying herself have obviously taken their toll on this poor girl, her mind has gone. It's a good thing that there are feminists out there who know what's best for her and will strive to free her from this enforced slavery.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 pm

"In my position as a female within motorsport for over 25 years, the use of 'grid girls' wasn't something that offended me.

Neither was it something I saw as one of Formula 1's priorities to change to allow the sport to evolve.

The owners of F1 are saying it is not what they want to see as an image representing the sport, and it is not what they want to portray the sport as.

'Grid girls' were a tradition within the sport. At most races they are well dressed and representing top luxury brands. At the Austrian Grand Prix they were in traditional dress (the dirndl) and it was perceived as an honour to be picked as a 'grid girl' for an F1 Grand Prix.

During my time racing in German Touring Cars for Mercedes-Benz, I can recall getting into one conversation with a 'grid girl' while waiting for my parade lap to start. She was a medical student who found it fascinating to be so close to the racing car and on the grid just before the race start.

You can say, on a positive note, that the owners of F1 have made a clear statement with their decision. This is not going to change overnight the lack of female representation in motorsport but could it be a step in the right direction? I believe so.

I set up the Dare To Be Differentorganisation to try to promote efforts to make a step-change, to drive female talent.

Let's take the successful women in the sport and make role models out of them to inspire others. Let's get school girls around an F1 show car and allow them to dream. Let's increase the talent pool of girls and women entering the sport.

The next generation are now in prominent roles within teams and in the management of F1. From my personal experience they are a lot more open to the fact that women are capable of achieving the same things as men in a competitive and performance-based environment.

I am watching with curiosity and hope. Grid girls are gone, like it or not, but more importantly - what's next on the agenda?"

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 pm

Well said susie.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am

Barry Hearn interviewed on Five Live this morning. He has certainly changed his tune. Good man.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Another cracking day for the loony lefties.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”