The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

nikkiboy wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I have big plans for a df merger.
Will 'the forger' agree though? :)
The key is different user groups. Anyone who wishes to steer clear of any df edginess can be put into a user group where it is not visible.

Yourself joins as admin.

Other mods move over as mods of the darts sections.

Something to think about.
UKDA 4 Life
nikkiboy
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).
But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
The only posts on here since 3.43 this afternoon have been to troll the bdo.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.
One who just sit's on Whinges lap jumping to any command by the master.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
Actually let me address some of these points for you, albeit obviously a trolling exercise.

So what you are saying is that pointing out that just over 80 ticket sales for a 'major' is quite poor is actually hatred, pointing out spelling mistake and omittences in official literature is hatred, pointing out that jumping into bed with a conman is hatred, questioning why a major has no TV coverage announced is hatred, in fact anything negative is hatred according to you.
Hatred - intense dislike; hate.
synonyms: loathing, hate, detestation, dislike, distaste, abhorrence, abomination
Apart from the odd post from JC or The Knowledge which end up getting edited or deleted I am struggling to see the 'hatred' in what people post here.
This term 'hater' which you and your cronies on BDOF bandy around is the worst type of dumb Americanism used by people who have neither the intelligence to understand the criticism nor the capacity to rectify it or respond so they just type the word 'hater' as a type of rallying call to their fellow cerebrally challenged to join in like sheep and agree with them even though they have no idea what the comment was all about in the first place. If you dismiss everyone who disagrees with you or what you are doing as 'haters' you then feel you have a free pass not to address the points raised in the first place. You have become but a parody of your former self and the exact kind of person whom the BDO board rely upon in order to keep their position. You are the worst type of troll, a troll who doesn't even realise that he is trolling and is himself a big reason why some people do not post as much on here.

I have to ask you, if the BDO and it's tour were that fantastically good then why do you choose to play PDC?

May I respectfully suggest that you stick to BDOF where you, Ross and Egerton can tickle each other's tummies and hit the ban button to get rid of anyone who has the audacity to question the way the BDO board are dragging the organisation further into the ground day by day. As for us on here we will continue to question their actions and results, we will continue to point out how things could be improved and continue to hold the board to account for their failings.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

IFM who spends his time on here trolling, name calling and moaning about the mods, has the audacity to complain , when he is one of , if the not the main reason people cannot be bothered anymore.

priceless
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ifm wrote:OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).
But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
Just in from work and catching up on the forum posts.

FFS :DDD:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

IFM the laughing stock of the forum.
No wonder he hasn't elaborated yet today....
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Bumped on here for those that haven't seen it :grin:
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Always seems to be around April you get these threads.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It's sad, RIP.
Have you calmed down yet Hun? xxxxxx
Big Jock Knew
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ChrisW wrote:Always seems to be around April you get these threads.
Must be some leftover march madness, coupled with a lack of big tournaments to talk about.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I hope hes alright. The news about the dire and pathetic WDT ticket sales has clearly driven him over the edge.
Big Jock Knew
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

I am pretty sure that the main reason why many are tired of this forum has three letters: i, f and m
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I'm sure this thread has gone as well as he expected....
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:I'm sure this thread has gone as well as he expected....
He will be laughing his Madsocks off.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:I'm sure this thread has gone as well as he expected....
He will be laughing his Madsocks off.
:DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

ifm wrote: a bdo hatchet job,
anti bdo
the anti BDO brigade
troll the bdo.
a hate platform for those who loath the BDO
BDO hatred.
anyone else sensing a pattern to the crying ? :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Garry Murphy wrote:
anti bdo
the anti BDO brigade
troll the bdo.
BDO hatred.
have you ever thought that you are partly to blame for the decline in sensible forum activity?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

daveboygreen wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
anti bdo
the anti BDO brigade
troll the bdo.
BDO hatred.
have you ever thought that you are partly to blame for the decline in sensible forum activity?
No.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Anyone else think someone's vying for a seat on the new board?
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

Has he been back to the forum since his epic tantrum?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Has he been back to the forum since his epic tantrum?
A brief visit yesterday morning. No posts though :grin: