The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by nikkiboy »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:11 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Lee Taylor wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
Lee would be perfect for approving posts :)
probably faster too
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
County Player

Post by 1205 »

Paddy McGinty wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm
devosteve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

1205 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm
devosteve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.
Yes I agree, Ginge is the worst at the moment for large signatures and then you have Gary......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Quite.

Click this link

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

Change display signature to 'no' and click submit
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:38 pm
Quite.

Click this link

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

Change display signature to 'no' and click submit
Forgot you can do that. Cheers Nik!
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post

then completely ignore this place himself, .

This is not his first time pulling this stunt
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post

It's about time for him to turn up to inform us that this Nathan Aspinall may be someone worth paying attention to.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Zeyes wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Garry Murphy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post

It's about time for him to turn up to inform us that this Nathan Aspinall may be someone worth paying attention to.
or promise friends of the site some free cosmo flights.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
thelad1985
Pub Champion

Post by thelad1985 »

i like lee -

robson
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

thelad1985 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 pm i like lee -

robson
If he gets Gazmong fizzin' he's alright by me.
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Hasnt he got to be around the place to get people "fizzin"?
Big Jock Knew
Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 »

Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Thehateful180 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

I liked Sharky, Talked to him many times, His brother was a right prick though.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm Hasnt he got to be around the place to get people "fizzin"?
You would think so.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Thehateful180 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

Sharing tips privately via Whatsapp, mate.

Reliably informed that of the fifteen or so members, all but one is running at a loss for the year to date.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

waddle147 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am

Reliably informed that of the fifteen or so members, all but one is running at a loss for the year to date.
No one cares mate.
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

BlueSpark wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 am
waddle147 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am

No one cares mate.
The mug who moved this thread to where no one will see it does, mate.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Wazza180
Pub Champion

Post by Wazza180 »

ifm wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:33 am OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).
But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
The only posts on here since 3.43 this afternoon have been to troll the bdo.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.
One who just sit's on Whinges lap jumping to any command by the master.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
Some things never change, do they?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

I like Ian. He's good company on the occasions I've met him and a hell of a player on his day.

But he really believes this stuff, bless him.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Always liked Ian but he's like someone else we know in that once they've had a good drink they get a bit emotional and lose all self control in their posts, now who was the other guy, its on the tip of my tongue, David something. :)