Katie Hopkins

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Booji Boy
International

Katie Hopkins

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:51 am

This guy is a fuucking genius. Her speech at the end of the video just confirms what a hideous person she is.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/01/31/ka ... RNy3SPFVSQ

Rout
International

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Rout » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Wonderful.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:42 pm

Nikkiboy be along in a moment to defend her, mark my words :grin:

Thehateful180
The Ton Club

Post by Thehateful180 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:55 pm

She doesn't really even hold those views. She's a failed reality TV chancer, who got infamous for saying things about fat people. To stay relevent, she became a far right mouthpiece. It's a failure of humanity that someone so utterly mediocre was allowed to become high profile.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:01 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:42 pm
I actually wrote half a paragraph earlier and couldn't be arsed finishing it :)

Can't defend how she says things, she's horrible but she does occasionally make some very good points and puts the argument out there for discussion. Taking her off twitter is silly, delete the offending tweets and warn her fair enough but even the most odious person should be allowed their view.

Great award she won, a very apt gotcha!
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:04 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:01 pm
Booji Boy wrote:

Can't defend how she says things, she's horrible but she does occasionally make some very good points and puts the argument out there for discussion. Taking her off twitter is silly, delete the offending tweets and warn her fair enough but even the most odious person should be allowed their view.

Pray tell me some of these good points?

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:47 pm

Oh god, Nick, you're not still peddling the utterly ridiculous notion that straight white males have it hardest in this country are you?

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:05 pm

Rout wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:47 pm
Oh god, Nick, you're not still peddling the utterly ridiculous notion that straight white males have it hardest in this country are you?
Go get a job as a labour candidate or on channel 4 news, oh that's right you can't, not because you're a lazy git but because they only employ people off of approved lists made up of all minorities or preferred gender, we as White males cannot even get shortlisted.
It's a very uncomfortable fact but anyone who raises it is immediately branded a racist, misogynist or we're told we cannot talk because of white privilege.

There are numerous bursaries available to get girls into university and people like stormzy set up ones to get black kids into uni, what about white males who statistically are the group in the most need - a retired chap recently gifted his estate to a college on the grounds that they use the money to educate poor white boys (like he once was) and the college turned it down because they thought it was racist.

It is a discussion that needs to be had surely?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/poor ... -ddjb6j2p6

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... white-boys

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:04 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

She has no good points but she does bring up uncomfortable facts that others ignore.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:08 pm
Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:04 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Booji Boy wrote:

She has no good points but she does bring up uncomfortable facts that others ignore.
What are these uncomfortable facts you goal post moving midget?

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:12 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:05 pm
Rout wrote:
Go get a job as a labour candidate or on channel 4 news, oh that's right you can't, not because you're a lazy git but because they only employ people off of approved lists made up of all minorities or preferred gender, we as White males cannot even get shortlisted.
It's a very uncomfortable fact but anyone who raises it is immediately branded a racist, misogynist or we're told we cannot talk because of white privilege.

There are numerous bursaries available to get girls into university and people like stormzy set up ones to get black kids into uni, what about white males who statistically are the group in the most need - a retired chap recently gifted his estate to a college on the grounds that they use the money to educate poor white boys (like he once was) and the college turned it down because they thought it was racist.

A couple of quotes from the articles above. I dont see any issue with what those schools did at all.

“Bursaries are an engine of social mobility and they should be available to all who pass our entrance examinations, irrespective of their background."

“Notwithstanding legal exceptions to the relevant legislation, the school does not see how discrimination on grounds of a boy’s colour could ever be compatible with its values.”

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:13 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:

Bit in bold is complete and utter hogwash.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 pm

So how are people like stormzy allowed to do the same?

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:15 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:13 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:

Labour themselves on their all women shortlists.

https://labour.org.uk/about/how-we-work ... tas-women/

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:17 pm

Col?
Screenshot_20200131_151612_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200131_151612_com.android.chrome.jpg (628.43 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:18 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 pm
His scholarship provides funds to black students who get accepted at Cambridge. He has no say in the selection process. He provides the funds after they have been accepted.

DavidOwen67
International

Post by DavidOwen67 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Is Nikki suggesting that Labour has no white, male MPs?

I was under the impression that the vast majority of them fitted that exact description.

Silly me.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:18 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:14 pm
His scholarship provides funds to black students who get accepted at Cambridge. He has no say in the selection process. He provides the funds after they have been accepted.
So would have the example I posted, one is racist and not welcome the other is fine. Bit of a double standard don't you think.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:22 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:15 pm
Booji Boy wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:13 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote:

Labour themselves on their all women shortlists.

https://labour.org.uk/about/how-we-work ... tas-women/
I think you should read that and then adjust your original post accordingly.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:23 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:20 pm
Is Nikki suggesting that Labour has no white, male MPs?

I was under the impression that the vast majority of them fitted that exact description.

Silly me.
No I'm telling you the fact that if you wished to be a Labour candidate now you would not be considered because you are a white male, screenshot again.
Screenshot_20200131_151612_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200131_151612_com.android.chrome.jpg (628.43 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”