The death of a forum

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9720
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The death of a forum

Post by BlueSpark » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Lee Taylor wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm
I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26794
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The death of a forum

Post by ChrisW » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:11 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Lee Taylor wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm
I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
Lee would be perfect for approving posts :)

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29990
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm

ChrisW wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:11 pm
BlueSpark wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Lee Taylor wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:33 pm
I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
Is this why you haven't logged on for over two months?
Lee would be perfect for approving posts :)
probably faster too
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

1205
Superleague Player
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

Re: The death of a forum

Post by 1205 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm
devosteve wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm
I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.

User avatar
Paddy McGinty
International
Posts: 24086
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am
Contact:

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

1205 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm
devosteve wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm
I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.
Yes I agree, Ginge is the worst at the moment for large signatures and then you have Gary......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 29990
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:38 pm

1205 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm
devosteve wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm
I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.
Click this link

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

Change display signature to 'no' and click submit
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26794
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The death of a forum

Post by ChrisW » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:38 pm
1205 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 pm
devosteve wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:01 pm
I'll ask paddy to ask his mate ifm (over on fanatics) when did this forum actually die.
Come on it is pretty dead, just a handful of people posting now and most of that content is mindless bickering and piss taking.
Quite.

I come here despite that, because there are people who post interesting and useful information.
Ian was right in his original assumption. Maybe mortally wounded would be a better description at present........ ;-)
It might help if the default configuration for lurkers was _not_ to display signatures, which would make things more readable and cut down on some of the persistent childishness.
Click this link

ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=view

Change display signature to 'no' and click submit
Forgot you can do that. Cheers Nik!

Garry Murphy
International
Posts: 6279
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Garry Murphy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm

I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post


then completely ignore this place himself, .

This is not his first time pulling this stunt
Image

Zeyes
International
Posts: 9515
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Zeyes » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm
I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post


then completely ignore this place himself, .
It's about time for him to turn up to inform us that this Nathan Aspinall may be someone worth paying attention to.

Garry Murphy
International
Posts: 6279
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Garry Murphy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:28 pm

Zeyes wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 pm
Garry Murphy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:06 pm
I am sure Lee will be back again soon starting threads telling people to post


then completely ignore this place himself, .
It's about time for him to turn up to inform us that this Nathan Aspinall may be someone worth paying attention to.
or promise friends of the site some free cosmo flights.
Image

thelad1985
Pub Champion
Posts: 765
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 am

Re: The death of a forum

Post by thelad1985 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 pm

i like lee -

robson

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 3973
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:34 pm

thelad1985 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 pm
i like lee -

robson
If he gets Gazmong fizzin' he's alright by me.
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
Ginge
International
Posts: 62997
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Location: The West Riding

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Ginge » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Hasnt he got to be around the place to get people "fizzin"?

Thehateful180
Steady Sixties
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by Thehateful180 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.

daveboygreen
County Player
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: The death of a forum

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:35 am

Thehateful180 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.
I liked Sharky, Talked to him many times, His brother was a right prick though.

ChrisW
International
Posts: 26794
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Maastricht

Re: The death of a forum

Post by ChrisW » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 am

Ginge wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm
Hasnt he got to be around the place to get people "fizzin"?
You would think so.

waddle147
Steady Sixties
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 am

Re: The death of a forum

Post by waddle147 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am

Thehateful180 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.
Sharing tips privately via Whatsapp, mate.

Reliably informed that of the fifteen or so members, all but one is running at a loss for the year to date.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...

User avatar
BlueSpark
International
Posts: 9720
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Re: The death of a forum

Post by BlueSpark » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 am

waddle147 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am
Thehateful180 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.
Sharing tips privately via Whatsapp, mate.

Reliably informed that of the fifteen or so members, all but one is running at a loss for the year to date.
No one cares mate.
“Deluxe have put together a seriously good team behind this , who are used to events at the very top of British and international sports.
They are certainly not muppets and must truly believe the BDO is marketable”
Pauly 24/12/15

waddle147
Steady Sixties
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:40 am

Re: The death of a forum

Post by waddle147 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:42 pm

BlueSpark wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 am
waddle147 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:13 am
Thehateful180 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:56 pm
Where did my forum of choice doublefinish go? I tried to find it but just got a forum full of idiots giving out bad gambling tips.

It's a complete violation of Sharky's legacy.
Sharing tips privately via Whatsapp, mate.

Reliably informed that of the fifteen or so members, all but one is running at a loss for the year to date.
No one cares mate.
The mug who moved this thread to where no one will see it does, mate.
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...

Post Reply

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”