Cost for a conservatory replacement?

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Cost for a conservatory replacement?

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:44 pm

So ive just had one of these companies come round and offer me a quote to replace my old conservatory and Ive no idea if its good or bad.

Its 12sq meters but at the minute its completely unusable as its too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer.

The company have offered to take the old frame, roof and glass out. Brick one wall to roof height, new frame and windows, new door and one of those new insulated roofs.

Quote was just shy of £14,000

Good? bad? terrible?

nikkiboy
International

Re: Cost for a conservatory replacement?

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Sounds par for the course to me but get another quote and that'll tell you where it's at.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:08 am

Zapp Brannigan wrote:So ive just had one of these companies come round and offer me a quote to replace my old conservatory and Ive no idea if its good or bad.

Its 12sq meters but at the minute its completely unusable as its too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer.

The company have offered to take the old frame, roof and glass out. Brick one wall to roof height, new frame and windows, new door and one of those new insulated roofs.

Good? bad? terrible?
So you are keeping your old base?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:So ive just had one of these companies come round and offer me a quote to replace my old conservatory and Ive no idea if its good or bad.

Good? bad? terrible?

Save yourself thousands by getting a rad fitted to a wall and a fan/light combo fitted below the pinnacle.

Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Good? bad? terrible?
So you are keeping your old base?
Yeah

Got a better quote now, someone is doing basically all of the above for 10

Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Booji Boy wrote:

Good? bad? terrible?

Save yourself thousands by getting a rad fitted to a wall and a fan/light combo fitted below the pinnacle.
The roof is fekked and not sealed so any heat goes straight out of there

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:47 pm

Yes i would of said 8 -10K is that plus the dreaded?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Cost for a conservatory replacement?

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Good? bad? terrible?
I'm sure you could ring around for quotes.

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”