General Election 2019

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy

Who are you going to vote for in the 2019 General Election

Poll ended at Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Tories
50%
Labour
20%
SNP
No votes
Lib Dem
30%
Brexit Party
No votes

Total votes: 10

nikkiboy
International

Re: General Election 2019

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:32 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:30 am
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:01 am
Skewball wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:46 pm
Corbyn got ripped a new one good and proper.
I'm sure Neil will do the same to Boris but he really did do a number on Corbyn who literally had no answer to his questions. And he didn't even need to discuss Corporation tax - the biggest hole in the Labour grey book by far.
Just finished watching now, and Corbyn was shredded by Andrew Neil. Personally thought Nicola Sturgeon dealt with him much better, despite not coming across well.

Boris will suffer the same fate?
Will he?
If he's got any sense he will keep running away from Andrew!
All Boris has to do is stay out of trouble and let the Labour bat shit crazy policies speak for themselves.
Actually the most worrying element of Labours policy is their Bexit policy when you follow it through as it will be very very divisive for the country.
Not the policy of planting 12,000 trees every hour 24 hours a day for 7300 days until they get to 2 billion? A policy which requires land space roughly the size of Wales to fit them on.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:32 pm
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:46 pm
Corbyn got ripped a new one good and proper.
I'm sure Neil will do the same to Boris but he really did do a number on Corbyn who literally had no answer to his questions. And he didn't even need to discuss Corporation tax - the biggest hole in the Labour grey book by far.
Just finished watching now, and Corbyn was shredded by Andrew Neil. Personally thought Nicola Sturgeon dealt with him much better, despite not coming across well.

Will he?
All Boris has to do is stay out of trouble and let the Labour bat shit crazy policies speak for themselves.
Actually the most worrying element of Labours policy is their Bexit policy when you follow it through as it will be very very divisive for the country.
Not the policy of planting 12,000 trees every hour 24 hours a day for 7300 days until they get to 2 billion? A policy which requires land space roughly the size of Wales to fit them on.
hmm, now you say it, if they could actually plant them all in Wales, to cover it up completely then I'm in....

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:00 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:47 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:32 pm
Skewball wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Will he?
hmm, now you say it, if they could actually plant them all in Wales, to cover it up completely then I'm in....
Plus there's about a million homes to fit in, then all the new people after Labour open the borders completely to the world, it's going to get crowded.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Who do I want to? or who i have to?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Saw something like this on Twitter:

Early indications are that Labour are way ahead at the moment but that will all change when the conservative voters finish work and go to vote.

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 pm

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Exit polls have been wrong but looks like Jez has been shafted.

Edit: someone edited my post.
Last edited by ChrisW on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 am

This is that nastiest election I've ever seen and the lies were just too numerous to list.

On the plus side Diane "two odd left shoes" Abbott will not be in charge of our security.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 am

Just proves most normal people dont want a loony left in charge. Never will until the 70s are only in the history books.
The only labour leader to win an election in over 40 years was in the centre left and wasn't out to destroy capitalism.
Assuming the Tories plod along over the next 5 years and nothing drastic changes then a sensible, popular, centralist run labour party will get close. In 2024 with no Corbyn and Brexit more or less a done job then it will be a fair fight.

Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Skewball wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 am
Just proves most normal people dont want a loony left in charge. Never will until the 70s are only in the history books.
The only labour leader to win an election in over 40 years was in the centre left and wasn't out to destroy capitalism.
Assuming the Tories plod along over the next 5 years and nothing drastic changes then a sensible, popular, centralist run labour party will get close. In 2024 with no Corbyn and Brexit more or less a done job then it will be a fair fight.
I think this election result underscores the fact that when the Great British Public vote for something (Brexit) they expect their wishes to be respected. My great hope is that Boris Johnson can deliver a better life for everyone and still have a great relationship with EU and that remainers can finally accept democracy and get on board.

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 am
This is that nastiest election I've ever seen and the lies were just too numerous to list.

On the plus side Diane "two odd left shoes" Abbott will not be in charge of our security.
Yeah, when I was a kid most of the nastiness came from the right. That's hardly the case now. Corbynites were vile at times. That rally the night before the election where they made clear their views on any Jewish support they might have had left showed them for what they are.

Then you get social media where z-list celebs are saying anyone who voted Conservative must be stupid. I live in a neighbourhood where most people vote Conservative and most, if not all, are well educated (better educated than most comedians, that's for sure).

This was probably the first election (certainly the first that I've seen) where a number of predominantly working-class northern towns and cities voted Conservative. And of course now they're "stupid" too. Were they stupid when they kept voting Labour despite those constituencies still being poor after decades of local Labour leadership? Apparently not ;)

Anyway, I'm glad Labour got thrashed and even more pleased to get rid of Corbyn once and for all. The crying the next day was something to behold :)

As for Diane Abbott, yeah, her views on what constitutes a terrorist group showed one of two things:

1) She's actually clueless about terrorism
2) She understands full well what some of these groups are like, but refuses to condemn them anyway. Perfect for a Corbyn govt., but not for anyone who has the UK's best interests at heart.

Both are bad. Both make her unsuitable for government.

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”