The news stories that annoy the hell out of you thread

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
nikkiboy
International

The news stories that annoy the hell out of you thread

Post by nikkiboy » Tue May 22, 2018 11:46 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44209141
A white woman has been booed at a Kendrick Lamar gig for singing the N-word on stage.

The rapper invited the woman, who identified herself only as "Delaney", to sing M.A.A.D City during his set at the Hangout Festival in Alabama.

But Kendrick stopped her after she repeatedly used the N-word - which is heard multiple times in his song.

As the crowd reacted angrily, Kendrick told her: "You gotta bleep one single word."

She appeared not to realise why she had been stopped, and asked: "Am I not cool enough for you, bro?"
If you have a problem with a word then why the hell would you write it multiple times in a song?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Garry Murphy
International

Re: The news stories that annoy the hell out of you thread

Post by Garry Murphy » Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm

white people are the only race you can officially be racist against.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Tue May 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Anything EVER written by the Daily Mail.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed May 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:white people are the only race you can officially be racist against.
I find that I do a hell of a lot of historical reading these day and was reading up again on the Barbary and Arab slave trade. Whole villages in Spain, Italy, Cornwall, Ireland and France taken captive and sold into slavery in North Africa and around the Ottoman Empire, continuing into the 20th century. We never hear a word about the 1.25 million* white people taken by the Barbary Pirates or the 5 million* black African slaves sold to Muslim countries.

Garry Murphy
International

Post by Garry Murphy » Wed May 23, 2018 2:45 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:white people are the only race you can officially be racist against.
I find that I do a hell of a lot of historical reading these day and was reading up again on the Barbary and Arab slave trade. Whole villages in Spain, Italy, Cornwall, Ireland and France taken captive and sold into slavery in North Africa and around the Ottoman Empire, continuing into the 20th century. We never hear a word about the 1.25 million* white people taken by the Barbary Pirates or the 5 million* black African slaves sold to Muslim countries.

Largest single raid in the UK or ireland was the one in Baltimore West cork
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed May 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Garry Murphy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Largest single raid in the UK or ireland was the one in Baltimore West cork
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baltimore
Yet how many movies have been made about it? If you didn't look it up you would never know.

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”